GameTrack is an iPhone and iPad app that tracks your video game backlog, archive and wish list with beautiful banner images and charts.
- Search for any game you want using the Giant Bomb Wiki database and access all of the related information.
- Keep track of all the games you own and your progress through them.
- Share these lists with your friends using the automated share function.
- Switch between dark and light modes and multiple colour themes.
- Use the Swipe Menu or 3D Touch on the banners to access quick actions.
- Customise your lists using banner images from your own photo library.
- Rate your completed games and access an automated list of your top rated games for each year. This can be shared to all your favourite social media sites.
- Get notifications when your most anticipated games are released.
- View charts and statistics of your ratings and game completions.
Finally added a way to share your lists! Press the new share button in the top right corner and share an image of your backlog, archive or wish list (and at some point, your custom lists!).
- Hopefully fixed some crashes. If you still get a crash sometimes, please send me an email using the 'Send Feedback' button in settings :).
- Redesigned the poster and banner views slightly (everyone loves rounded corners right?)
- Redesigned the Add new game and Edit game screens. You now select a release date and platform at the same time using a populated list of the games releases (country, platform, etc).
- Added an 'Ongoing' game status to the Backlog. This is for games like Overwatch, PUBG, Apex Legends, that you don't complete but you are still playing.
- Fixed scrolling when adding a game for the first time.
- Fixed crashes when using the custom image picker.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App, almost perfect
Can’t recommend this app enough, I love tracking my movies with Letterboxd, anime with MyAniList, and now this for video games. The UI is really nice to look at and the archive feature is fantastic. I’ve bought the upgrade pack and used the in-app tip jar, and I still feel like this app is a steal for the value it provides. If you’re looking for an app to track your gaming backlog/archive/wishlist, this is the BEST option hands down.
My only suggestions would be to have some sort of ability to add custom games, or suggest games that aren’t currently in the database, my most recent example being N+ (there are a few more older computer games I have been unable to find as well). If this was added the app would be perfect, in my mind.
Feels like I have to manage it
So far, I actually like the app. I love that I can already automatically import using my gamertag, and that in itself is so cool! I just wish it was one step further. I wish I could also just import everything automatically instead of manually typing in my name every time I need to add a game. Also, I want the same thing on my PS4 account. I think it would be so cool just to automatically see everything as I play a game just to compare all my games without the manual labor.
All this said, I say all this to be critical, not to be mean. I understand trolls are out there so I just want to be clear that this is what I think will help this app for the long run
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review!
I'm afraid the nature of the app will always be a game backlog management tool due to all the different platforms and APIs I don't have access to e.g there is no public playstation network API so I can't reliably get that data. I could theoretically reverse engineer the official PSN app but that's kind of beyond my skill level.
However, I will look into improving the experience of importing your xbox games.
This app is a really cool idea... reminds me of Good Reads but for games. I like the data displays and it’s easy to pull in game info. 1 Question and 1 item of feedback for the developer:
Q1 - According to original concept, how should I track games that have no end... e.g. MOBAs? Just set them to 100% and keep them as “now playing” in the backlog?
FB1 - Soooo crashy. Crashy on iPhone X and crashy on iPad Pro. I try to input platform for Wishlist item - crash; I try to change % completed - crash; I try to add star rating - crash. Maybe it’s something about my devices but really surprised more people aren’t reporting crashes. I’ve added 7 games so far and it’s crashed 10 times.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review/feedback.
I've thought about how to track ongoing games before and maybe I should add an 'Ongoing Game' option that hides the % and treats it slightly differently? Open to any suggestions.
Huh, it really shouldn't crash when you select a platform... I'd really appreciate if you could email gametrackapp at icloud.com with some more info (eg. what game, what platform, what list etc) to see if I can fix it :)
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Joe Kimberlin-Wyer
- 81.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Joe Kimberlin-Wyer
- In-App Purchases
- Customize Pack $1.99
- Donation 3 $2.99
- Donation 1 $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.