Gentler Streak is a health and fitness tracker that puts your wellbeing first. It helps find the right balance between exercise and rest. App responds to your readiness and proposes daily workout actions that keep you within healthy activity levels. Rest days are part of the actions that keep the streak going. Follow the guidance and see your fitness improve!
FREE APPLE WATCH WORKOUT TRACKER
A unique tool to control fitness on the go! It displays real-time heart rate zones and training's effect while working out, so you can adjust the intensity of the activity to avoid burnout or step up if needed.
Apple Watch App:
* Go Gentler - get personalized suggestions of daily workouts (rest included) defined in type, duration, intensity and be guided along the way
* Monitor intensity with HR zones
* Know when to end exercise to avoid overtraining
* Metric Charts - current elevation, elevation gain, HR charts
* Settings - see the metrics you're interested in or set metrics by exercise
* 124 workout types
* Map, distance, location for all outdoor workouts
* Media controls
* Display lock for water sports
* Complications: current fitness condition, the most suitable workout hint
YOUR HUB FOR EVERYDAY HEALTH & FITNESS
Instead of chasing 10k steps, rings, ... you keep the streak going by responding to your daily readiness: be it a rest, a mild activity, or an intense one. If your health metrics indicate poor wellbeing that will reflect in Gentler Streak guidance.
* Daily Fitness Recap: before and after-training. It's your fitness data digested and explained in an actionable manner.
* Activity Path: represents your optimal activity levels. It's a 10-day training log, a combo of logged workouts & their effect on your performance.
* Activity Status: a daily alternative to Activity Path focused on now.
* Sneak Peek: swipe LEFT on the Activity Path to see predicted position for the next days and plan active days
* Wellbeing: keep track of your wellness through sleeping heart rate (SHR) or resting heart rate (when SHR is unavailable), sleep duration, heart rate variability (HRV), respiratory rate, oxygen saturation, wrist temperature and period tracking.
* Daily Health Summary: your health in a gist. App learns your typical range for each metric, providing personalized context for future readings and making detecting unusual changes easier.
* Yorhart character: mirrors your daily readiness.
* Insights: expert knowledge squeezed into under-1-min reads.
* Workout Summaries: analyze workout details.
* Take tracking to iPhone with Live Activity & In-App Mirroring
* Lock & Home Screen Widgets
Features to further motivate & support you in keeping a training habit alive and healthy:
* Training Log: complete workout history
* Progress Charts: stats that give a quick overview of your training compared with other periods and goals
* Workout Summaries: duration, active energy, distance, elevation gain for the chosen period
* Set Status: when sick, injured or taking a break.
* Recaps: training month/year presented engagingly with multiple share functions.
SUBSCRIPTION AND TERMS
Download and use Gentler Streak for free. Choose among auto-renewing subscriptions to upgrade to Gentler Streak Premium. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours before the end of the current period.
Manage subscription plans and turn off auto-renewal in Account Settings > Manage subscriptions after purchase. If offered, any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Gentler Streak writes & reads your data from HealthKit. Processing happens and stays on your device. Always.
Gentler Streak is NOT a medical device nor a substitute for medical advice. For that, stick to your physician.
Terms of service: https://gentler.app/terms/
Funnily enough, it’s the end of another year! As it is our custom, we end the year with a celebratory recap - imagine all your activity data beautifully mashed together and presented. Your 2023 Activity Recap, a detailed showcase of your accomplishments, is FREE and will be available in the app starting from the 1st of December.
Whether you are new onboard or a seasoned passenger, you are an important part of our journey, so please keep sharing your thoughts with us:
Thank you for exploring your fitness with us!
Ratings and Reviews
Gentler Streak’s approach to fitness is carefully crafted for balance. Instead of pushing you to your limits, the app rewards little bits of exercise throughout a day, like dog-walking or daily chores. By suggesting rest days and providing delightfully designed charts and graphics, Gentler Streak showcases a level of care that kindly moves us forward.
Wanted to love it and back together!
Paid for the subscription and in the beginning it worked fine, but after a few workouts the app just kept spinning when trying to save the workout. Contacted customer support and I was advised to restart my watch. I went along believing it would work only having to restart my watch ( an ultra btw ) after every workout. I contacted support again only to have them ask me to use the Apple fitness application which I do not like using because the problem persisted and they had a poor solution for it. The only good thing out of this ridiculous journey is for me to find another app is very consistent at a reasonable price that provides accurate workout details and plays well with the fitness and health apps. I also learned to not trust the editors choice and app of the Year recommendations from Apple at face value. If you are reading, please try these apps out for at least 2 weeks before subscribing. UPDATED 2/26
World class support!
The app devs and support staff worked tirelessly to fix the app and with a quick update the app is working flawlessly. It is by far the best and most reasonably priced fitness app out there. The features in the app for the iPhone and Apple Watch are refined and accurate. Well done. You have one happy loyal customer.
Still needs a bit of work
UPDATE: We still aren’t getting anything to show our steps as activity in this app. That’s a critical issue here. We shouldn’t have to log our daily steps as workouts to record the activity. I’ve tried doing this to have a more accurate picture of wellbeing and actually have the app saying I’m overreaching when it’s not that hard to walk throughout the day, taking breaks in between. Developers need to find a way to work this into the algorithm for the app. As it stands it seems that while other apps ignore the need for customization based on individual abilities/needs this app ignores the need to have basic data at its core. We need to meet somewhere in the middle here ASAP.
I like the app but there are area it needs work; 1) The new Wellbeing tab and syncing with Health is good, but why doesn’t it show our steps? and why aren’t our streaks reflecting our walking throughout the day? This needs attention ‼️ 2) I’ve had to edit sleep in other apps as it over estimated my time sleeping. But then this app shows “Insufficient data” under the Wellbeing tab.🤨 The day is there? I just corrected it so that the record is accurate. This shouldn’t be a problem. 3) One of the reasons I’ve liked this app is the ability to do things at our own pace. I don’t like the “reminders” about exercising or losing a streak. A streak shouldn’t rely solely on workouts but also steps. See point 1.
Developer Response ,
thank you for taking the time and leaving a review. We are indeed a work in progress. 😊
a) Steps may become a part of Wellbeing if we find a sensible way to include them.
b) Your heart rate is the base for the TRIMP formula, which lies at the core of our algorithm. When you don't track your workout, we get very scarce feedback on it; therefore, we cannot estimate the toll it took on your body. The same goes for steps that appear as exercise minutes (if you use Apple Watch). We take it into account, but since heart rate data is not dense, we can't tell the strain it had on your body, therefore the effect on Activity Path is most probably not as great as it would be with full data. The Apple Watch reads your heart rate continuously every couple of seconds when tracking a workout, giving us great data to work with. When you are not tracking, your watch reads your heart rate every 2 to 5 minutes, getting up to 20 readings per hour at best.
2. This was a bug that was removed with the next version. If the problem still persists, please send over an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will have a look into it.
3. Reply in the 1st point covers this. I agree this would be optimal, but it would not be backed with data, which then makes it messy. You could insert walking activity by hand, and do an equivalent of distance, and estimate your efforts with RPE. However, this is not optimal and we would suggest tracking as many workouts as possible, and with that getting quality data in, so we can guide you best as we can.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Gentler Stories d.o.o.
- 116.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Gentler Stories LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Gentler Premium Yearly $27.49
- Gentler Premium Yearly Family $32.99
- Gentler Premium Monthly $7.99
- Gentler Premium Yearly Family $54.99
- Gentler Premium Lifetime $69.99
- Gentler Premium Yearly $39.99
- Gentler Premium Lifetime $139.99
- Gentler Premium Monthly Family $8.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.