Say more with GIF Keyboard by Tenor. Add tone to your conversation.
With Tenor’s GIF Keyboard for iPhone, iPad and iMessage discover or create the right GIF or video to visually sum up exactly what you’re trying to say, directly from your keyboard. Express the emotion, inside joke, or clever response you want to share.
iMessage App Features:
- Get the same great browse and search experience as GIF Keyboard, including access to your favorites and uploads.
- Press and hold on any GIF to create a sticker that you can drag and drop onto any text, image or GIF in iMessage.
- Create your own GIFs with your front or back camera and personalize them with text, a handwritten note or drawings. Share instantly or save to a Pack.
- Create packs of your favorite stickers and GIFs that you can easily share with friends and family.
Syncs with GIF Keyboard
- Everything syncs to your Tenor GIF Keyboard so you can take your stickers and GIFs everywhere GIFs are supported.
GIF Keyboard Features:
- Send the right GIF or video to express exactly what’s on your mind, directly from your keyboard!
- Search Tenor’s millions of GIFs and videos to find the one that perfectly fits the moment. You can also search by emoji to see the GIFs related to that emoji..
- Need inspiration? Browse by category like reactions, trending topics, and more.
- Once you find the right GIF or video, simply tap it to automatically copy it to your clipboard, tap the iMessage text box to paste it and watch as it plays inline in your conversation.
- See a GIF you like while browsing on your phone? Save it directly to your GIF Keyboard from Safari with the share button and our share extension. No need to save it to your camera roll because it’s instantly available from your GIF Keyboard!
- Keep the GIFs you love handy -- double tap a GIF to favorite it and customize your GIF Keyboard.
- Works with your favorite messengers and social networks including iMessage, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Facebook and email. Just long-press on a GIF to pull up options to share the GIF, video, link, or save to camera roll.
Tenor’s GIF Keyboard needs “full access” in your iPhone settings. This gives the GIF Keyboard full access to the internet so we’re able to give you the GIF you are searching for and ensure that our library is always updated with the latest and greatest GIFs and videos.
Note: We do not log keystrokes or send them to our servers other than to search by key terms for the perfect GIF. If you have any other questions about full access please email us at email@example.com.
Tenor was formerly known as Riffsy.
We're continuing to improve stability and fix bugs. Specifically, this version fixes issues with collecting and favoriting.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app !
I love this app and I use it all the time the only problem I have is I lose gif sometimes. It looks like it is trying to download some I saved at the very beginning but never loads. Not sure what some of them are but a few I have redone loaded. I have several categorized packs that use to have gifs in them but now they are empty. I truly believe it is worth 5 stars since I use it multiple times a day I do wish these small insignificant issues could be fixed but in the big scheme of life this is the really really small stuff :) I thought I hit send forever ago but apparently this review was in save mode :/ SOOOO UPDATE!!! still Love this app and having the keyboard... I do not create or save many things under my profile but I do think it is pretty cool I created one where I put my own text and it has been shared a ridiculous-amount of times. Likes, uses or saves ... I guess I am kinda Cool on some level 😂
It’s the go to
Works well as a primary choice for gifs on my iPhone. There one thing I wish you all would make happen? When typing out what you want to search for, there’s no way to spell check/auto correct to spell the word correctly.
So my fix is, is to just type out whatever word in the text box of the message, find the correct spelling and then use that to type correctly in to the search bar of Tenor. Also you can’t copy or paste that word from the message into the search bar of Tenor either.
That’s what I’ve found to work, there’s some steps involved where there shouldn’t be it’s just a waste of time..but oh well what can you do…..
I love Tenor but I don’t love being “forced” to give permissions
I installed the Tenor app b/c I use it in desktop a lot. It was great at first—Easy to install and setup, easy to use in texts, etc. But now any app that allows any form of messaging has a giant banner that says something about enabling full access, instead of just access to my Messages app. According to Apple forums, there’s no way to get rid of the banner (and it’s super easy to accidentally click it and have to back out and go back to what you were doing due to all the real estate it takes up on the screen) unless you give those permissions. Tenor says it’s “not as scary as it sounds,” but when you’re someone who uses privacy apps like Signal, you don’t want to give 3rd parties ability to read all of your typing! So I deleted it. Gave it 3 stars b/c it’s very fun and functional, but not enough to be willing to be coerced into doing something I’m not comfortable with. I will definitely redownload if they rectify this in the future.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tenor, Inc.
- 118.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 Tenor