Collect your GIFs. Share them. Love them! If you're a GIF connoisseur, then you need an app that's as serious about them as you are. That's where GIFwrapped comes in.
• Use iCloud or Dropbox to add new GIFs and sync your collection. Keep your GIFs on multiple devices and have a backup in the cloud. The digital cloud. No one keeps GIFs in real clouds anymore, everything gets too wet.
• Use the bundled Messages app to share GIFs from your Library with your friends in seconds. No muss, no fuss.
• Drag and drop GIFs en mass to and from GIFwrapped. Drag them all! Drag them good!
• Find new GIFs using Giphy powered search! Just bang in a phrase like "cat" or "lumpy space princess" and be prepared for pure awesome to rain down on you from the heavens.
• Import GIFs, Bursts, and Live Photos from your Photo Library. Save them back to Photos, too, if that's your jam.
• Use an extension to quickly save images to your library! It's not sexy or anything, but it is super easy and probably fun by someone's standards!
• Preview GIFs in standard or retina quality. It all depends on whether you like pixels or not.
Upgrade your GIF game even further by subscribing to GIFwrapped Premium for US$3.49 per year (may vary from country to country), which unlocks awesome features, removes ads, and supports an independent creator.
• Turn off ads. I hate 'em as much as your do, but a guy's gotta eat.
• Bookmark searches for easy access the next time you want them. These things are important for those GIF standoffs your's somehow always getting into.
• Reuse, and recycle, your search history as a list of bookmarks, so revisiting the past doesn't need to involve time travel… or memory.
• Additional information about images within the Into panel, including number of frames, duration, and more. That way you can know your GIFs inside and out.
• Turn off the embedded watermark in Bursts and Live Photos. I mean, liking GIFwrapped is one thing, but to plaster the logo over GIFs of your pets? Probably a bit much.
If you choose to subscribe to GIFwrapped Premium, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and the subscription will automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of the current period. You can manage this in Account Settings. Cancel your subscription at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to let it lapse.
Terms of Service: https://gifwrapped.co/terms
Hello again! I know I've been quiet for a few weeks, but I'm back again with an update to fix some issues that many of you have graciously let me know about. Thanks for being patient while I worked on them, some of them required extra digging!
- Getting iCloud sync to work with the existing Library has been a challenge, and I've been finding that occasionally it'll throw up on itself and then roll around on all the good furniture. I took a pass at improving my handling of various edge-cases, which should hopefully reduce the issues and make the whole experience much more stable all around.
- In semi-related news, when turning iCloud on and/or off, the stored preference was being changed but the rest of the code wasn't getting the message (literally). The problem was that I had inadvertently caused the piece of code that notifies everyone of the change to be skipped entirely (you might think it's simple, being just a toggle switch, but it actually hides many layers of complexity… like an onion?). In any case, I've reworked that code so things are working as expected again.
- Save to GIFwrapped was having issues when trying to save items, often getting stuck and requiring the host app to be relaunched, other times not actually saving anything at all, and sometimes both! The culprit seems to have been a threading issue (because they all are at the moment, FML), but after one little tweak to the code, it's all patched up and ready to save again.
- The storage used for keeping Library-related values wasn't being accessed in a way that was entirely legit (which happens when you're working against the clock), and thus was causing more crashes than I would like. After re-thinking some of my formerly hasty decisions, I've managed to make things a lot less problematic, and thus more stable.
- Using the Retina option for Pixel Density was a little wiggy due to the image size not respecting the zoom scale when first loading up. A quick change to adjust the size has got that sorted out, and now you can look at your tiny, tiny GIFs at their beautiful tiny, tiny size.
- The API used to render user guide articles was deprecated a while ago, and I hadn't even noticed. I moved things over to the newer APIs, which is less of an improvement for all of you, and more of a quality of life thing for future-me.
- The grid view wasn't grabbing image metadata from the source of truth, and instead would end up using its own copy and thus doing some really weird stuff. I think I'd originally done this because doing lookups would be slow… so I changed it back, but also added some indexing to make sure it's still nice and quick.
- One user was experiencing crashes over and over again due to an item somehow being stored without a modification date. When GIFwrapped would try to read the item from disk again, it'd freak out… but I've calmed it down, given it some camomile tea, and it shouldn't have problems anymore.
I'm here to help if you find yourself running into problems while using GIFwrapped, so just toss an email at email@example.com, or hit me up @gifwrapped on Twitter.
Have a great day!
Ratings and Reviews
Recent update a disaster!
Original at bottom. The latest update brought back all my GIFs, thank goodness, most of them 4 times. So I did have to spend a significant amount of time deleting the duplicates. However, its functionality seems to have been restored and the developer had been pretty responsive. I'll add more stars after future updates go smoothly.
I used to love this app but the recent update had failed on every level. The first time I opened it I elected to turn on iCloud synch and ALL MY GIFS were gone. I closed all my apps, turned my phone off and on and now I can't get passed the "Synch to iCloud" screen. Very, very worried that I have lost everything.
Great idea and execution; Responsive and kind developer
This app such a fun, wonderful idea that I didn’t know I needed. GIFs remain one of the most enjoyable forms of digital self-expression, and GIFwrapped makes it easier than ever. The few bugs I experienced at the recent new version’s launch were quickly addressed. It’s important to understand that software development isn’t necessarily easy, and changing one thing can easily introduce bugs that would have been impossible to anticipate sometimes. If you haven’t done your part as a user of the app and contacted the developer for support and to report the issues you experienced, then it is unfair to leave a negative review based on those bugs. Give them a chance. And I can tell from my experience so far with this app, that they will do their best to resolve the issue and probably kindly inform you what went wrong too. I’m impressed with the support and service. That is to say nothing of the excellent panel design that is becoming an important player on iPhone apps, and the ability to access your library from the Files app. Yeah there are some bugs but if you reach out to the developer or even just read the release notes, it will be apparent that they are working hard to make this product the best it can be. Thanks for making this! 🙏
Great app, but lacking in some areas
Let me start by saying I really love this app, however, there are some issues.
1. The feature that lets me save gifs from twitter by sharing them directly to GIFwrapped only works about half the time. I usually have to end up manually doing it by copying the share link and opening the GIFwrapped app itself.
2. After the recent update this month, I can no longer send gifs in iMessage via the iMessage app. It simply refuses to load any gifs. While I can still share them from the app, this is inconvenient.
Other than these two issues the app is great and enjoyable. Hopefully they will be fixed soon so I can rate this app higher.
- Daniel Farrelly
- 36.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2019 Daniel Farrelly
- In-App Purchases
- GIFwrapped Premium $3.49
- Remove Ads $1.99
- All the Things $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.