Take handwritten notes in digital, multi-media notebooks or annotate PDF, PowerPoint, and Word documents. All notes are searchable and you'll never have to worry about losing or misplacing them again. GoodNotes lets you organize all your formerly paper-based information in a single place.
AS NATURAL AS WRITING ON PAPER
Create and write in digital notebooks or import documents, images, websites, emails and more. Use one of many supported styluses (Apple Pencil included) or your finger to write like on real paper. GoodNotes' pioneering vector ink engine provides a fluent, precise and completely natural writing experience.
ALWAYS FIND WHAT YOU WROTE
Everything is indexed. Search your handwritten notes, typed- or PDF text across all documents. Quickly find the right documents and folders and open them from the search results. The same powerful OCR technology also lets you convert handwriting to typed text to export it to other apps or create text boxes in GoodNotes.
ALL YOUR NOTES WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES
Sync your notebooks across all your iOS devices using iCloud.
DON'T WORRY ABOUT MAKING MISTAKES
* Unlimited Undo & Redo
* Powerful and smart eraser
* Lasso tool to rearrange, resize, and rotate your handwriting or change colors
CUSTOMIZE YOUR NOTEBOOKS
GoodNotes comes with a large set of beautiful covers and paper templates. Included are: Essential papers in common standardized sizes, meeting templates, device-specific papers, monthly & weekly planners, Cornell note paper, legal pad paper, dark paper, checklists and more.
Need more personalization? You can import any image or PDF into the template library to reuse it over and over again.
EFFORTLESS DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
* Group documents and notebooks in folders
* Create shortcuts to important folders, notebooks or single pages with one tap
* Search across all notes to find what you‘re looking for
ALMOST MAGICAL DRAG & DROP SUPPORT
* Drag documents into your library to save them
* Drag images to your notebooks and write on them
* Export documents from GoodNotes by dragging them to other apps
* Drag handwritten notes to text editors and convert them to typed text automatically (Depends on receiving app as well)
* Drag screenshots into GoodNotes to annotate and save them
* Learn more about all possible drag & drop interactions on our blog and website
MORE EXCEPTIONAL FEATURES THAT MAKE GOODNOTES UNIQUE
* All the tools you need for taking notes: Fountain Pen, Ball Pen, Brush Pen, Eraser & Highlighter
* Shape Tool: draw perfect shapes and lines (Color filling & Multi-Stroke Shapes are supported, too)
* Lasso Tool: Rearrange, resize, & rotate notes and images. Convert handwriting to typed text. Change the color of the pen and highlighter strokes.
* Auto-Advancing Zoom Tool: Write neatly and fluent
* Image Tool and Text tool: Comfortably add and edit images and text boxes
* QuickNotes: The fastest way to create new notes and start writing right away
* Export of whole notebooks and documents or choose to export one or more pages
* Import and annotate PDF, PowerPoint, and Word documents
* Toggle between open notebooks with one tap
* Switch between list view and thumbnail view to display your notebooks in the library
* Flexible scrolling direction (horizontal or vertical)
* Rest your hand on the screen with the built-in first-in-class palm rejection
Visit our website at goodnotes.com for more information.
This update improves the rendering speed for PDF documents.
We started public beta testing for the new Presentation Mode feature. Visit our Twitter (twitter.com/GoodNotesApp) account for more information on how to sign up for public beta testing.
Ratings and Reviews
Best App Out There for Writing & Drawing with Apple Pencil ESPECIALLY
I downloaded several different apps that were free for note taking and or drawing in notebooks, etc. After not being satisfied with any of them, I decided to pay for this one. It is so worth the price! You can easily organize notes and notebooks while customizing them for whatever you need! The Apple Pencil works flawlessly as if you are using real pen and paper. I use the 1st Edition Apple Pencil with my 2019 iPad. One of the best things about this app is the fact that you can set it so that it does not capture anything from your hand or palm resting on the screen and allows you to still use your fingers to zoom, scroll through, and navigate the app all while still connected to the Apple Pencil. Also, it can literally READ and SEARCH your own handwriting so you can find where you left a certain note on a page. I have found that it this feature is very accurate! You can also customize your notebook covers, create outlines for easy navigation throughout a notebook, and you can create folders to organize each notebook even further. My only suggestion to the developers is to make it easier to get different templates for pages/covers and also allow those pages to have more background colors than just yellow or white.
Please bring these features back!
This app really does move forward in the right direction, but I was so disappointed to see that the palm rest feature and the ability to name the bookmarks are gone. I rely on these features heavily because I use this GoodNotes as my sole note taking app.
I’ve also noticed that the app will often turn pages blank if you delete some pages in an upload. When I upload PDFs or power-points, I can’t delete any of those pages without running the risk of them turning into blanks. The same occurs with pictures. I can no longer drag and drop in pictures, because they will disappear completely. The only way to avoid this is by saving the photos I’ve selected in my camera roll. Only, then do the images stay. There is a glitch when deleting pages. After about 20 or so pages, the app scrolls away from the current location and will not return to its former place. This is a bit frustrating when deleting multiple pages.
There is also a difference in lagging between the newest iPad version released in November 2018 and the version released much earlier in the year. I found it much harder to work on my 12.9 than my 10.5.
The upgrades are amazing and I would like to see a voice recording function. A drag and select feature for deleting or exporting, or the ability to be able to delete/export by page numbers like you would for printing from a computer. These would be cool, but I’d MUCH rather have these problems fixed before adding new features.
Love GoodNotes4... GoodNotes5 has major issues UPDATE
I am going up from 1 star to 3...guys HELP! After reading your blog I now understand how to import multiple documents. It’s complicated but I can do it. That is why you get 2 Morse stars. I loved (and still love) GoodNotes4 I have my whole office using Goodnotes4. The handwriting is smooth, the search feature is great, and I love how easy it is to import from apps like Dropbox. What I do not use a lot but is so great when I do – is the wireless printing GoodNotes4 allows. These are all issues I have with GoodNotes5. Why in the H*LL did you guys drop some of the best features? And what happened with the handwriting and erasing? It is choppy. Sometimes it doesn’t fully erase or write and it jumps around on the page. . . The new multi-level folders are nice. But not worth all the other things we are giving up. Is it that you guys just rusted the app to get it out? How sad because your previous app was almost perfect. I mean I HATE apple as a rule but got the new ipad pro specifically to work with your GoodNotes4 – that is how good it is. I would give that app 5+ stars and I tell everyone I know to use it. When you announced the release of 5 and that 4 was a legacy app that would not be going forward indefinitely I got 5 so that I would not worry about it going forward. Now I don’t know what to tell people. Get 4 but it may become obsolete in favor of 5 which is total horses#!*? Guys, come on. PLEASE FIX THIS!
- Time Base Technology Limited
- 339.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2018 Time Base Technology Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.