The GPB App allows you to listen to and watch Georgia Public Broadcasting radio and television, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule all at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for programs, bookmark a program for later, and wake up to GPB with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from GPB even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for the GPB stream!
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to GPB in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access GPB programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The GPB App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The GPB App is brought to you by the people at Georgia Public Broadcasting and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support Georgia Public Broadcasting by becoming a member today!
Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
Your feedback helps us make our app better for everyone. Please send us your suggestions via the "Settings and Help" section of the app!
Ratings and Reviews
Hard to find programs
I think the challenge that I have is that things are to well sorted under different tabs which actually makes things hard to find. It is as if the categories are based on the perspective of the creator and not the end user. Some programs which should available for subscribers are not present and I have to go online to view. It would also be nice if I could use the app on the firestick, smartv, or Xbox.
Middle of the road
I’m not sure exactly what part of GPB I’m responding to here-so sorry. The app? The programming? For several years I’ve had trouble finding what is on and when but that is with the app or without it. I’m a contributor and get the monthly mag but things change. I think it’s the specificity with which I canNOT search GPB.
NPR has also changed its app navigation as well as some features I’ve come to rely on. Now, I find the NPR app just plain hard to use compared with 2-3 years ago.
The “live” NPR button is gone! So I’m driving along, listening to NPR in my car, drive into the garage and want to continue hearing the program. Until recently I would immediately pick up my iPhone NPR app hit “live” and continue listening. Now there is a disconnect as I sit in my garage trying to find the program I’ve been listening to in my car. Rarely to I find the program. Seems like the Savannah GPB/NPR station has just vanished? I appreciate you asking. Listening to NPR is a daily source of frustration I’ve not experienced until maybe six months ago.
Confusing & broken
The one thing I want to use this for is listening to the local headlines each morning. That’s difficult to do even when the app is supposedly working as it should, taking me to the GPB website and having me press the Play button—not the big, “press me” Play button at the bottom of the screen on the app, but the website’s Play button that I find once I’ve scrolled down a bit. Fine, I’ll take another sip of coffee and force my morning brain to recall and fumble through that procedure. But this latest update (I believe?) has caused even that hidden-website Play button to be unresponsive! How to listen to the local headlines? Delete this app and just Google them each day—it’s easier.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Georgia Public Broadcasting
- 32.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Sky Blue Technologies Inc.