Graph: "You give it data and it gives you a graph." Other things are straightforward, unobtrusive and automatic. People using Graph have this to say about it:
"The fact that the Graph app for the Mac is free is nothing short of remarkable because charts and graphs are instant. Drop in some number and the graph practically builds itself."
"A great program. Don't let the first screen shot fool you, the output available is actually very impressive."
"More features are available in the not-so-free Graph versions, Graph Builder for Mac, and Graph IDE for iOS, both of which extend graphs far beyond Graph, and, frankly, far beyond Excel graphs."
Graph should give you a similar experience. Graph for iPhone, iPad and Mac has been downloaded over one million times and it is best to ensure that the Graph user interface is working for each and every one of those downloads. So, on the off chance that you encounter difficulty then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with an expert.
• Includes several 1D, 2D and 3D graph types such as bar, column, pie, line, area, scatter, 3D perspective scatter, trajectory and surface, volumetric, z-sliced cell, maps, linear, semi-log, x-log, log-log, polar, r-log, Gregorian date and many variations.
• Data is pasted from the pasteboard, fetched from web servers or the file system and inserted and edited using a table interface.
• Click-drag graphs to rotate and scan data.
• Click and hover over data to edit and show their values.
• Includes an integrated manual.
• Explore data sets directly from the graph or in numeric format from the table.
• Projects are navigated using a simple tool sheet.
• Thousands of graphic, graph and data attributes, including artwork, maps, autoscaling and many effects can be set by applying a skin made with Graph Builder (a separate application).
• Data and preferences are organized by project and each project is persistent and automatically saved so you can show and retrieve your settings and data on subsequent use.
• Tables load faster and show textual data much faster.
• All graphics are further optimized so that drawing and transitioning to different graph representations is much faster. However, twice the "blink of an eye" is still a "blink of an eye".
• General bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't seem to work
The app provides example data. You can clear this, but the app refused to let me enter my own data. All I could do is click a button to reload the example data.
Developer Response ,
Dear krasnov, Please email email@example.com for support. FYI: Your observation can not be reproduced here, but I am alway interested in knowing if there is a problem so that it can be fixed for the next release. Sincerely, Ed
I don't understand how to use this app at all. I think there at least needs to be a tutorial on how to use it when it's first used because how on earth do the data points show up on the graph?? When I put in my data, in ascending order, nothing showed up on the graph. Also, when I put the data in the columns correctly and I click on the title of the column, all my data points are deleted. Why?? The instructions on how to use this app are really confusing and are not helpful at all. I just don't understand how anyone can efficiently work with this app...
Developer Response ,
Dear Ninja, Your comment has hung around at the top of the Most Helpful comments for some time so please permit me to respond to your comment and by incorporation to some other comments as well. First, user reviews are very important to us and I thank you for your review. Hopefully one of the updates since your comment has addressed some of your concerns. You may also always choose to communicate directly with us at firstname.lastname@example.org where your input is very valuable. It is VVI's intention to be not only twice as good as alternatives, but actually be order of magnitude better. You can see that in the "Graph IDE CE" product where value is emphasize over absolute cost. You may also see that in VVI's Web Apps efforts which brings what we consider the most powerful visualization application right to your web browser, nothing to install - just use it. It is nothing short of an engineering miracle which is being continually improved (over a few decades). You can see some of those efforts at www.vvi.com and within the manuals at www.vvidget.org . The Graph application was written as a paradigm showing how data types map to different representations, utilizing compartmentalized tasks, and I think it accomplishes that very well and at the same time serves as a baseline tool and also instructional aid. It also demonstrates the underlying technology which utilizes an embedded SOA-based state server to thin clients. Getting back to your specific comment, I am baffled. I just downloaded Graph from the Mac App Store and exercised it and it works as intended. The only way to address your concerns, and others like it, is if you contact email@example.com so that we may determine how to proceed. Thank you for this opportunity to respond to your comment. Sincerely, Ed
Useful app, good support.
This is a very well designed app with plenty of useful features. The developer responds quickly to email and is receptive to adding new features. Integrating the manual into the application and having the help buttons go directly to the relevant manual page makes it easy to lookup and understand the features. Plus, if you use the optional skin and export features then this app easily has incredible formatting and exporting capabilities. The table input got better in this release too.
The developer, VVI, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 20 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 1991-2018, VVimaging, Inc. (dba: VVI®)