Play scales on your Launchpad.
GridInstrument lets you play your iOS device like a musical instrument. Instead of a piano keyboard, notes are arranged on a grid. It also lets you hook up your Launchpad device (using the Apple Camera Connection Kit) and play that as well!
- Launchpad integration (connect your Launchpad Mini in low-power mode without a hub or any other Launchpad with a powered hub)
- Change octaves
- Change keys
- Change from over 20 musical modes ("Major, Minor, Dorian, Mixolydian, etc.")
- Choose between three grid layouts ("Diatonic", "Chromatic/4ths String Layout", "Drum rack"), as well as row note offset/overlap setting
- Core MIDI out so that you use GridInstrument to control your other instruments
- Audiobus 3 MIDI support
- MIDI note input so that you can see notes triggered by other devices on your grid
Want to see some other feature implemented? Contact us at the Decidedly website.
It is now possible to select octave button layout (paired mode only).
Ratings and Reviews
Great App that needs some minor polish
I absolutely love this app! It has helped me think outside the box musically. I’ve become addicted to grid based playing now. It’s so much better than the keyboard layout to me.
I love that I can select scales from a wide array of modes, and the ability to change the row offset is great.
There’s a few things that I think would be great additions to consider and one issue I’ve run into.
The issue is with stuck midi notes. Since the rows can overlap with small row intervals, you end up with the same exact note on the grid multiple times. I love this, but I occasionally hit the same note on two separate pads simultaneously. When I do this, one of the midi messages gets stuck. Like there’s two noteon messages being fired, but only one noteoff.
A few things I’d love to have is velocity based on the Y-axis of each pad (or better yet the ability to map the Y-axis to midi cc), and the ability to change the row offset independently for each row instead of globally. The former being substantially more useful.
Thanks for such a great app! It’s inspired me to learn to build my own physical grid midi controller.
Needed an app to use the LaunchPad Pro and this is that app. Thanks to the few that have made videos promoting this app. Don’t have the LaunchPad devise? No problem! Play DAWS like GarageBand with the pad in the app, similar to BeatMaker grid style playing. This app is fantastic!
For what it does, it’s beautiful. Simple, idiot-proof way to unlock full Launchpad’s full potential in any app.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Decidedly, LLC
- 15.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Decidedly LLC 2017-2020
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.