The most powerful but simple shared grocery list organizer!
10 years on the market, recognized by major media, journalists, bloggers, and reputable reviewers. Several times Apple featured app.
Save time and money. Be organized at home and efficient at the supermarket. Stop rebuilding shopping lists – just reuse them. Stop calling your spouse - share via sync.
- Arrange products like your pantry, refrigerator, laundry room
- App automatically learns item order as you shop. Or, arrange aisles manually.
- Don’t type – scan barcodes or use built-in list of frequent items
- Sync shopping lists with spouse, attack supermarket 2x as fast! Push Notification
- Picture is worth a 1000 words: Never bring home the wrong product
- Multiple Shopping Lists, arrange different projects
- Consolidated "All Lists" list
- Multiple Stores – Create lists across multiple stores
- Color Pricing – Compare item prices across stores
Do you need help or have suggestion? Email us – support is always available.
To cover development cost and support, the app now serves ads which can be removed by purchasing the Yearly subscription with FREE one month trial:
• Length of subscription - One year
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Grocery Gadget – Serious Shopping Simplified
– iOS 16 related crashes fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Great with a few snags
I don’t mind paying $10/yearly for something that works well, and to avoid ads. However, I asked repeatedly how to get rid of the ads and was met with silence. It wasn’t until I wrote a second irate review that I received a response with a vague explanation for how to upgrade. It took me half a day, many tears, and outside help finding access to an ancient email account, but I finally managed to get the pro version working. There is no other app like this out there. I know because I’ve tried them all. The fact that each item can be in different aisles in different stores is what really sets this app apart. And that the aisles for each store can be sorted is the other piece that no other developer seems to understand. That you can manipulate things like taxes, add notes, sort the stores on the main screen, and include photos is just icing on the cake. The enormous difficulty in syncing the app could definitely be fixed. You can’t change the email address, so if you haven’t accessed that email, good luck resetting your password. Also good luck resetting your password once you do finally get in because the link to reset it isn’t valid. Despite all of this, I still highly recommend it and am really excited to be able to see my list without half of it blocked by ads and not have ads pop up as soon as I try to do anything.
Crashing issue resolved but now missing aisle data.
The most recent app update had been causing the app to crash for me each time I attempted to checkout as others had reported. I was able to correct this issue by uninstalling and reinstalling Grocery Gadget. However, we now find that all the aisle information we had entered for our store lists is gone. The category data is there but the aisle listing is missing entirely from the new app version. We can edit the category to item to list the aisles but this means reentering all that information. As we shop by aisle and not category this is most inconvenient. Update - 12/10: Apparently when I uninstalled, reinstalled, and synced the app with the cloud to correct the crash issue my configuration had changed. All the store aisle information we entered is now displayed correctly!
Five stars is the new zero stars!
The new (well, years now) owners of this company, PingWell, bought the program from the original developer, and reneged on all contracts that had built the company in the first place. I am one of those who paid BIG bucks (I forget if it was $5 or $10) in the early days, when most apps were free or at most 99¢, because I wanted to support a good developer and have advertisement-free list-sharing for life. Pingwell is your typical Hong Kong/Chinese company that will take all it can steal, and deliver as little as it is forced to. Apparently Apple doesn’t enforce contracts between developers and customers. Pingwell will ignore you, tell you to just subscribe, shrug, and if you push hard enough, it will just tell you to ask Apple for a refund. Atrocious business practices!
So, apparently, all of my previous reviews have just been deleted. I guess when you rate something ONE STAR it just gets thrown in the trash by Apple. Great way to serve your customers. :-(
TL;DR: Just use Apple’s built-in Notes app, creating tick-box lists, and share that among your friends and family to create your own shopping list program. Do NOT to give criminals money. Stop putting up with advertising stealing your precious time and attention. We only have ~38m minutes in a lifetime! ;-)
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pingwell Inc
- 73.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Pingwell, Inc (Grocery Gadget)
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly subscription $9.99
- Monthly subscription $0.99
- Family subscription $14.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.