The most powerful but simple shared grocery list organizer!
10 years on the market, recognized by major media, journalists, bloggers, and reputable reviewers. Several times Apple featured app.
Save time and money. Be organized at home and efficient at the supermarket. Stop rebuilding shopping lists – just reuse them. Stop calling your spouse - share via sync.
- Arrange products like your pantry, refrigerator, laundry room
- App automatically learns item order as you shop. Or, arrange aisles manually.
- Don’t type – scan barcodes or use built-in list of frequent items
- Sync shopping lists with spouse, attack supermarket 2x as fast! Push Notification
- Picture is worth a 1000 words: Never bring home the wrong product
- Multiple Shopping Lists, arrange different projects
- Consolidated "All Lists" list
- Multiple Stores – Create lists across multiple stores
- Color Pricing – Compare item prices across stores
Do you need help or have suggestion? Email us – support is always available.
To cover development cost and support, the app now serves ads which can be removed by purchasing the Yearly subscription with FREE one month trial:
• Length of subscription - One year
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Grocery Gadget – Serious Shopping Simplified
- Several bugs and crashes fixed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great with a few snags
I don’t mind paying $10/yearly for something that works well, and to avoid ads. However, I asked repeatedly how to get rid of the ads and was met with silence. It wasn’t until I wrote a second irate review that I received a response with a vague explanation for how to upgrade. It took me half a day, many tears, and outside help finding access to an ancient email account, but I finally managed to get the pro version working. There is no other app like this out there. I know because I’ve tried them all. The fact that each item can be in different aisles in different stores is what really sets this app apart. And that the aisles for each store can be sorted is the other piece that no other developer seems to understand. That you can manipulate things like taxes, add notes, sort the stores on the main screen, and include photos is just icing on the cake. The enormous difficulty in syncing the app could definitely be fixed. You can’t change the email address, so if you haven’t accessed that email, good luck resetting your password. Also good luck resetting your password once you do finally get in because the link to reset it isn’t valid. Despite all of this, I still highly recommend it and am really excited to be able to see my list without half of it blocked by ads and not have ads pop up as soon as I try to do anything.
Works perfectly for my needs
I’ve been using grocery gadget for a long time and a couple of times development stopped and I was concerned it would stop being supported. I looked around and did not find another app that has the features that I need.
I paid for the pro version and now am paying for a subscription with no complaints. I would rather pay again than have this app that I rely heavily on disappear.
I live in a rural area and make a large shopping trip monthly. When I shop, I am shopping for my household and 2-3 others. I shop at Costco and 2-3 other stores as needed. Grocery gadget has the features I need to do this type of shopping easily and with a minimum of effort. Thank you for continuing development.
expensive to share
It is cumbersome to use as a free app because the ad banner is a big nuisance. To remove the ads you have to subscribe and it is expensive for what it is, a check list that you organize based on your shopping habits. The big draw is being able to sync your list with another. But each person needs to subscribe individually to remove the ads. Using it and saving your shopping information only makes it that more valuable to you and the app developers cash in on that value by having you pay for access to your information without ads. The app works better than ever in regards to syncing but the price point at $20 a year to sync between two devices or $30 for 3 devices, is excessive for a glorified check list that gets its database from the users personal input. Ad banners use data when not contected to wifi and are too easy to click on while holding it as a check list. I like the app well enough to use it, though some features are not well thought out to be useful, such as the price feature. Different stores feature different size items so price per ounce or per unit is needed. I just wish family sharing was enabled for subscription to the app without ads. I would probably purchase it at $10 a year if it included all my devices.
Developer Response ,
We are sad to hear that you are not satisfied.
We're seriously thinking about implementing a family plan so you can enjoy the Grocery Gadget with less impact on your budget.
We are open to receiving more detailed information by email:
directly from the app:
Settings -> Send Feedback.
Thank you for using the Grocery Gadget!
- Pingwell Inc
- 59.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Pingwell, Inc (Grocery Gadget)
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly subscription $9.99
- Monthly subscription $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.