GTA: Chinatown Wars 17+
Designed for iPad
IF YOU PURCHASED GTA: CHINATOWN WARS HD, PLEASE CHECK YOUR ITUNES PURCHASE HISTORY AND RE-DOWNLOAD. IT HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH THE SAME GREAT FEATURES AS THIS VERSION.
LEFT FOR DEAD IN THE WORST PLACE IN AMERICA
Following his father's murder, Huang Lee has a simple mission: deliver an ancient sword to his Uncle Kenny to ensure his family retains control of the Triad gangs of Liberty City. Huang is a spoiled rich kid who expects everything to run smoothly, but his trip does not go exactly as planned. After being robbed and left to die, he will search for honor, riches and revenge in the most dangerous and morally bankrupt city in the world.
Built specifically for portable devices, the groundbreaking Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars has been updated for iOS devices to provide an enhanced and more immersive experience.
- Universal App! Play on all your supported iOS devices*
- Full Retina Display resolution support
- Support for MFi controllers
- Updated, highly customizable touchscreen controls
- Epic storyline with tons of side-missions, addictive mini-games and hidden collectibles
- Choose from five radio stations or create your own with custom playlist support**
Languages Supported: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese.
*Requires iOS 7.0 or greater.
**To listen to your own music library in-game, create a playlist titled "GTA" in iTunes, sync your iOS device and select the “Independence FM” radio station while playing.
Updated iOS Version developed by War Drum Studios
Find out more:
General bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great game, my personal favorite GTA
I love GTA Chinatown Wars, and it's nice to see that it's been kept up to date. I've played through this game a couple of times—on my PSP, and the on my iPod touch. Now I'm playing on my new iPad, but something kind of bugs me.
The PSP version had noticeably better graphics than the iOS version at the time. While that isn't quite the case now (as the iOS version can run at much higher, crisper resolutions), the PSP version still has better lighting effects. Night had a great atmosphere in the PSP version, especially during police chases. In this version, night just feels flat. The lack of the lighting effects that are in the PSP version doesn't make much sense to me considering how much more powerful iOS devices are compared to it, but oh well. Would be great if those were added in.
I am SO impressed by this top-down GTA game
I never particularly liked the original GTA and GTA II too down games in the franchise, so I had always been hesitant to try this one. But after recently playing and beating GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, and Liberty City Stories (getting 100% completion on them all except III) I had to try this one out. And let me say I LOVE IT. I love the cel-shaded graphics, the game looks so cool and charming. I love that the game upholds mature themes despite having been made for a Nintendo portable console originally and it makes clever use of the touch screen compatibility for unique gameplay and features. This game is awesome.
Rockstar really blessed us by making these games on iOS and I am going to be so sad when I no longer have any other ones to beat and master. Give us Vice City Stories on mobile, Rockstar!!
I love this game
1. Brings me back to my childhood playing GTA 1 and 2.
2. Much better graphics than the DS version.
3. No wifi or data required to play. I can literally play this game anywhere.
1. Buttons are a bit small and close together. Instead of braking/reversing, sometimes I’ll shoot or jump out of the vehicle.
2. The wanted level stars are very tiny.
3. The Independence (custom) radio station keeps playing the same song from the beginning every time I exit and enter the vehicle.
4. I can’t find a way to message Rockstar Games to report bugs.
1. When talking to a drug dealer there is a star if there is a special deal and a red down arrow if the price is bad or good. There is no green up arrow so you have to check every drug individually to see if there will be a profit.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Rockstar Games, Inc.
- 879.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Rockstar Games 2009
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.