A great guitar tabs and chords notation app on iOS. For any guitar music lover, Guitar Notation gives you the ability to read, compose, edit, and playback guitar sheet music scores. With it you can be a talented composer and great musician anywhere. As long as you have a little knowledge of sheet music, you can write music composition simply by touch and move. Of course it could help you to learn guitar notations. It can handle multi-track tabs, also it supports for chord chart configuration. With the help of it you could easily record the flashes of inspiration wherever they strike. Are you ready to compose music in a simple way?
-Export in the industry-popular MusicXML file format, allowing for exchanging sheet music with other software (Finale, Sibelius, Encore, MuseScore, etc).
-Export MIDI file.
-Export PNG image and PDF document.
-High quality sound for playback.
-Support editing up to 8 staff at the same time.
-Support many kinds of guitar and bass instrument.
*A variety of note types, from whole note to 128th note and dotted note
*Chord chart configuration
*A variety of time signatures
*All standard key signatures
*All accidentals (sharps, flats, double sharps, double flats, and naturals)
*Tie, slur, and tuplet
*Many types of ornament
*A wide range of dynamics
UNLIMITED ACCESS SUBSCRIPTION
- Support up to 8 staff
- Config parts(add, delete, reorder)
- Config chord freely
- Change beat type and tempo
- A wide variety of guitar types
- Config sound for each part
- No watermark image export
- No Ads
- Support 2nd voice part
- Config capo for each line
- Import data file
- The subscriptions are $9.99 yearly
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that service, where applicable
- Fixed issues on ProMotion display with iPhone13 Pro & Max
- Fixed bugs on iOS 15
- Fixed display error with the magnifier view
Ratings and Reviews
Mostly good app. Couple bugs and suggestions
Bought the full app. This is the only iPad app I’ve found to write tabs with chords and notes. The interface is mostly good with a couple bugs and some desired features. First the bugs. Notice the audio playback only works through Bluetooth not speakers on iPad w/latest OS. Also noticed you cannot create a D chord in this app - it forces a barre chord across GBE strings.
Now some feature requests. Please add ability to denote hammers and pull-always like “8 p5” or “5 h8”. Please add ability to show finger numbers on chord diagrams above the tab. Please add ability to place text notes above/below or right/left of tab grids to describe techniques. If bugs were fixed and features added this is a 5-star + app!!
Free version without subscription is USELESS, subscription is highway robbery
TL/DR synopsis: Pass on this one for now and save yourself the headache.
So I saw this and thought it might be helpful in putting music ideas to paper (or in this case, electrons). I had hopes for this app, but wanted to try it out before committing to any kind of subscription because $10/month is a lot to pay to save paper when I can print tab/staff lines for free and play them on my guiar instead of my iPad. But the free version is practically unusable. I’m unable to change time signatures and I get continuous pop up ads that interrupt my workflow. I don’t mind supporting the dev through ads IF I GET A FUNCTIONING PRODUCT. I get the developers have to earn a return on their investment of time and resources. But this app goes overboard and the bombardment of ads for something so useless is really just a pressure tactic to get you to commit to the subscription. I chose to delete the app instead. If they go to a more functional product with better ad spacing I might reinstall. If the monthly subscription was better priced I also might reconsider. But as it stands, this is an overpriced product at best, and the epitome of frustration due to constant interruptions at worst.
This is great for beginners
I had mentally kept a composition for my guitar in my head but when I knew that I could soon forget it, I decided to find an app...And I tried quite a few but this was the easiest to work with. I didn’t have to think twice about how to place a note because it felt so natural! I would totally recommend this to anyone who wants to compose their own songs for the guitar
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Song Zhang
- 182.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Zhang Song
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Access Monthly $9.99
- Unlimited Access $6.99
- Extras Package $14.99
- Guitar Instrument Group $0.99
- Bass Instrument Group $0.99
- Unlimited Access Yearly $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.