Detailed and easy-to-use offline maps. We have millions of points of interest (POI) on our maps. Record your GPS tracks and bookmark your favorite locations.
• Amazingly-detailed maps covering the entire world.
• Based on open data from OpenStreetMap project.
• Download once, then use offline without restriction.
• Maps updated monthly with most-recent fixes and additions.
• Turn-by-turn driving directions.
• Voice instructions while navigating available in nine languages.
• Routes for Driving/Cycling/Walking/Shortest Distance.
• Automatic rerouting gets you back along your way.
• Supports intermediate points on your itinerary.
• Record your trips even when the app is in the background.
• Monitor your real-time speed, distance, and time traveled, as well as altitude right on the map during the trip.
• Choose from seven solid track colors, or altitude and speed gradients.
• Incredibly fast – results appear instantly as you type.
• Search in a variety of ways – by address, object name, category, or even by GPS coordinates.
• Searches simultaneously in multiple languages, making searching easier than ever.
• Save favorite places on your map.
• Choose from a variety of map icons.
• Sync your data across multiple devices.
• Data saved on a server as a backup.
IMPORT AND EXPORT
• It's easy to export your tracks, bookmarks, or your whole travel collection as a KML or GPX file.
• Organized into collections for easy access.
• MBTiles and sqlitedb offline raster maps support.
• One-finger zooming.
• Trip computer with speed and altitude.
• Tracking mode.
• Coordinates and scale.
• Customize what objects are visible.
• 11 different map languages to choose from.
• Adjustable label size – large labels on maps are extremely useful while driving.
Going on vacation? Don't forget to download the map for your destination. Rome? Just 16Mb. Paris? Just 67Mb. Barcelona? 197Mb. Amsterdam? 261Mb. London? 283Mb. New York, Chicago, Florida, Las Vegas, Nevada, Seattle, San Francisco, California, USA? 500Mb in total.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
1. Powerful A->B->C routing
We have improved our routing feature and glad to roll-out the new multi-stop route planner.
Now you can:
* start the route from any point on the map
* add waypoints from search or directly from the map. The app allows you to plan a route up to 50 points including start and end point.
* reorder the waypoints
* optimize the route with two or more via locations by the shortest time
* save the route for future use: edit, or navigate it later, share with your friends.
* rewind between intermediate points
* drive ring routes with the same start and end point
2. Awesome Download Maps screen
It allows you:
* to download all sub-maps in the country at once
* to pause all downloads
* to see a downloading speed
* to see map and navigation data sizes on disk
* and most importantly share maps and navigation data between devices using AirDrop. It works even without WiFi or an Internet connection.
And many small, but useful features.
Thank you for using the app! And enjoy your adventures with Guru Maps.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app, I first downloaded it because of work and then I moved away where services can be even worse. The great part about this app is you can pre download the map for the area and it works offline which is ideal especially if you’re not wanting to use data or unable to. Being able to pin things to find them again is great and the pins have different categories which is perfect for me. Hands down better then the other maps for these reasons. Google maps has some offline capabilities but it seems to not be as accurate.
Essential tool for travelers
I have used it for several years. I live in the USA and travel a lot there and internationally, especially in China. Guru (Galileo) has never failed me. I never use google, and rarely use apple maps. My first look is always Guru. It even works to track your flight path when in airplane mode.
I walk around foreign cities and countryside, never worried about network connection. I tag my hotel, or friends home or bus/train station to maintain my orientation. If I find a great, tiny restaurant in an urban maze, tag it.
Just download or update maps before you go and all is well.
Saved my Marriage and also good for hunting
I am ADHD and never remember directions. There is a way my wife goes to her cabin that no GPS would ever make me follow. Instead I just used this to track the route once and now I know every turn.
Now I don’t need to wake her up on the ride home to ask her if this is where I turn or not ;)
Also great for mountain bike route tracking and I also use it to track me while hunting and then I make notes on whether that was a good location or not.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your kind words, Mountainbiker25. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us :)
- Evgen Bodunov
- 91.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Evgen Bodunov
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.