This app’s packed with features that put you in control and save you time. You can even use it to pay in cheques. We make your everyday banking extra easy and secure
Our Mobile Banking app can do everything you’d expect, maybe a little extra. And you can use it whenever and wherever you want. So you can crack on if you’re on the bus, at work, or simply can’t tear yourself away from the telly.
- Sign in quickly and securely with Touch ID, Face ID or a 3-character combination from your memorable information
- Swipe easily to see balances and statements
- You can now block or cancel subscriptions in the app, just search for “subscriptions” in the app to find out more
- View details of individual transactions
- Check money coming in and going out
- Receive notifications about payments and spending insights on your current account
- Make transfers and payments (it’s so easy)
- Manage your standing orders and view direct debits
- Pay your loan or credit card bill
- Pay in cheques
- Set up new payees or pay your phone contacts.
A FEW EXTRAS
- Earn as you spend with Cashback Extras
- Apply for loans, savings, cards and more
- Call us safely from the app – we’ll already know it’s you so can quickly connect you without the usual security checks.
- Freeze card transactions if you’ve temporarily misplaced your debit card or want to restrict how it’s used
- Report lost or stolen cards
- Order replacement cards and PINs
- Reset your Online Banking password
- Update the contact details we have for you.
New to this app? No problem. Just register your device and you’re ready to go. For this you’ll need:
- An up-to-date phone number registered with us
- Halifax UK personal account
- Online Banking username, password and memorable information (you can create these in the app).
KEEPING YOU SAFE ONLINE
We do all we can to protect you online. This includes preventing connections from the app on devices that we think have been tampered with. We also have an online banking guarantee: http://www.halifax.co.uk/aboutonline/security/
We won't contact you any more than normal if you use the app. But please stay alert to email, text messages or phone calls that appear to be from us. Criminals may try to trick you into giving them sensitive personal or account information. We'll never contact you to ask for these details. Any emails from us will always greet you personally using your title and surname and either the last 4 digits of your account number or the last part of your postcode '*** 1AB'. Any text messages we send you will come from Halifax .
Mobile Banking is available to our Online Banking customers with a UK personal account. Services may be affected by phone signal and functionality. Terms and conditions apply.
Please note that features requiring the use of your device’s phone capability, such as Call us, won’t work on iPads.
When you use this app we collect anonymous location data to help combat fraud, fix bugs and improve future services.
Touch ID requires at least iPhone 5s running iOS 10.0 or above or iPad (5th generation), iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, or iPad mini 3 (or later models). Face ID requires either iPhone X or later models, or iPad Pro with Face ID capability (2018 onwards).
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro, iPhone, Touch ID and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Cashback Extras is available to Halifax bank account customers (excluding Basic Account holders) aged 18+ with a debit/credit card who bank online. Terms and conditions apply.
Save the Change® is a registered trademark of Lloyds Bank plc and is used under licence by Bank of Scotland plc.
Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. This app and Mobile Banking are operated by Bank of Scotland plc (registered in Scotland (No. SC327000) Registered office: The Mound, Edinburgh, EH1 1YZ). Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
We’ve fixed some bugs and added security updates
We’re also working on new things for the app so watch this space for more updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Online is fine
Having lived in the USA for nearly two decades, I am still delighted to allow and entrust Halifax with my personal banking. My one criticism with banking online, however is the restrictions imposed to communicate with my bank. The virtual assistant is virtually useless. If I need to communicate with the bank, it nearly always involves an expensive transatlantic call. Today I waited for 30 minutes and was then on the call for 20. Please consider supplying an email address that I can use to send clear and relatively simple messages so that I don’t have that expensive wait time. Or give me a reverse-charge number!
Best banking app
I am so impressed at the improvements and ease. It’s like I thought I wish they could just xyz and they did the xyz and more. Thanks Halifax. Convenient and simple to use.
Login error even after reinstall.
With this latest update the app no longer loads and will hang on the first screen. It then crashes. I can still use the app on my iPhone but it wont work on the iPad any more… After a response from the developer, they suggested a reinstall and that worked one time. Now it gives a login error again. I can’t spend the time deleting the app, installing and verifying it every time I want to use it….
Other suggestions: I would add the ability to approve credit card purchases if they have been blocked. Instead of having to call and wait for a person.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble signing in to our app. We'll be releasing an update very soon to resolve this. ~ Emma
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 184.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011, Halifax
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.