The Halo clinical communication and collaboration platform simplifies communication, so clinicians can focus on care. One mobile (or web) application provides role based secure messaging, voice communication and critical alert notification along with on-call schedule management. Halo can also integrate with all hospital clinical systems to allow instant access to existing on-call schedules, critical and clinical teams, call center messages, critical lab results, and others. Regardless of your role or department, Halo allows you to communicate the right information to the right people in real-time.
Halo Key Features:
• Unlimited HIPAA-compliant secure messaging with automatic message status updates (Sent/Delivered/Read)
• Attach high-resolution photos, audio, video and documents
• Off-duty and auto-forward settings redirect critical messages when you’re unavailable
• User defined groups and organization defined distribution lists allow quick and efficient communication to multiple recipients
• Receive critical alerts from nurse call systems, PACS/labs, EHR’s and others directly on your mobile device
• Schedule management tool (admin only) creates real-time systemwide on-call schedules
• Role based communication allows you to contact who’s on-call and available right now to assist (individuals or teams) via secure text messaging or voice calls
• Can operate on all devices and platforms commonly found in healthcare systems – smartphones, dumbphones, pagers, workstations on wheels, desktop computers and more.
- Performance improvements to messaging functions
Ratings and Reviews
Doc halo is a great way to communicate with other clinicians. So nice not to have to worry about security of patient data. I would have given it 5 stars but it is not compatible with apple car play. In fact, when my phone is plugged in and in apple car play the app doesn’t even alert me if a message comes in. If this could be updated then this app would be perfect!
Buggy and slow
Has potential and I like the idea of being able to quickly answer a text instead of having to call someone... but I feel like it has been getting even more slow as of late. There’s often a delay between getting multiple messages, sometimes it does not even notify you, and sometimes there is a long delay sending a message. In addition it is missing a lot of typical functionality of texting apps, like if you search for a person it starts a whole new conversation instead of continuing your current conversation with them. For 2019 it could do way better.
Would love to see an Apple Watch version
This app works well for secure messaging. I would love to see an Apple Watch version. Today, I was out in a run (not on call) and started getting Halo notifications that I had a message waiting. I had to wait until I got home to pick up that message.
- Halo Communications
- 39.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2011-2019 Halo Communications, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.