Getting your hands dirty? With this app you can surf the web without touching the screen.
It's fantastic for reading recipes while you cook, following repair instructions with greasy hands, working out, putting on makeup, or catching up on news while you are doing household chores whilst wearing gloves.
This app has also proven useful to people with arthritis, or when fine movement is difficult or painful.
You use similar gestures to those you would use on a touch screen, so it feels natural right away. Watch the video here to see how it works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWI7b9NzQPc
Simply browse the web normally to the page you want, then put down or dock your device. You can now use upwards or downwards hand gestures in front of your phone to scroll the page vertically, or "swipe" sideways to move between your favorite pages.
• Hands-free Browser has been in the top utility 10 apps in many countries worldwide.
• Slick, fully functional web browser with vertical scrolling gesture support
• Optional "Hands-free Favorites" add-on lets you navigate through all your favorite pages by swiping, 100% hands-free!
• Bonus "Hands-free Favorites" feature: a "drop hand" gesture which you can assign to any browsing action you like! (iPhone only)
• Get similar gesture features on your iPhone/iPad to those found on some other latest brands of phones, right now!
• Integrated help and feedback tips to show you how the gestures work right away.
• Bookmark your favorite sites quickly and easily.
• Turn off the on-screen help, for advanced users.
• "Time spent waiting for load" meter. See how much of your life you are wasting while waiting for webpages to load!
• Prompt support from the developer, accessible from within the app. If you want a feature added or have some problems, the developer is happy to help.
This app uses the front-facing camera and computer vision algorithms. It works reliably under normal lighting conditions, from distances of 20cm up to 1 metre.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
I been looking
I've been looking for a gesture app, and this app is perfect for me.
The browser is poor and the single function of up and down grows old quickly. The music player is not fully functional. This feels like a really old program that needs a more functions UX programmer in order to make it more user friendly.
Very useless and unreliable!
This app seems useless and not even close to its name, the name is hand free but what I can do with it only moving page up and down?!! Maybe try adding a pointer as mouse or something to navigate the webs..
The developer, James Hudson, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- James Hudson
- 4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Danish, French, German
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Copyright (c)2013-2018 James Hudson
- In-App Purchases
- Hands-free Favorites $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.