Introducing the Happier app
Want to become happier, healthier, more productive, and more creative? The Happier app is a revolutionary habit-tracking tool that offers a range of personalized, practical strategies to support your aims and put happiness within reach. Research suggests that we repeat about 40% of our behavior almost daily, so if we change our habits, we can change our lives—starting today.
A happiness toolkit that’s tailored to you, to help you build habits to create the life you want. Tools include:
- Don’t Break the Chain
- Photo Log
- One-Sentence Journal
- Numbers Tracker
- Accountability Partners
Access to a library of helpful tips and hacks, insightful self-knowledge questions, and thought-provoking quotations to help you learn more about yourself and make progress toward your aims.
Spin the Wheel for fun daily challenges to get a quick boost of happiness, energy, or creativity.
How it Works:
1. Join the millions of people who have taken Gretchen Rubin’s Four Tendencies quiz to find out whether you’re an Obliger, Questioner, Upholder, or Rebel. This groundbreaking personality framework helps the app recommend the most effective tools for you.
2. With step-by-step guidance, choose an area where you’d like to be happier, and identify the concrete steps to help you achieve your aim. Track any habit, such as:
- Get to bed by 10pm every night
- Spend 10 minutes meditating daily
- Go for a 20-minute daily walk
- Read for 30 minutes before bed
- Turn off the internet for 2 hours every weekend
- Start a monthly podcast club
- Make your bed every morning
- Keep a daily journal
- Plan Friday date nights
- Donate monthly to a cause you care about
- Track spending for one month
- Play guitar for 30 minutes per day
3. Get personalized habit-tracking tools recommended for you based on your Tendency, or choose any tool to track your progress.
4. Track your progress, and continue to build more happiness habits. Even small steps make a big difference over time.
What makes this app different?
- Get personalized recommendations, not a one-size-fits-all solution—different tools work for different people.
- Have the flexibility to experiment with different tools.
- Track any habits you choose, rather than be limited to a single, app-specific aim.
More than just a habit tracker—explore a library of habit-formation tips and happiness-
- boosting insights to gain self-knowledge and strategies.
- Based on the work of renowned happiness and habit-formation expert Gretchen Rubin.
Minor bug fixes and optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
An App Packed with Happiness
I’ve been a huge Gretchen Rubin fan since reading The Happiness Project years ago. Love the podcast, avid listener! When she mentioned this app I knew I had to have it. Well done combining so much useful, but easy to digest material into such a pleasing format. I love that it’s customized to my tendency and provides snack size pieces of happiness whether in hacks or quotes. And of course like everyone else I love the wheel.
Also, an aside :) if you haven’t checked out her sister Elizabeth’s Fantasy Island show—do it! It’s magical too.
I’ve tried many habit apps before but have yet to find one I love. I was hoping this one would be it, but alas, it wasn’t meant to be. Some of my issues (and requests) are: you can’t go back and enter info for past days. For example, I did the number tracker to keep track of my steps. Well, I met my goal but forgot to enter it. Now, I can’t include it in my weekly statistics. Also, I’ve tried the wheel 3 different times and got the same exact challenge. For some reason I expected there to be way more challenges than just one correlated with each color, especially because you can spin 3 times a day. And I’m a sucker for quotes, but you don’t get a new one every day, you just get one that is pre posted on the app. Okay, I’m done complaining. I’ll keep using it and hope for updates.
Amazing app for accountability and a happier life!
I’ve been a big fan of Gretchen Rubin for so long and after hearing about this on her podcast, I downloaded it right away. It’s amazing. There’s so many different tools to keep anyone accountable. I struggle with sticking with good, healthy habits, and I know this will help me so much. I’ve only been using it for an hour or so but it’s so great. I recommend it 100%! Love Gretchen!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Keyboard, LLC
- 80.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Gretchen Rubin. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.