-- Harmonomics is an ear training tool for all musicians, from beginners to professionals --
The creator of the innovative metronome Metronomics has created an ear training app flexible enough to help YOUR ears, whether you are a beginner learning interval recognition or a professional who needs to recognize sequences of complex chords in inversions.
- 50+ exercises, from beginner to advanced
- Each exercise is customizable with exercise-specific settings
- Large chord library (over 35 chords, all of which come in different inversions)
- Creative exercises -- exercises that go beyond the usual interval, melody, and chord identification
- Detailed statistics for each exercise, plus the ability to send reports to a teacher
- Motivating "achievements" for accuracy, questions per day/week/month, etc
- and more!
- Chord Progression
- Perfect/Relative Pitch
Harmonomics has over 50 exercises (more coming in updates) that can each be heavily customized to fit the your individual needs, regardless of your level or the genre of music you are working on. Musicians interested in improving their recognition of chord types will be thrilled to explore Harmonomics' large library of chords (over 35 types), all of which can be played in different inversions. No other app offers such a wide variety of chords that can be played in so many different ways.
Statistics play a big role in Harmonomics. Each exercise keeps track of your accuracy, the number of questions answered, average time per question, and more, letting you review your progress and see when and how quickly you're improving. Harmonomics also awards "achievements" as you work, such as recognition of doing 1000 questions a month or 250 questions in a session, keeping you motivated to stay vigilant about your ear training work. If you're a student, you can choose to send reports of your stats to a teacher.
Most ear training apps offer a limited number of exercises, including simple interval identification, melodic dictation, and chord identification. Harmonomics has all of those as well as clever and practical variations, such as exercises that ask you which degree of a chord a certain note is or which inversion a chord is being played in. Plus, each exercise can be customized; for example, a chord identification exercise can be limited to just inverted dominant chords with alterations and made to play three chords in a row, all of which must be identified correctly. No other app offers that level of advanced exercise to meet the needs of professionals.
Start using Harmonomics today and start expanding what your ears can hear.
- Diatonic Major Melody
- Simultaneous Intervals
- Multiple Intervals
- Diatonic Notes to Key Center Relationship
- Root Movement of 7th Chords
- Harmonic Minor Modes
- Dominant Chords with Alterations
- Multiple Chords / Inversions
- Multiple Simultaneous Pitches
Maj7, min7b5, 7b9#11, Maj7#5, min11, 7sus4, 7#5#9, 7b5b9, min6/9, etc
- New exercise that includes modes from major, melodic minor, and harmonic minor scales.
- New option for a harmonic 'palate cleanser' between questions to keep your ears unbiased. On by default for Perfect Pitch exercises, but can be turned on for any exercise
- Bug fixes (3.1.x)
As I continue to iterate version 3, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any issues. Thanks for your support!
Fixes a bug where the "track statistics" preference wasn't being respected.
Should make battery usage more efficient.
Ironing out some small bugs in the new version.
The biggest update to Harmonomics ever! The best ear training app just got even more advanced...
Harmonomics has a number of new features to explore:
- New exercises, including a new "Theory" category
- A more interactive summary screen when you've finished an exercise
- In select exercises, tapping and holding an answer will display a notated version of the answer
- Tap the info bar at the bottom of an exercise to show even more real-time performance information
- Create your own exercises and easily share them with others, including the ability to see their performance
- More exercises!
- More achievements!
- More animations!
- Better graphs to tracks your stats, including rolling average lines
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve only been working with this for a day and can already report that, while there are some other helpful ear-training apps...and I have tried many this is hands-down the best one! The thoughtfulness, planning, organization, and intuitiveness that went into this is hugely impressive. It’s a serious app- not a toy. It literally can be used to train and help the very beginner to the experienced professional. Bravo!
The fact that the exercises are open -ended is great... meaning you simply end a session when you want rather than having the app choose a predetermined number of questions. You will need no other ear training apps. Just get this one if you are lucky enough to stumble on it.
My only complaint.. which isn’t really a complaint against the app itself is that for me it didn’t come up high enough when I did a simple search for “ear training” apps.. then I found it briefly and then accidentally closed out then searched through dozens of (far weaker) ear-training apps.. hoping it would appear on the “you may also like” lists. Thankfully I found it again after 20-39 min but this should be the first option to appear! Get it !!
The best ear training app available
This is the best ear training app I've found on the App Store. I started ear training about 6 months ago and I've purchased about 7 ear training apps. I've searched the App Store several times and for some reason I had never seen this one before. This one is the most comprehensive and includes many features I had been looking for, but haven't found in other apps.
The hands free mode is a must for me. For my work I do a lot of driving. The other hands free apps I've found are very limited with the options and I started to hit some plateaus.
Honestly, for the price this app is a steal. You'd have to buy several apps to get all the features of this one, and you'd still be missing some functionality.
Relative pitch, perfect pitch, chords, progressions, scales, so good
This app is the best for ear training. It should be a required app for amateur and professional musicians. I was just wanting an one octave relative pitch app. This is so much more even with perfect pitch. I like the awards as well. I’ve gotten 60% to 90% on one’s I’ve tried. I’ve just begun and didn’t think I had a very good ear. I love this app so much, thank you for making it. This app is a steal at this price.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.