Metronomics is not only a metronome, but a tool designed to help build a solid sense of time and rhythmic security. It's a new kind of metronome -- use Metronomics to generate random patterns, sequenced grooves, or a combination of both to help you practice with more than just your typical click track. Enough features to keep a professional busy for years or start a beginner on the right track.
The only metronome that gives you complete control over how subdivisions are played -- add subdivisions of any type (including custom subdivisions like 5/7) and have them played all the time, at random intervals, or in a sequenced pattern.
Now available across platforms for both iOS and macOS -- the most powerful metronome, available for all of your devices.
- Choose from 40 different samples for each subdivision
- Generate patterns using random or sequenced variations of different subdivisions
- Include built-in preset patterns such as claves or ride cymbal patterns
- Choose any number of beats per measure (with any denominator) you like or practice mixed meters such as 4/4 + 3/8 + 5/4 where the segments of the bar get accented automatically
- Use any type of subdivision. Common types like quarter notes, sixteenth notes, eighth triplets, etc, or create your own. 5/7, 23/4, no problem!
- Take a rhythm and use the "offset" feature to move it to different parts of the measure to practice with.
- Set the metronome to speed up or slow down by a given amount after a set number of measures
- Have Metronomics start with a count off
- Set the metronome to run for a certain amount of time
- Share saved metronomes back and forth with other Metronomics users
- Track your metronome usage. App shows how much you've practiced with it each day and total (optionally turn off time tracking)
- Train yourself with "independence" mode where you can set some bars to be inaudible -- keep the time going yourself until the click starts again
- Variable swing feel -- choose how much each subdivision swings
- Speech sounds for counting up to 10 that can be assigned to any subdivision (English language only)
- Play in the background
- Normalized sounds for good volume
- Manual (plus videos) describing how to use all the features and hints about how they might be useful
Pro subscription features:
- Wheel view that allows you to visualize the passage of subdivisions with geometric shapes
- Grid view that lets you easily sequence patterns on a grid much like a drum machine, but with the more-powerful features of Metronomics
- Inspector mode -- graph your own playing with microphone or MIDI input and see how you line up with the metronome
- iCloud sync -- sync your saved metronomes via iCloud drive
- MIDI output -- set subdivisions to send MIDI data to outside MIDI synths or use an on-board synthesizer
Within Metronomics, there is an option to upgrade to Metronomics Pro, which is an auto-renewing yearly subscription service. It enables the following features:
- Service: Metronomics Pro
- Time period: one year, auto-renewing subscription
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
New usage widgets
Choose colors for your subdivisions
With a pro subscription:
- Improved inspector view
- new grid view (think drum machine...)
- new wheel view
Now available as a universal iOS/macOS app
If you encounter issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and you'll get a response ASAP!
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use and feature rich! (and cowbell)
Metronomics has been a mainstay metronome for my practice sessions over the past 6 or 7 years. As it is designed by a practicing musician who is excellent at his craft, it is intuitive and fun to use. The app features sliders similar to physical metronomes, allowing for quick adjustments to rhythmic subdivisions. Tap tempo is as easy as tapping the tempo number. Time signatures of any type are easy to manipulate and add accents/subdivisions.
However, my favorite feature is the complete control of sounds. Want a bass drum on the downbeat and tambourine on the upbeat? Cowbell on downbeats with an occasional clave upbeat? These are just the beginning.
Download this fantastic app now and get to practicing!
Nothing Else Around
The Metronomics IOS app lets me take the functionality of Metronomics with me wherever I go. Before getting this app I had no idea that making complex rhythms could be this easy and efficient. And once they are constructed, I can practice them as much as I wish. This app has the functionality of a metronome but it is so much more than that. I highly recommend this to anyone in any stage of their musical journey.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the kind review!
Failed to give click after update
UPDATE: Kudos to Metronomics team, they fixed the problem as fast as Coltrane playing Giant Steps!!
I’m on a 5S with ios 12.4.1, and after updating the app, it just stopped working. The app opens up regularly yet when I tap on start nothing happens, no click. Demanding a fix to this.
Developer Response ,
Wow, I’m very sorry to hear this. Will you please email me at email@example.com so that we can try to resolve this? I’ll need your help to try to debug the issue.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- John Nastos
- 10.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15.5 or later.
- Age Rating
- © John Nastos 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Pro Subscription $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.