Harry's Dyno is a high precision performance measuring app. It utilizes GPS and OBD sensor input to recognize arbitrary speed ranges like 0-60 mph or 100-200 km/h. Both acceleration and deceleration testing is supported.
Results can be compared and analyzed in details. Using two-cursor mode, one can inspect subranges of data recorded (e.g. 80 to 120 km/h for a 0 to 200 km/h). Data is stored locally and can be filtered by speed range and vehicle used. It can be exported to various data formats too.
Provided the smartphone is mounted in a position with good GPS accuracy, the internal GPS can be used for measurements. For short speed ranges, high powered vehicles, and highest precision, either external GPS or OBD sensors can be connected. OBD adapters are actually preferable as speed changes are available instantly. We have an always up to date list of compatible accessories available here: www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/ios
For distance based performance testing (quarter mile etc), please use Harry's LapTimer currently. This mode will be added to Harry's Dyno as a free upgrade shortly.
For Harry's LapTimer users! Harry's LapTimer GrandPrix has received a free feature upgrade and includes Harry's Dyno functionality now: please follow LapTimer ‣ Race ‣ Performance to use the dyno mode. In case you have used Harry's LapTimer Petrolhead so far, you may either upgrade it to GrandPrix (LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Add-ons), or go for Harry's Dyno as a separate app.
Enjoy and let us know what you think! For questions, tipps & tricks, and support, please use our forum www.gps-laptimer-forum.de
This is our next major release. It is free for all existing users!
- Reworked all logging format importers (VBO, GPX, NMEA), added support for as-is imports (VBO, NMEA)
- Refactor all dialogs, fixed dead locks
- Fixed VEEPEAK OBD adapter recognition
- Fixed a bug in track set conflict resolving
- Modernized launch screen for late iOS versions
- Modernized various user interface areas for late iOS versions
- Changed OBD gauges in video overlays to appear if any lap has OBD, not only if all have it
- Added a health check for disconnected external sensors
- Fast speed range selection for Performance View
- Fixed delta display of temperatures when using Fahrenheit
- Added support for the airVentDisplay (BMW e46 m3 GNSS and engine adapter)
- Fixed crash when restoring a database
- Updated traditional Chinese translation
- Added build number to system information
- Massive refactoring in several areas
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Crashes immediately everytime
After the last update. The app crashes everytime immediately upon opening. This is on a ipad 7. So not like it's because it's on a outdated ipad.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Harald Schlangmann
- 47.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Harald Schlangmann
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.