HCL Connections (formally IBM Connections) is social software for your business. It enables you to build a network of colleagues and subject matter experts, and then leverage that network to further your business goals. You can discuss ideas, work collaboratively on presentations or proposals, share photos or files, plan and track project tasks, and much more. HCL Connections is a server product that is deployed on your company intranet or the IBM Connections Cloud. This HCL Connections mobile app extends access to that server for employees, like yourself, who are on the go directly from their iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. This app can also be securely managed by your company administrator through server side policies.
- Securely drop documents, presentations and photos to your colleagues with Files.
- Find experts in your organization and build a social network with Profiles.
- Join together with others to accomplish business goals thru Communities.
- Influence and share your expertise thru Blogs and Wikis.
- Get everyone on the same page using Bookmarks.
- Track your project progress to success with Activities.
- Share news, links and status across your network at any time.
- View and print documents, presentations, and spreadsheets over AirPrint
In order to access your company Connections server, you will need a userid and password along with the URL address of the server. The app will prompt you for this information.
If you are an end user and experiencing a problem, please contact your company IT help desk. If you are a Connections administrator experiencing a problem, please open a case at the HCL customer support site. In addition to rating the app here at the App Store, you can tell us what we have done right or what we can do better by emailing HCL mobile software engineering directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Fixed an issue where toggling to list view in Files caused the items to disappear
- Fixed an issue where strikethrough text created on the desktop was not rendered properly on iOS
- Fixed various issues with the application's responsiveness when navigating to a blog entry's information page
- Fixed an issue with blog post title validation
- Other updates and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Handy for Cloud Access to many file types
For the most part, I'm enjoying this app for access to both SmartCloud and private Connections servers. It is easy to switch between accounts and navigate most Community and/or File content.
I have one specific bug to report for v4.6.1: audio is not heard when playing .MOV files. In prior versions, launching a .MOV file played both audio and video in sync. Something seems to be recently broken?
In our situation, the .MOV files are the result of IBM SmartCloud Meetings Recordings.
Keeping me engaged with my team WW
HCL Connections keeps me engaged with my team no matter where we’re working. Kudos to the design team - loving the new logo and keep those new features coming!
Connections enables me to connect with remote team members as if we are all in the same location. It makes file sharing and joint collaboration painless.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HCL America
- 168.4 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright HCL Technologies Limited 2011, 2023