Hertfordshire Care Providers Association (HCPA) has launched the StopFalls Campaign, fully funded by Hertfordshire County Council (HCC), with the aim of reducing falls across the county with the use of exercises, assessments and prevention techniques. In this application you will find exercise ideas, falls risk factors and assessments on falls risks.
The StopFalls app has been updated with all new resources and guidance keeping you up-to-date with best practices and legislations around intervening and preventing falls in those more vulnerable, through useful assessments, post-fall techniques, and updated exercise videos.
Notable updates are:
• Updates to all resources
• The newly added 'PRISMA' Frailty Assessment tool is a 7 item questionnaire to identify frailty in a person
• The newly added 'Timed-Up-and-Go' resource to determine a person's falls risk from sitting to standing, walking and balance
• All new exercise videos to help app users to follow the correct movements for both standing, and chair-based exercises
• Brand new 'Intervention' section which gives you access to the 'Urgent Falls Checklist' which can be used as a guideline used by the East of England Ambulance service on how to best respond to a fall
• The Intervention section also includes resources on how to help a person get up safely from a fall on their front, and from someone who has fallen onto their back
• The Intervention section gives users access to the 'SBAR Communication Tool', to support your service and staff to assess a situation or symptom and who to contact at the correct health service
• Added a new 'Risk Factor': 'UTI's and Delirium'
• Made overall improvements to reduce the size of the App
- Hertfordshire Care Providers Association Ltd.
- 100.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Hertfordshire Care Providers Association 2020
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.