Watch, pause, and record Live TV with your HDHomeRun and HDHomeRun iOS app.
This app requires iOS 11 or newer.
* This app requires an HDHomeRun tuner present on your local area network
* Update to the latest release
The HDHomeRun app requires an HDHomeRun tuner to watch Live TV on your iPad, iPhone, or iPad Touch.
• Compatible HDHomeRun device:
HDHomeRun CONNECT, EXTEND, EXPAND, or PRIME
Legacy model HDHomeRuns like the DUAL will support Live TV streaming; however, DVR is not supported.
• Reliable high speed Wi-Fi network
• iOS 11 or newer
• Live TV (cable TV and over-the-air) viewing on your iPhone or iPad
• Pause/FF/RW support to live TV. DVR not required to use this feature.
• Supports HD channels
• Cable TV and OTA.
• No external player needed
• Fast Channel changes
• Intuitive UI and OSD to control closed caption, audio tracks, and zoom with a single tap
• What’s on now and what’s on next guide data
• Program images, show cards, and channel logos
• Program progress bar
• Consolidated list of channels (for user with both Cable and ATSC tuners).
• Does NOT require an always on computer
• Full 14 day guide data for DVR users / Non-DVR users get 24 hour guide data
* Guide data and images are officially licensed by Gracenote
* The HDHomeRun app does not work outside of your home network. Your iPhone or iPad must be connected to the same local network as your HDHomeRun tuner.
For questions, concerns, bug reports, and feature requests, contact us on via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on the HDHomeRun forums: www.silicondust.com/forum
A/V Sync fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A great start...Way more to come!
This little box and a flat antenna is all you need to start your “Cut the cord” journey. Amazingly enough... it just works! Ya plug it in, hook up a antenna and the network cable (you still must have internet)...BAMM! It’s working. No crazy setup and confusion...But, like all new things, it still needs work on the GUI and compatibility with all the platforms integrations. (Like Apple TV, there’s a app you use, but it’s far from perfectly glorious)Not everyone wants you to have free TV when they are selling monthly subscriptions. I will say, it has only gotten better and better over time...both hardware and software wise via free OTA updates..I have tried ALL the main ones and this is by far the simplest way to get your local TV fast and easy while still having on screen menus,DVR functions, and the technology your used to having.
A Good Start
The most glaring shortcoming is the interface. I find it to be confusing and unintuitive especially compared to Channels or Plex (which aren't free). The app is pretty zippy with the delay between switching channels taking maybe 2 seconds. Interface shortcomings aside, I also like that I can browse channels while watching a program, which is something lacking in other apps.
It would be nice if users could disable channels that don't work, or create a favorites list. It would also be nice to see a grid schedule similar to what's found on pretty much every TV interface device since TV Guide.
I guess the most compelling reason to download HDHomeRun over something like Channels, is that it's free. It's not a bad app at all, and if I had not already bought Channels, I'd be content with this.
Not bad at all.
I haven't watched TV since 2002. I got the antenna and HDHomeRun device for my mother, helped her cut the chord. Nice not having a cable TV bill. This is a great idea and a worthy investment. I find it astounding that AppleTV doesn't have a built in tuner and OTA HD antenna port. So SiliconDust took responsibility, and I, for one, appreciate it.
I realize SiliconDust is support the same app across multiple platforms. I appreciate that there is a version for iPadOS, and that it was updated as recently as a month ago. But the app stands out from other iPadOS/iOS video apps in that it has no picture in picture mode, and that there is no presence in settings. It is almost a crime for the HDHomeRun app to monopolize an iPad when running, so here's a vote for those things.
- SiliconDust USA Inc
- 14.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Silicondust Inc. Guide data and images officially licensed by Gracenote. HDHomeRun and the green logo are registered trademarks of Silicondust Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.