Watch, pause, and record Live TV with your HDHomeRun and HDHomeRun iOS app.
This app requires iOS 11 or newer.
* This app requires an HDHomeRun tuner present on your local area network
* Update to the latest release
The HDHomeRun app requires an HDHomeRun tuner to watch Live TV on your iPad, iPhone, or iPad Touch.
• Compatible HDHomeRun device:
HDHomeRun CONNECT, EXTEND, EXPAND, or PRIME
Legacy model HDHomeRuns like the DUAL will support Live TV streaming; however, DVR is not supported.
• Reliable high speed Wi-Fi network
• iOS 11 or newer
• Live TV (cable TV and over-the-air) viewing on your iPhone or iPad
• Pause/FF/RW support to live TV. DVR not required to use this feature.
• Supports HD channels
• Cable TV and OTA.
• No external player needed
• Fast Channel changes
• Intuitive UI and OSD to control closed caption, audio tracks, and zoom with a single tap
• What’s on now and what’s on next guide data
• Program images, show cards, and channel logos
• Program progress bar
• Consolidated list of channels (for user with both Cable and ATSC tuners).
• Does NOT require an always on computer
• Full 14 day guide data for DVR users / Non-DVR users get 24 hour guide data
* Guide data and images are officially licensed by Gracenote
* The HDHomeRun app does not work outside of your home network. Your iPhone or iPad must be connected to the same local network as your HDHomeRun tuner.
For questions, concerns, bug reports, and feature requests, contact us on via email email@example.com or on the HDHomeRun forums: www.silicondust.com/forum
multichannel audio fix
Ratings and Reviews
A great start...Way more to come!
This little box and a flat antenna is all you need to start your “Cut the cord” journey. Amazingly enough... it just works! Ya plug it in, hook up a antenna and the network cable (you still must have internet)...BAMM! It’s working. No crazy setup and confusion...But, like all new things, it still needs work on the GUI and compatibility with all the platforms integrations. (Like Apple TV, there’s a app you use, but it’s far from perfectly glorious)Not everyone wants you to have free TV when they are selling monthly subscriptions. I will say, it has only gotten better and better over time...both hardware and software wise via free OTA updates..I have tried ALL the main ones and this is by far the simplest way to get your local TV fast and easy while still having on screen menus,DVR functions, and the technology your used to having.
I’ve been using HD Prime for many years now. And when this App became available for the AppleTV, I was extremely excited. The application for the iPhone and iPad has always been a pretty good alternative to using the FIOS app. And being able to use the App on the AppleTV instead of mirroring my phone was very appealing. Unfortunately, the user experience is pretty poor. If you use HomePods as speakers with the AppleTV, the quality of sound coming from them while watching HD Homerun is awful. Either all the sound comes from one speaker in a stereo setup, or the sound completely cuts out and you have to exit from the app and reopen it to regain sound. Additionally, it does not support using a temporary external speaker. And the channel guide doesn’t update unless you exit out and go back into the app.
Bottom line, save yourself the frustration of using this application unless you only intend to use it on an iPhone or iPad.
Developer Response ,
Please install the latest app release (20210719) - we have extended the range of speaker configurations supported by the HDHomeRun App. Nick - Silicondust
A Good Start
The most glaring shortcoming is the interface. I find it to be confusing and unintuitive especially compared to Channels or Plex (which aren't free). The app is pretty zippy with the delay between switching channels taking maybe 2 seconds. Interface shortcomings aside, I also like that I can browse channels while watching a program, which is something lacking in other apps.
It would be nice if users could disable channels that don't work, or create a favorites list. It would also be nice to see a grid schedule similar to what's found on pretty much every TV interface device since TV Guide.
I guess the most compelling reason to download HDHomeRun over something like Channels, is that it's free. It's not a bad app at all, and if I had not already bought Channels, I'd be content with this.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SiliconDust USA Inc
- 15.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2021 Silicondust Inc. Guide data and images officially licensed by Gracenote. HDHomeRun and the green logo are registered trademarks of Silicondust Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.