Headspace is iOS's coolest mind-mapping app!
"Love the program. Favorite app. Useful and looks great. "
"The implementation is beautiful! In my opinion, Headspace is becoming one of the best apps in the store."
"I bought Headspace last night on a whim - been fooling around with mindmapping apps lately. This is a little piece of brilliance, you know that, right? "
"This app could not just be a mindmapping program,
It has the capability to become a new kind of U.I. That in my opinion that improved over apples U.I."
Hey, man. Get all up inside your own head with HEADSPACE LITE, the 'lite' version of Flat Black Films' revolutionary 3D mind-mapping application for iphone!
Big ideas, great thoughts, even boring to-do lists are more fun when they're in THREE DIMENSIONS. Create groups of related thoughts and position them in space. Rotate, pan, and zoom your view with finger gestures. Go all David Lynch and get DEEP with yourself.
Create hierarchical lists of items -- children of children of children -- and doubletap to 'stack' them in space. Change their color and translucency. Connect related items with 'link' lines. It's heavy.
This is the free version of the full app "Headspace". This version limits you to one "space", and you cannot export/import files.
Headspace Lite shares these cool features with the full version:
- pan view with one finger
- hold finger to slowly zoom in towards touch point
- add links and travel between them using the 'link balls'
- optional detailed notes for each item (text/URL/photo)
- search function (items, notes, and files)
- sample file
- copy and paste items
- customize colors and rearrange palette
- drag group name to move group
- triple-tap to 'send' an item to another group
- optionally disable accelerometer tilt
- tap empty space to pre-specify new group placement
- YouTube video demonstration
- support for European characters like umlauts and the like
If you end up liking it, please get the full version!
Let me know what else you'd like to see added, email email@example.com.
- fix for color-inheritance bug between parent-child items
Ratings and Reviews
Interesting concept but poor implementation
The concept is interesting ... to map in 3-D. I find the implementation here however is too cumbersome.
- Glaring colors on a black background. Yes, this can be changed by the user to a point. Why is it this way in the first place? I want to see my content not eye-candy.
- Spinning arrows and panning arrows and side popouts and other event signs are in many cases more distracting than useful.
- Dialog boxes at ever corner. Even the preference settings do not tell you what they change without a toggle to a dialog box.
- Data input or change requires too many unintuitive taps. Why can't I just double tap on the background to add a new idea? Why can't I just touch a link to modify or delete it?
Fun though this app may be, and groundbreaking though the idea may be, I could not do a mind map quickly enough without distractions and frustrations. I'll stay with a flat 2-D space for the real mind map work.
This app is the only reason to buy an i-phone
This app is amazing. The interface is a bit difficult at first to get used to, and yes even you should read the directions that come with it. Just to understand the interface. Once you understand the interface this is the best app ever for: to do lists, note taking, planning, etc. It is close to what mind maps have always needed to be.
Once you understand what you are doing when you move your fingers on the screen, and how to create a mind map with this software, you will be a lot more productive.
This is the best app on the whole I-phone app store.
I really am not a big I-phone fan. The I-phone even with paid apps does not compare to what my 10+ year old palm TX did out of the box. However this app is the only app that exceeds what my palm TX can do.
I regretted the decision to by the i-phone, it is a very expensive, very fragile phone with proprietary hardware, proprietary software, that did NOTHING well out of the box, but had thousands of apps that don't work for $2.00 each. Then I installed the light version of headspace after an hour of using it I bought the full version. If all the i-phone did was run this app, it would be worth the cost of the phone…
Oh and it does easily link with either your PC, Mac, Or Linux by installing Freemind GNU freeware on each of them.
GREAT APP! GREAT JOB!!!!
Can't wait for the updates!!!!
Easy and precise
I downloaded a bunch of other free mindmappers when I downloaded this one, and by now this app was the only one left standing; I'm ready to upgrade to the paid version, because I want to export the data.
The bubbles don't go crazy as soon as you touch them, like others do, its easy to link ideas, and group them, plus the note feature lets you add detail but not overpower the general design of your ideas.
The only thing that's a bit tricky is getting the hang of the 3D effects and the way the map moves when you pinch it around, but its fun to play around with that, and you can always go back to a stablized view with one click. The layout also looks very polished.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.