Research has shown that prolonged sitting in front of a computer not only damages health, but also decreases productivity. As many of us work from home nowadays, it becomes even more difficult to stay fit. Healthier helps you to tackle these issues.
Healthier periodically reminds you to take a break off your computer, and suggests HealthierTips, which are our hand-picked, office-suitable exercises for both eyes and body that you can follow during the breaks.
REVIEWS AND AWARDS
• Featured worldwide by Apple in "New Year, New You"
• MacWorld (4/5): "Healthier is simple, and does its job well"
• "Just what I was looking for" @mandymoo1961
• "Making a big difference already" @Sam Randall
• "Well worth it, and cheaper than a massage" @Skyeberg
Simple and intuitive
• Beautiful, modern design that fits right into macOS 11 Big Sur.
• All important functionalities are one click away.
• An animated menu bar icon always shows how much time is left to work.
• Optimized for Dark Mode and Retina displays.
• Runs natively on Macs with Apple Silicons, including the amazing M1 chip.
• HealthierTips: 14 office-suitable exercises for both eyes and body that you can follow during the breaks.
• Alternatively, 50 hand-picked quotes to keep you motivated.
• SmartRescheduling: automatically knows when you are away, then magically restarts the timer when you are back.
• Plays sound alert after break, so you will get notified even when away from computer.
• Supports multiple displays beautifully.
Start getting healthier today!
If you have any PROBLEMS with Healthier, please contact us at SUPPORT@LESSAPPS.NET ;)
Healthier 3.1 added highly-requested customisation options, they can be found in Preferences:
• Added option to Enforce Breaks, the "Back to Work" button becomes hidden when this option is enabled.
• The timing of the reminder notification can now be customised. It can now appear closer to or further away from the upcoming break, to better fit your work style.
Healthier 3.0 is a major update that brings about a redesigned UI for macOS 11 Big Sur, Dark Mode support, as well as native support for Apple Silicon Macs.
We appreciate your continued support and valuable feedback!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The most polished timer app
I would give it 5 stars if I was able to display the time in the top bar. The circle filling up is hard to glance at.
What I love:
- the break screens are brilliant, and they legit get me to stand up and look away from the screen (this is a rare feature among timer apps)
- it's easy to click one button and accomplish most of what I typically would want to do (I hate the apps with clunky interfaces and needless complexity)
- the slider input for the work and break times allow me to customize the app to exactly how I want to work (I hate the apps that use dropdowns and force you to specific times)
Best I’ve Found
I spent the past week experiementing with a bunch of “break reminder” apps for OS X (including Time Out, Awareness, Recess, and Breaktime). I wanted something affordable and simple that would remind to take a break every X number of minutes, that was unobtrusive, that would autolaunch at login, that would display status in the menu bar, and allow me to over-ride things if need be. This app was the winner for me. Its working perfectly for needed reminders to get up and move around. As they say, “sitting is the new smoking.” Highly Recommended!
Very Helpful App
This app is very helpful in reminding me to break away from the computer. My only issue is that there are not enough break sound samples to choose from. I am not fond of the glass breaking sound nor the "clown" sound but would like more sounds added to notifiy me it's time to work again.
My other request is to make this for the iPhone and iPad as I have caught myself numerous times with tired eyes just looking at posts and email and this app would definitely come in handy in those areas.
Although I am not allowed to have this app at work, it did prompt me to use a timer to get up every 15 minutes and rest for 3 minutes. Some of my office mates have caught on to that idea and joined me in getting away from their computers. But, that would not have been thought about if I didn't have this app. Great job!
I do love the tips. Could more be added?
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shuo Yang
- 11.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2021 LessApps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.