Research has shown that prolonged sitting in front of a computer not only damages health, but also decreases productivity. As many of us work from home nowadays, it becomes even more difficult to stay fit. Healthier helps you to tackle these issues.
Healthier periodically reminds you to take a break off your computer, and suggests HealthierTips, which are our hand-picked, office-suitable exercises for both eyes and body that you can follow during the breaks.
REVIEWS AND AWARDS
• Featured worldwide by Apple in "New Year, New You"
• MacWorld (4/5): "Healthier is simple, and does its job well"
• "Just what I was looking for" @mandymoo1961
• "Making a big difference already" @Sam Randall
• "Well worth it, and cheaper than a massage" @Skyeberg
Simple and intuitive
• Beautiful, modern design that fits right into macOS 11 Big Sur.
• All important functionalities are one click away.
• An animated menu bar icon always shows how much time is left to work.
• Optimized for Dark Mode and Retina displays.
• Runs natively on Macs with Apple Silicons, including the amazing M1 chip.
• HealthierTips: 14 office-suitable exercises for both eyes and body that you can follow during the breaks.
• Alternatively, 50 hand-picked quotes to keep you motivated.
• SmartRescheduling: automatically knows when you are away, then magically restarts the timer when you are back.
• Plays sound alert after break, so you will get notified even when away from computer.
• Supports multiple displays beautifully.
Start getting healthier today!
If you have any PROBLEMS with Healthier, please contact us at SUPPORT@LESSAPPS.NET ;)
Healthier 3.1 added highly-requested customisation options, they can be found in Preferences:
• Added option to Enforce Breaks, the "Back to Work" button becomes hidden when this option is enabled.
• The timing of the reminder notification can now be customised. It can now appear closer to or further away from the upcoming break, to better fit your work style.
Healthier 3.0 is a major update that brings about a redesigned UI for macOS 11 Big Sur, Dark Mode support, as well as native support for Apple Silicon Macs.
We appreciate your continued support and valuable feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
The most polished timer app
I would give it 5 stars if I was able to display the time in the top bar. The circle filling up is hard to glance at.
What I love:
- the break screens are brilliant, and they legit get me to stand up and look away from the screen (this is a rare feature among timer apps)
- it's easy to click one button and accomplish most of what I typically would want to do (I hate the apps with clunky interfaces and needless complexity)
- the slider input for the work and break times allow me to customize the app to exactly how I want to work (I hate the apps that use dropdowns and force you to specific times)
If you care about your health, get this
I've used this app for years. I have found Healthier to be invaluable for my health and sanity. Anyone who works all day long on computers knows how unhealthy it is to sit for long periods of time staring at a computer screen. Your eyes, joints, posture, muscle tone, etc. all take quite a hit if you're not careful. This app will help you take breaks that you NEED whether you want to or not. (And, if you are desperate to keep working and need to skip the break, it's very easy to just bypass any break that comes up.) You can configure it to behave how you want. Do you want to work in 1 hour increments? Take longer breaks? You can do that. It's a simple, but highly effective app. Highly recommended.
Best I’ve Found
I spent the past week experiementing with a bunch of “break reminder” apps for OS X (including Time Out, Awareness, Recess, and Breaktime). I wanted something affordable and simple that would remind to take a break every X number of minutes, that was unobtrusive, that would autolaunch at login, that would display status in the menu bar, and allow me to over-ride things if need be. This app was the winner for me. Its working perfectly for needed reminders to get up and move around. As they say, “sitting is the new smoking.” Highly Recommended!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shuo Yang
- 11.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2021 LessApps
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.