Hi, we're Jonas, Trevor, and Dan, the crew behind Hello Weather. There are a million weather apps out there, and they're all overloaded with ugly ads, confusing interfaces, and stupid gimmicks. We think that stinks, so we made the antidote—a straightforward, no-nonsense app that’s a joy to use.
Five reasons why you’ll love planning your day with Hello Weather...
1. All the info you need is right in your face.
Our gorgeous, information-rich design shows you everything that matters in one simple screen. You’ll see the current conditions and future forecast in an instant.
2. You won’t waste time looking at useless stuff.
Hello Weather intelligently adapts to changing conditions. When it's stormy, you’ll see all the relevant details right upfront. When conditions improve, it’s all tucked neatly out of the way again.
3. You’ll get predictions you can trust.
Hello Weather is more than a pretty face. It’s powered by the world’s best data sources: Dark Sky, AccuWeather, ClimaCell, The Weather Company, and AerisWeather. Pick the provider that's best in your area, or switch back and forth to compare. (Upgrade required.)
4. You don’t need to be a weather expert.
What does barometric pressure mean? Is the dewpoint good or bad? We translated those esoteric stats into human words, so you’ll know how it really feels outside.
5. It’ll make you smile.
We filled the app with tons of thoughtful little touches to brighten your day. You’ll love the beautiful color themes, automatic night mode, and sweet secret extras.
And that's not all…
• Radar’s built right in.
When a storm's a-brewin', we've got your back! Our powerful radar tab shows you exactly what's headed your way. (Available in the US, UK, Europe, Canada, Japan, and Australia.)
• Apple Watch app, complications, and widgets too!
See the same great forecasts at a quick glance on your wrist or Today screen.
• Made with care by a tiny indie company.
We pour a lot of love into our app, and we take great care of our customers. We're always just an email or tweet away!
Here's what the experts say:
"An easy, straightforward weather app that shows you just what you need to know."
"Hello Weather strips it down to the essence."
"Very smart, with a clean layout and readable graphs. It eschews complexity without limiting information."
"Well designed and clearly made with love, with lots of delightful little details throughout.
— Tools and Toys"
Hello Weather's FREE forever and it’s only $8.99/year for the Pro stuff.
• No ads or gimmicks!
• Simple and easy to read forecasts.
• Automatic color themes (cold, warm, hot) and dark mode.
• Unlimited saved locations.
• Powered by Dark Sky.
• Weather units customization, including simultaneous Fahrenheit & Celsius mode.
Upgrade for our pro features and you'll get:
• Radar (US, UK, Europe, Canada, Japan, & Australia only)
• Apple Watch app and complications
• More data sources: Dark Sky, Accuweather, AerisWeather, or The Weather Company
• Air quality and Pollen info (only available with certain data sources, pollen is US only.)
• Real-time precipitation estimates (US, UK, & Ireland only)
• Forecast customization and smart bonus info, with extra details for hourly precipitation rate, wind, UV, visibility, and Feels Like temperatures.
• Theme controls
• Custom Home Screen icons
• Other secret stuff!
ONE MORE THING!
For full info, check out our detailed privacy info and terms of service:
Thanks so much for trying Hello Weather! We hope you like it.
Quick update to fix a few issues with our new ClimaCell source:
• Fixed the wrong label being shown in the Settings screen when ClimaCell was selected.
• Fixed a glitch with the Today widget during the day. It was caused by missing UV index info that isn't supported by ClimaCell yet, so for now just switch to another source for all your suntanning needs.
• Fixed some buggery with pollen on the Apple Watch, so you Watch folks may now resume your well-informed sneezing.
• Fixed showing the correct barometric pressure values. Now it's back to pushing down on me, pushing down on you, people on streets, etc
Thanks for bearing with us through those bugs, things should be sailing smoother from here on out!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Beautiful and simple yet info-rich
Everything I ever wanted in a weather app! It has the accurate weather forecasts of Dark Sky, but is much more readable and beautiful. The color-coded infographics make it easy to check the weather at a glance. Best of all there are no intrusive ads. Even if you choose not to pay for the subscription, there is just one simple, non-distracting banner encouraging you to get an annual sub for full features. I was disappointed that the Apple Watch companion was hidden behind a pay wall, but I was so impressed by the iPhone app that I went ahead and subscribed for a year. In my opinion this is the best weather app on the market, but I can’t help but mention that I feel although the $6.99 annual pricing is manageable, it feels rather steep compared to other weather apps. The inclusion of multiple data sources is a really nice feature but I could live with a few less sources if the annual sub was a few dollars cheaper or if it was a flat one-time fee. All-in-all I am incredibly impressed with these devs. Keep up the great work!
Is it worth buying? ABSOLUTELY
Let me start by mentioning things that we buy everyday that cost more than $4.99. A chipotle bowl with guacamole costs around $9, a chick fil a 4 chicken strip meal cost about $7, 1/2 a sandwich with soup cost around $6 at Panera and 3 scoops of ice cream anywhere cost around $5. For none of the above you think twice if you are going to buy it right? Once you are in line, what do you do? Pay for it. So if you are reading this is because you are interested in this amazing app so let me tell you it is worth investing in it.
So I already justified the $4.99. Now let’s move to the why? First, this app offers 5 different sources for weather information in a single app. If you wanted those sources, individually it would be over $15. Second, you can customize the color presentation of not even the app itself but even the logo. Third, it gives the information that is necessary for the average human being. A lot of apps do offer more info on the main screen but let’s be real here...does anyone care about anything else besides when is it going to rain/snow, what is the temperature and how windy it’s going to be? Nope. I am not saying this are the only things the app offers but you trying to keep things in perspective. Bottom line, give it a try.
- from someone that spent over $25 dollars already trying to look for the perfect weather app.
FYI - this is the second review I have ever done on a app so that just says how happy I am with it.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your wonderful review! Glad you’re digging the app 😁
Great concept, needs improvement
I WANT to love this app- the simplicity and appealing design is eye-pleasing and easy to use and navigate through. On the other hand, $7/year just to have access to the radar is a little ridiculous. I understand that there are no ads so you have to make your money somehow, but that’s just too pricey in my opinion when I can have easy access to the weather radar on another app. Also, the accuracy of predicted weather, even an hour from now, is annoyingly inaccurate. Numerous of times I have prepared for a 100% sunny day due to the apps weather prediction for the day, then it happens to monsoon at an inconvenient time while I have no rain jacket nor umbrella (because who needs those things when the sun should be shining all day?).. my point is, its unreliable to the point where I have to double check on another app to be sure that the weather is predicted accurately.
Other than that, I love the idea of this app, the nice widget option, and I really like how the weather is given to you in simple layman’s terms. I’d buy the app if it were cheaper and once it improves a bit.
- Electric Dream Machine Inc.
- 36.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Electric Dream Machine Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Hello Weather Pro Yearly $8.99
- Hello Weather Pro Monthly $0.99
- Hello Weather Pro Lifetime $44.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.