HelloTalk, the 1st global language and culture exchange community, connects you with native speakers of other languages (English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Arabic, and 100 more), for FREE!
1. Search for people whose needs match yours
2. Practice your target language with native speakers via text/audio messages
3. Free audio and video call to better practice your listening and speaking skills
4. Share moments with other members and get Likes and Comments
5. Learning specific features: Translation, Transliteration, Grammar correction, Text to voice, and Voice recognition to improve your writing/speaking skills
6. It’s not curriculum based, it’s communication based. You have no homework. Instead, you’re having fun while learning
*****IMMERSE YOURSELF IN ANOTHER CULTURE*****
When you learn a language with real people, you will learn more than just a language. You'll be exposed to a different culture, and a new way of seeing the world.
In HelloTalk, you get connected with real people who might be your “penpals” that can help you with your Japanese grammar/accent, explain Chinese culture to you, be your travel buddy in France, and even be your friends in the country you expat in.
It helps you overcome language barriers, see the cultural diversity, and prepare for culture shock before you travel/study/expat in a foreign culture.
With millions of members in the app, it would be easy for you to find partners to chat with, in any languages. Especially if you’re looking for:
- Chinese speakers
- Korean speakers
- Spanish speakers
- Japanese speakers
- French speakers
- German speakers
- Portuguese speakers
- Arabic speakers
- Turkish speakers
- Russian speakers
- Italian speakers
Languages available to learn in HelloTalk:
English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Arabic, Afrikaans, Albanian, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, Galician, Georgian, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Javanese, Kannada, Khmer, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Punjabi, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Swahili, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
Download your free copy today and connect with millions of members from around the globe in the app!
Auto Renewable Subscription Terms:
- Monthly subscription for US$2.99
- Yearly subscription for US$21.99
- Monthly subscription (with a 7-day free trial) for US$2.99
- Yearly subscription (with a 30-day free trial) for US$21.99
The price corresponds to the same price segment, which are set in the "Apple's App Store Matrix" for other currencies.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
* Accounts will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and will identify the cost of the renewal.
* Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
* Terms of Service: http://www.hellotalk.com/terms-of-service
1. Added a new feature 'WAVE' to start conversations more easily.
2. Optimized chat partner info card to show personal information before chatting.
3. 'My Turn to Reply' is back!
Come to HelloTalk and experience our new functions right now!
Ratings and Reviews
I love it no complaint it’s not anything bad but I would like some help because I had this app a while ago and I deleted because I wanted to get another app and then now I remembered about it so I installed it and tried signing in but I couldn’t because I didn’t remember the password , so I decided to create another one ... I tried and it said that you can only make one account on each device . So the problem with that is that I don’t know how to make a new email to use , so I want to ask if you could help me get rid of the other account with my email so I could create the new one , or help me find my password because I tried the thing that said “ forgot password?” , Or something like that and it wouldn’t send me an email ( now that I realize maybe it is because I don’t have the mail app ) and said that it was non registered . So that’s it it is a great app overall .
Ok so I downloaded the mail app and it still didn’t work which I know feel like I was being dum about that so my only thug is that if you could erase my previous account. But I am blaming myself because I don’t remember it and apparently my only email doesn’t work .
I have used this app for over two years now. I think this app is a great idea, and overall implemented very well. I use Hellotalk to practice Japanese, and find that overall people are courteous and honestly want to learn. I quite like the Moments function, and in my experience people use it to share pictures of where they live, or ask many people for language corrections, which is great. Now, there are many superfluous posts like “ Please teach me English!!!”, but I think it is a small price to pay. I do wish that Moments allowed for video posting, though. Many times there are short clips of concerts or scenery that I would love to share with people.
As for sexual harassment, whenever it has happened, it is generally handled quickly in my experience. However, I do know of a few notorious people that keep rejoining the app despite being blocked many times. There is not much that can be done for those people, but hopefully they will learn someday. There are some people that are more interested in finding a foreign girlfriend/ boyfriend, but it is easy to find these people and kindly decline or misdirect them.
I have had this issue on an off, but sometimes my app will show unread messages, but I cannot see them. Before I would have to delete and redownload to fix it, but as of today when it did it I was able to fix it by closing and reopening the app. It isn’t a huge inconvenience, but a bit annoying at times.
Amazing app, but...
I have had pretty good experiences so far with this app. I bought premium soon after downloading it, and have gotten new people to talk to just about every day. Everything works just as intended, and I think this is a great way to practice Japanese and meet new people in my free time.
Anyways, to conclude, this app is great for people looking to practice and learn language skills with native speakers, but may have some delay issues in text chats.
- HELLOTALK FOREIGN LANGUAGE EXCHANGE LEARNING TALK CHAT APP
- 152.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
English, Arabic, Catalan, Danish, Esperanto, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2019 HelloTalk
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Membership (1 Year) $29.99
- Pro Membership (1 Month) $1.99
- Unlimited Translation (Monthly Auto Renew) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.