• Reached #1 word game in 32 countries
• Played over 5 million times
• Hexiled is an original, addictive and challenging word game, with both intense and relaxed gameplay
• ESCAPE, EXPLORE, SURVIVE, DISCOVER game modes suit both word fiends and casual gamers
• Test your vocabulary, learn new words, challenge friends or beat your own scores
Make words that must touch vacant tile spaces and meet minimum word-length indicators shown on tiles. The tutorial at the start of the game explains the rules, so pay attention and you'll get away to the best possible start.
Try all four game modes:
• ESCAPE - with timing that adapts to your performance, this is a frantic challenge for anyone
• EXPLORE - there's no time limit, so relax and rack up a high score or hunt the longest words
• SURVIVE - earn time by finding words in a test of quick thinking, vocabulary and endurance
• DISCOVER - reach the edge in fewest possible words; gets harder as you get better
Play in any of the following languages:
• Français (French)
• Deutsch (German)
• Nederlands (Dutch)
• Español (Spanish)
• Português (Portuguese)
• Italiano (Italian)
"Spellbinding new wordplay app" - Evaluapp
"The best word game I have ever played" - sboyce_tw
"This game is so amazing! I'm addicted to it" - jotap_rios
"If you know what's good for you, you'll download Hexiled" - tee_dee_pee
"One of the best games on the App Store - great word based game" - tcfairfax
"A very satisfying hexagonal word search maze-like. Highly recommend!" - BookishMatt
The game includes detailed post-game statistics, your all-time stats and an original soundtrack.
Hexiled's four different modes offer something for everyone. Waiting for a friend or at the coffee shop? ESCAPE games take a couple of minutes (or 15-30 seconds if you're really good!). The morning commute or work break is perfect for SURVIVE's 1-5 minute games, while one last game of EXPLORE before bed is hard to resist. New DISCOVER mode adds something for those wanting an unrushed game, but without the commitment of a full EXPLORE session.
This update adds the following:
* Fixes a crash when toggling sound/music from main menu
* Fixes a crash when sharing images
Ratings and Reviews
Love love love
Just love this- it has become my go-to word game. I dislike the timed “reach the edge” option, but I play the go-at-your-own-pace version every day. I love the names of the levels. I love the stats. I love everything about it. Trying to crack 20,000 points, but it’s a beast, which I also- you guessed it- love.
My only problem is that I have started seeing glowing green letters behind my eyes at night. You developers are wonderful, lovable, evil geniuses.
My best word? Crotched- for over 2500 points. Crotched. Ahah ahaha. Love.
fun, relaxing and challenging!
it is fun, relaxing and challenging, and so far my best word is ‘shatterers’ for 3,510 points! I do play this a lot, was looking for a game like Spell Collapse, which is not available anymore. Found this, and like it very much, but i do have a problem with it. Sometimes I can leave the game if I have to, and my game is still waiting for me later when I go back to play it- i just click on ‘resume game’ and there it is as I left it. Other times, i go back to pick up where I left off, and my game is gone, and I have to start over again, which I hate because often I had awesome words with a lot of points! So that is why I am giving it only 4 points. Other than that one complaint, I think this is a great game!
Overall fun, with problems
The game play is a solid idea, love the theme, love the music. But there are multiple problems that negatively affect the game’s playability.
1) There needs to be a way to zoom out to see more of the board to be able to strategize your plays.
2) When you move the board around using the “empty spot”, the game easily allows your empty spot off the edge of the screen and without it you lose the ability to move the board or play a turn. You’re forced to forfeit and restart. It would help to have a “recenter screen” button, maybe, it could be on the pause screen.
3) The letter tiles are too often big blocks of consonants that can’t be played. And it gets tiring to constantly have to make words out of nothing but Ws, Js, Zs, and Cs. It stops being fun pretty quick.
4) Maybe it would be better to play words by tapping each individual letter and submitting by double tapping the final letter; when you’re dragging your finger across the screen it can be difficult to see around your finger to the word you’re trying to make. Then maybe we could zoom in and out as usual.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Triplezero Pty Ltd
- 163.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Triplezero Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Everything $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.