HINGE, DESIGNED TO BE DELETED
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. And it’s working. Currently, 3 out of 4 times Hinge members want to go on a second date, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
HOW WE GET YOU OFF HINGE
In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted.
* We quickly learn your type. You’ll only be introduced to the best people for you.
* We give you a sense of someone’s personality. You’ll get to know potential dates through their unique answers to prompts, and personal information like religion, height, and politics.
* We make it easy to start a conversation. Every match begins by someone liking or commenting on a specific part of your profile.
* We ask how your dates are going. After exchanging phone numbers with a Match, we’ll follow up to hear how your date went so we can make better recommendations in the future.
The app is free to use. Members looking to see who likes them or to set advanced preferences can upgrade to a Preferred Membership.
THE BUZZ ABOUT HINGE
“Hinge’s CEO says a good dating app relies on vulnerability, not algorithms.” - Washington Post
"Hinge is the first dating app to actually measure real-world success" - TechCrunch
“A great option for those fed up with temporary love.” -TheNextWeb
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase
Terms of Service: https://hinge.co/terms.html
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
3 improvements to help my dating sanity
1) A “close the flood gates” feature. The problem: 65 guys like my profile in the same week. If I respond to all my matches in real time, I’m tied up in 30 convos and a slave to my phone. If I only talk to a few dudes at a time, I can’t get back to some people for 4-6 weeks. And by then they’re tied up in other convos, deleted the app, in their work busy season, whatever. It’s not conducive to convos and dates. I’d suggest the option to take my profile “off the grid” while I handle a backed up queue of potential matches. Then I can be fully present for the next batch o’ humans, at the very same time they’re also fully present.
2) Upholding your member principles. When someone makes a profile, ask if they’re looking for a relationship before they can move forward. Your brand promise is “the relationship app” - yet I still have to ask every single prospect if they’re only looking for a hook up, and many of them are. Oust them, please. (I speculate those aren’t your paying members anyway, right?)
3) Make premium $9.99 again - or at least put it on sale here and there for active users. It’s a price I’m willing to pay to avoid the annoying lack of filters in the basic version (removing the height filter from basic was low key devastating, thanks for that.) You guys certainly know how expensive dating is, don’t give us single folk another price hurdle! Please? 🙏🏼
By far the best dating app out there
This app is one of the best dating apps out there! With most other dating apps there is a multitude of fake profiles and scammers that you match with, on hinge that’s not the case! The difference between Hinge and most other apps is that it’s built for people looking for more than just a hookup, it’s a classier dating app. Compared to other apps you get limited likes (without paying ofc) but in all honesty it’s not a bad thing. It makes you more selective and it really calms you down so you don’t isolate yourself from the people around you to matchmake on an app for hours at a time. Also if you run out of likes and you see a profile you really like you can always send the profile to yourself by sharing it, or the profiles will rotate but you might not be able to see them again for a bit. I didn’t get a hit on my profile on the first day using Hinge but the next day I got three and I’m currently talking a lot to one of them. And guys, women will hit you up on this app too, other reviews are misleading. The woman I’m talking to actually commented and liked me. Another thing about this app: it’s easy to use and it really focuses more on getting to know a person by its mixer questions on your profile. This app also looks clean and seamless, it’s by far one of the best dating apps on the App Store! Hopefully I won’t have to use it again but if I ever need to use a dating app again, Hinge is most definitely my number one choice.
Developer Response ,
We're so glad you're enjoying the app!
Pretty sure I met The One on here
This is, by far, the class of all the available dating apps. That doesn’t mean it’s going to provide a fairy tail opportunity, or even a fun one, but the way profiles are designed and integrated into the brief response sections makes this a much better option than Tinder, and even Bumble.
As others have mentioned in their reviews, squelching the ability to like photos without leaving a substantive comment should be the default. That’s simply too much like Tinder/Facebook and doesn’t really provide anything meaningful for the app. It definitely promotes the type of “drive-by” behavior that’s a scourge on Tinder. Leaving a comment requires forethought about what to say, what kind of tone you want to convey, and engaging with another user’s profile. You’re also much more likely to respond to folks who leave commentary, even if you don’t plan on going on a date, and that’s a very healthy approach compared to other apps.
As always, your mileage may vary. If you live in a small place you’re likely going to need to increase the radius, or maybe even take a step toward looking to move somewhere bigger in the future. There is still ghosting, likely related to the feature I mentioned above, but that’s just part of the process. For me, I was fortunate enough to find someone after a few months on Hinge that had me deleting the whole panoply of apps.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thanks for this feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve, so please feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any other suggestions for what you'd like to see from us in the future.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hinge, Inc.
- 88.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2021 Hinge Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Membership $19.99
- Membership $9.99
- Rose $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.