HINGE, DESIGNED TO BE DELETED
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. And it’s working. Currently, 3 out of 4 times Hinge members want to go on a second date, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
HOW WE GET YOU OFF HINGE
In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted.
* We quickly learn your type. You’ll only be introduced to the best people for you.
* We give you a sense of someone’s personality. You’ll get to know potential dates through their unique answers to prompts, and personal information like religion, height, and politics.
* We make it easy to start a conversation. Every match begins by someone liking or commenting on a specific part of your profile.
* We ask how your dates are going. After exchanging phone numbers with a Match, we’ll follow up to hear how your date went so we can make better recommendations in the future.
The app is free to use. Members looking to see who likes them or to set advanced preferences can upgrade to a Preferred Membership.
THE BUZZ ABOUT HINGE
“Hinge’s CEO says a good dating app relies on vulnerability, not algorithms.” - Washington Post
"Hinge is the first dating app to actually measure real-world success" - TechCrunch
“A great option for those fed up with temporary love.” -TheNextWeb
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase
Terms of Service: https://hinge.co/terms.html
All photos are of models and used for illustrative purposes only.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Daunted by having to fill out a dating app profile? Hinge helps you showcase your best self with conversation prompts (think “Two truths and a lie” or “Let’s debate this topic”) that create fun and flirty ways to engage.
Very good, as far as free apps go.
1) I really like their profile style. It works well, makes it easier to start conversations and share things about yourself, and also makes it easier to gauge someone else’s profile.
2) They allow you to sort by things like age range, ethnicity, religion, etc. If you pay for a subscription, they let you sort by things like politics, education level, and whether they drink, smoke, etc.
3) They allow you to put whether you’re vaccinated or not on your profile. However, they do not let you sort by whether people are vaccinated, which is what cost it a star (since that’s a bit of a dealbreaker for me). Basically, if you’re looking for a good, flexible app that you don’t have to pay to get a date on, this is a good one. That said, there are ways to pay to increase efficiency, and I wish you could sort by more for free. I know this is unlikely, but if a developer is reading this: please allow for sorting by vaccination status, and please don’t hide that one behind a paywall. Also, maybe add an option to say “unable to be vaccinated” for people who are allergic or such, as opposed to merely “not vaccinated,” since that would affect my judgement.
EDIT: Okay, so I feel like your priorities for sorting are kinda out of whack. Like, we’re able to sort by race/ethnicity for free, but not whether or not our prospective partner smokes or uses drugs? Wish it was the other way around.
Extremely happy, the best choice for singles
Unlike tinder and bumble, Hinge gives you the opportunity to actually bring forth more of your personality as he can comment on a persons profile. The more information on your profile or another persons profile increases the chances of you liking something other than just their looks. I found that this has led to much more engaging and relatable matches with others, not only that but leading those comments on their profile has led to easier conversations as it is a total ice breaker. The conversation starts with the comment that you made after you match and you can build off of what you sent. I found this has led to more genuine conversations and has been a overall amazing experience.
I’ve had tinder and bumble for several years now, and I found the whole experience to be very difficult with few matches and disinterested people; even when I use the paid subscriptions little changed. After a few days of downloading this app I saw a completely different results for the reasons I mentioned above. There’s so many features that allow a person to be able to follow up on people who like them without the use of a paid subscription. I’ve been able to match with several people and I am very interested to meet one of them. Overall I’ve been absolutely thankful for discovering this app.
Thank you Hinge, and best of luck to the rest of you.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hinge, Inc.
- 105.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2021 Hinge Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Bundle of three Roses $9.99
- Hinge Subscription $29.99
- Hinge Subscription $14.99
- Boost $9.99
- Membership $19.99
- Boost $19.99
- Hinge Subscription $34.99
- Bundle of twelve Roses $29.99
- Hinge Subscription $29.99
- Hinge Subscription $24.99