Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch to control Insteon lights and appliances in your home from anywhere with an Internet connection. Homeboy uses the native look and feel of your device to provide your entire family with a simple way of controlling the home. Set up your Insteon home and devices using Insteon's Insteon for Hub app, then use Homeboy to control it all. Just sign in with your Insteon account credentials.
- Control Insteon lights, appliances, and scenes with a simple, easy-to-use app
- Quickly access your Insteon devices, scenes, favorites, and rooms
- Maintain a comfortable environment with Insteon fans and thermostats
- Check device statuses throughout your home with one glance
- View device and scene details for deeper insight into your smart home configuration
- Switch between two or more homes to control multiple locations
- Use in portrait or landscape orientation on all iOS devices
- Control your home while multitasking with the iPad's Slide Over and Split View features
- Requires the Insteon Hub v2 (model 2245-222) and compatible North American Insteon devices
We encourage you to provide feedback about issues and feature requests. Current known limitations:
- Supports most Insteon lighting and appliance modules, dimmers, and outlets
- Supports primary load on keypads and dual outlets
- Does not support sensors, cameras, or X10 devices
- I/O Linc modules may not show accurate status
General maintenance & stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Ok App -- but needs work
The app functions pretty well and seems quicker and more responsive than the Insteon for Hub app. However, (IMHO) the graphic interface is pretty lame, unnecessarily colorless and boring and does not make a good use of screen real estate. The real bummer for me is no support for my cameras -- which Insteon for Hub does quite well.
Works as it should
I was a beta tester for Insteon’s new app through testflight. That allowed me to use 2 different apps to control my 2 locations without changing locations in the original Insteon app. Very handy! Well the beta version went away, so I went looking for another app to control my 2nd location. This one seemed to be a good choice while reading the reviews in the App Store. So, I installed it and am real happy with the app.
Provides a clean alternative to Insteon App
Glad Homeboy continues to make updates. The app works great. The interface is clean and provides a single pane of glass to view all your devices. Thermostats are supported! Thanks!. Load times for device status can be slow but that is with Insteon itself not the App.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Homeboy Software Inc.
- 40.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Homeboy Software Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.