Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch to control Insteon lights and appliances in your home from anywhere with an Internet connection. Homeboy uses the native look and feel of your device to provide your entire family with a simple way of controlling the home. Set up your Insteon home and devices using Insteon's Insteon for Hub app, then use Homeboy to control it all. Just sign in with your Insteon account credentials.
- Control Insteon lights, appliances, and scenes with a simple, easy-to-use app
- Quickly access your Insteon devices, scenes, favorites, and rooms
- Maintain a comfortable environment with Insteon fans and thermostats
- Check device statuses throughout your home with one glance
- View device and scene details for deeper insight into your smart home configuration
- Set your Favorite devices and scenes—without the manufacturer’s app
- Switch between two or more homes to control multiple locations
- Use in portrait or landscape orientation on all iOS devices
- Control your home while multitasking with the iPad's Slide Over and Split View features
- Requires the Insteon Hub v2 (model 2245-222) and compatible North American Insteon devices
We encourage you to provide feedback about issues and feature requests. Current known limitations:
- Supports most Insteon lighting and appliance modules, dimmers, and outlets
- Supports primary load on keypads and dual outlets
- Does not support sensors, cameras, or X10 devices
- I/O Linc modules may not show accurate status
This release fixes a bug that prevented the ability to swipe back to previous screens (e.g. device/scene screens to the main screen, device/scene detail screens to their respective device/scene screens).
Ratings and Reviews
Ok App -- but needs work
The app functions pretty well and seems quicker and more responsive than the Insteon for Hub app. However, (IMHO) the graphic interface is pretty lame, unnecessarily colorless and boring and does not make a good use of screen real estate. The real bummer for me is no support for my cameras -- which Insteon for Hub does quite well.
Apple Watch interface - needs massive work
The main/only reason that I downloaded this was for the Apple Watch interface which used to be native on the legacy Insteon app. I just simply want a list of devices to pop up that I can control. Now that I am Apple Watch Ultra, I thought this would be even better. Unfortunately it looks like the only thing this has is Fav Scenes. Not something I really even use nor was looking for.
I am hoping that this will have a navigable interface on watch and be able to list devices as well as scenes in the very near future. Currently no thought went into the watch interface at all.
Works as it should
I was a beta tester for Insteon’s new app through testflight. That allowed me to use 2 different apps to control my 2 locations without changing locations in the original Insteon app. Very handy! Well the beta version went away, so I went looking for another app to control my 2nd location. This one seemed to be a good choice while reading the reviews in the App Store. So, I installed it and am real happy with the app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Homeboy Software Inc.
- 112 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 5.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Homeboy Software Inc.