HSBuddy is a free application for iOS® that turns your mobile device into the ultimate companion for your HomeSeer® home automation system.
To use HSBuddy, you must connect it with a HomeSeer HS3 controller in your home. Certain features require an additional HomeSeer controller plug-in which you can install from the plug-in manager in your HomeSeer controller (look for HSBuddy under the Beta section).
Complement your home automation experience and use HSBuddy to:
- Explore and control devices (turn on the lights, open your garage door)
- List and run events
- View history of device state changes*
- View images from your home cameras **
- Create 3D Touch shortcuts (any function in the application is one tap away from your home screen)
- Receive push notifications* ("the water sensor has tripped", "the front door was opened")
- Browse your HomeSeer controller logs*
- Create location-based automation *
- Connect to your server directly (over your home WiFi) or remotely (via MyHomeSeer). Setup both profiles and HSBuddy will choose the best available connection.
*Requires installing the free HSBuddy HomeSeer controller plug-in
**Compatible with some existing HomeSeer controller camera plug-ins
THIS APP REQUIRES A HOMESEER HS3 CONTROLLER
~ Some icons courtesy of: Icons8 (http://icons8.com) ~
For more information and troubleshooting help, go to http://hsbuddy.avglabs.net
Fix: Sometimes geolocation feature stops working while app is in the background
Fix: Keyboard does not show option to pick items from a list
Fix: Certain device types aren't controllable from the app
Other: General reliability improvements and better debug logging for bug reporting
Ratings and Reviews
Needs update for iPhone 10 and auto refresh
Works fine but for heaven’s sake please update the app for iPhone 10 screen! Also the status of things don’t update on the app unless you click on the refresh button.
Absolute must have for any homeseer user. Only constructive feedback would be to try to eliminate or show a status when waiting on data. It let’s you completely control your house from anywhere in the world, but sometimes feels like it’s “hanging” when I know it’s just waiting on data from homeseer (like when switching from devices to events,etc)
Btw I never write reviews - that’s how much this app has changed my smart home experience.
Excellent app, and with the recent release of HS3 touch that not only leave me without connectivity but also is forcing you to buy the designer software. This one is a truly alternative. Please work in multiple homes connections.
- Antonio Vargas Garcia
- 10 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Antonio Vargas Garcia
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.