HSBuddy is a free application for iOS® that turns your mobile device into the ultimate companion for your HomeSeer® home automation system.
Certain features require an additional HomeSeer controller plug-in which you can install from the plug-in manager in your HomeSeer configuration pages. Look for HSBuddy under the User Interfaces section.
Complement your home automation experience and use HSBuddy to:
• Control and edit devices
• Run and edit events
• View history of device state changes *
• View images from your home cameras **
• Create your own customized dashboards
• Speed up your daily automation tasks
» Create Siri shortcuts
» Run quick actions from the Home screen
• Send push-notifications to your devices as part of your server events
• Browse your HomeSeer server logs *
• Enable geo-location on the app and location-based events *
• Automatically switch between local-WiFi and remote connectivity to your server based on your location.
• Connect to multiple HomeSeer servers and switch quickly between them
*Requires installing the free HSBuddy HomeSeer controller plug-in
**Compatible with some existing HomeSeer controller camera plug-ins
To use this app you need a running instance of HomeSeer. To find out more, visit http://www.homeseer.com
For more information and troubleshooting help, go to http://hsbuddy.avglabs.net
• HSBuddy now uses your device settings to format timestamps in 12/24hr format.
Local camera access:
• HSBuddy is now capable of retrieving snapshot images directly from cameras that support it.
• HSBuddy can keep the device screen active on based on your preferences.
• Image widgets now support an action to view image in full-screen mode
• Sections now support a background layer where you can add image widgets.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs update for iPhone 10 and auto refresh
Works fine but for heaven’s sake please update the app for iPhone 10 screen! Also the status of things don’t update on the app unless you click on the refresh button.
Thank you so much for this app!!
I’ve only spent a few minutes with this app and I can already see that it completely blows HSMobile out of the water! Just the fact that I was able to connect successfully with a dns name instead of having to use an IP. I haven’t tried HTTPS yet but that doesn’t work on HSMobile either. And it looks like you have config backups working to! They should license this from you or bring you on as their mobile developer or something. They should be embarrassed at the quality of their app compared to yours. Thank you so much for creating this and keep up the good work!!
Absolute must have for any homeseer user. Only constructive feedback would be to try to eliminate or show a status when waiting on data. It let’s you completely control your house from anywhere in the world, but sometimes feels like it’s “hanging” when I know it’s just waiting on data from homeseer (like when switching from devices to events,etc)
Btw I never write reviews - that’s how much this app has changed my smart home experience.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Antonio Vargas Garcia
- 30.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Antonio Vargas Garcia
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.