Featured by Apple, Forbes as "New Apps We Love", "Finance for Happy Couples", "Inspiring Stories & "Best Tech Apps To Help You Save & Invest", Honeydue is the best personal finance app for couples. Track your balances, budgets and bills together - and engage in meaningful conversations about your habits and goals.
• Mission Lane recently acquired Honeydue to support couples and families in their credit journeys.
• Introducing Joint Banking by Honeydue, a modern digital bank account designed for couples. Each of you and your partner gets your own account number and debit card on top of a shared balance. Track your budget in real time and get on the same page. Enroll for a joint bank account today.
• Choose how much you share with your partner.
• See all of your bank account balances in one place, neatly organized.
• Set monthly household spending limits on each category, and get notified when you and your partner are nearing it.
• Add your own custom categories.
• Get reminded you when it's time to pay your bills.
• Send a thumbs up to encourage your partner's spending habits, or choose from 18 other emojis.
• Ask your partner about that mysterious purchase.
• Divvy up expenses, and square up with your partner when the time is right.
• Automatic categorization of all your spending, or setup custom categories.
• Support most banks in the US.
• Bank level security for your peace of mind: Your data is encrypted in storage and in transit.
• SSL/TLS, passcode & TouchID, and multi-factor authentication.
• See the big picture and argue less about the little things.
• Free up your time from financial chores and go enjoy your day!
• It's FREE!
Any questions or feedback? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Been using Honeydue for a little over two years now - SO valuable for my wife and I to manage our spending and budget. I tried all of the other apps and this one works best for us. Here’s how we use it:
- we have all of our accounts linked, including some manually added accounts (like physical cash to keep track of)
- we assign transactions to either spending or earnings, under one of the 20 categories we built out. Any cc bills or transfers between accounts are in the transfer sections.
- here’s where we become power users (and why Honeydue is awesome): we are often netting out spending with earnings in one category, like covering dinner with friends and lumping the vemnos received in one category. Being able to do that, plus split the expense into multiple categories, is HUGE. what’s even better is editing transaction dates to match reimbursable expenses across different months.
- once all transactions are properly accounted for, we upload the month’s data to an excel spreadsheet (since there are some limitations on history within the app, and sometimes the data gets refreshed and reorganized every 4-5 months). Not a huge deal to us, given price point and no other app doing what Honeydue can.
-we don’t utilize the bills, activity, split expenses, or chat features
By doing it this way we are able to track spending over years as well as make sure we are getting paid back on returns, cancellations, refunds, IOUs, etc. we love Honeydue for that!
All Hype - Glitchy w/ No Tech Support
I was so excited for my husband and I to get all our accounts in one place so we could keep better track of spending by category. We just got married, we have some rental property, and he’s self-employed, so we have several different accounts at different institutions that serve different purposes. Seemed great for the first two days, and I was having a great time sorting historical expenses and customizing categories. Then it lost touch with our primary bank. I emailed support multiple times, got ambiguous answers, with the final one being, “This is impacting a lot of other users … Want me to contact you again when/if we get an update?” What?! Your app has access to all of our personal financial information, it’s had some sort of connectivity glitch for almost two full weeks, and you’ll “keep checking” to see if there’s ever a solution?? We also hadn’t been able to sync my husband’s auto loan account from the beginning, which is with a major financial institution that should’ve been available but was “currently unable to connect.” Maybe those are little bugs that can be worked out quickly, but it’s hard for me to trust a FinTech company that can’t figure out basic app functionality over the course of 10 full business days.
Helpful financial app for couples!
I really like this app but it definitely has some room to develop. If it does so it will be a great app. It is really nice how well it syncs between my wife and I without having to use Dropbox or some other service. It is also well designed with a clean look.
One of my dislikes is that the navigation can be a little clunky. For example, if I tap “bills” navigation when I am already under the bills, but not on the main screen, somewhere further in a sub-area, the app does nothing. I would like the app to take me back to the main screen without having to tap “back.” Second, when I add a new budget item there is no place to put how much I want to budget. This seems like an oversight and should be corrected. Third, on the main budget screen, and on each budget category, I would like to see not just how much I have spent, but also how much I have remaining to spend.
This app is on a great track and I hope it continues to develop!
Developer Response ,
Hey Mason - these are great ideas! We are actually in the process of designing them for a future release. Safe to spend amounts, and assigning budgets to new custom categories (though you know that you can add the spending limit after creating the category?). And taking you back to the root page when tapping on the tab - great idea, we'll get on that soon too! Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any more feedback!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WalletIQ, Inc.
- 128 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, Hindi, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 WalletIQ, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Tip $0.99 $0.99
- Monthly Tip $1.99 $1.99
- Monthly Tip $4.99 $4.99
- Monthly Tip $2.99 $2.99
- Monthly Tip $3.99 $3.99
- Monthly Tip $5.99 $5.99
- Monthly Tip $9.99 $9.99
- Monthly Tip $7.99 $7.99
- Monthly Tip $6.99 $6.99
- Monthly Tip $8.99 $8.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.