Hoop League Tactics is a fresh new take on the sports management simulation genre. Take control of your basketball team and lead them to victory in turn based tactical action. Manage your players between games by upgrading their skills and scouting for the next prospect to join your squad. Whether you'd rather control every action or watch from the sidelines, how you decide to play the game is entirely up to you!
- Get drafted as a rookie in an all new Career Mode!
- Control the action with three pointers, dunks, blocks, alley-oops, and more
- Draft prospects, negotiate contracts, and improve your team with trades
- Develop players, increase experience, and unlock new skills
- Manage fatigue and injuries to keep your team ready for the next opponent
- Play, watch, or simulate any game from around the league
- Earn multiple end of season awards such as Most Valuable Player
- Lead your team through endless seasons and win as many championships as possible!
- Full customization of entire leagues, teams, and players
- Import and export custom leagues with the community
- Additional save slots for Season and Career mode
- No Ads!
- Added 12 minute game option
- Added Play of the Game highlight
- Player of the Game award is now tracked
- Enabled portrait upside down orientation
- Fixed team celebration on missed shots
- Fixed seasons that can't continue
- Fixed custom league Career mode bug
- Fixed random injury in Career mode
- Fixed incorrect home court advantage in finals matchups
Ratings and Reviews
So I downloaded this game awhile back and thought it was fun, but the new updates are what made me a paying customer!
- I love the badges! They give the individual players an added layer of uniqueness, which is great. Hope to see an even larger variety soon.
- If I could give some constructive feedback, driving for an open shot from the perimeter or the post is way too easy. I routinely post 100% field goals with my bigs, and even my moderately skilled guards shoot hyper-efficiently by just walking as close as possible to the hoop
- IMO, this could be remedied in two ways:
1) making defenders consistently block your way to the rim and adding dribble/post moves that cost stamina which would be required to get past the defender. Kind of like the stepback, which is a great addition by the way.
2) instead of toggling the defensive pressure each defender exerts, toggling the attention the offense gets: for example, playing a good shooter tight on the perimeter, or doubling a great ball handler. A few options like that would both make the defensive experience more engaging and the offensive experience more dynamic and varied.
Thanks for working so hard on this game! I’m having a great time playing!
Great game with fundamental flaws
The biggest flaw in the rng system here is that the game is always too easy or impossibly frustrating depending on the difficulty. In low difficulty, in an 8-minute game, I can routinely score 80+ points with over 75% shooting. It wasn’t always like this, though. So you’re meant to increase difficulty as you increase experience
Unfortunately, the chance of getting your ball swiped in higher difficulties is stupid. I have a team filled with decent ball-handlers and passers, yet consistently average 20+ turnovers per season compared to 6-12 takeaways. This makes for a frustrating experience, since you can neither dribble nor pass without risk of having the ball stolen— this is true even of ‘low-risk’ passes made by good passers (7+).
I do like the decreased FG% chance, as it is far more realistic. But the increased TO rate is insane and makes the game annoying to play. I have NOT checked the custom difficulty settings, and maybe you can adjust TO sliders there.
Good idea, needs tweaks
I enjoy manager games and have played a ton of them. I think the market could use an American Football manager and have many ideas for a good one should you ever explore that.
As for Hoops...the idea is great and I like being able to develop a team from the bottom up. Everyone likes an underdog right? The season length options could be a little bit longer, and you can put people on the trading block but I never experienced any option for trading. I always had about 1/4 to 1/3 of my salary cap left but didn’t notice any option to get any superstars.
I think more options overall could be great. More player levels and skills to develop a slash and dunk style team or a great defensive team or a three point threat. I think doubling the amount of skills could pay dividends to customization. Also in games like NBA 2k I’m manager mode you also have to balance egos and players who complain. It would be cool if it would incorporate more real things like that. Some of the pros act like pros and some are big babies...balance the egos.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Koality Game LLC
- 105.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Koality Game LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.