"Blanket recommendation for this one." - Pocket Tactics (5 stars)
"It's very simple to learn, but there's a huge amount of depth to the game" - Touch Arcade (5 stars)
Hoplite is a turn-based strategy game focusing on tactical movement around small maps.
This game is designed to be hard, yet fair. You'll need to think before you act if you hope to win. Every move counts!
• Make strategical choices to upgrade your abilities as you dive deeper into the underworld.
• Earn achievements and unlock access to new upgrades.
• Procedurally generated levels give a new experience every play.
• Challenge your friends and see how you rank on the leaderboard.
• Jump straight into the action with a randomized set of upgrades.
• Try to beat the daily challenge or play predetermined challenges at two difficulty levels.
- Fullscreen support for devices with notch
- New leaderboards
- German, Russian and Portuguese translations
- Altars tweaked to allow gaining a specific build easier
- Wizard Beam is always available on depth 8 (if unlocked)
- Choices that have been seen less in the current game are given priority
Ratings and Reviews
Game is friggin awesome
Take a Greek hoplite with his little spear and shield down 16 floors to grab the fleece and exit the warp portal to win. Sounds easy? It’s not.
Along the way you’ll have to avoid or kill 4 different enemy types and some randomly placed lava tiles. Each enemy has its own way of attacking and range, but all are killed in a single hit. You can visit the magic shrine found on (most) every floor and choose from several different prayers which in turn give your hoplite different active and passive skills. The skills are great and pretty varied.
It seems so simple but there is just a ton of emergent gameplay strategy from just a handful of enemy types and a mostly barren hex map. I definitely wasn’t expecting this to take up nearly all my free time over the past week or so but here we are.
Highly Recommend. Worth the price!!
This game is an absolute beauty. I love the look and play style. I’ve had this game for years and love playing it on my free time at work. The only thing I wish was different, is if you could customize the character. Such as getting so far or completing challenges you get new armor or weapon skins permanently where after each death and start of a new round/game, you’d still have that armor set or weapon that appeals to you. I fell like customization of the character would really top the cake on this one. Other than that, the game is almost flawless/perfect.
Very good "bite-sized" strategy game. The scale of the game is not huge, and that's part of it's appeal. The simpler graphics are also a part of it's appeal ( retro and more modern). When you do end up getting the fleece you feel you've accomplished a good battle run. The added options of more life, more energy, longer jumps, etc. are a nice addition to your strategy plans ( bonus -- they are IAP free). Well done!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Douglas Cowley
- 55.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2013, Doug Cowley
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.