HP Prime Pro is an extensive and integrated graphing calculator app that enables students to solve problems, learn, and explore on their mobile device.
Designed with the same layout and features as the College Board approved HP Prime Graphing Calculator, the app answers the demands of the digital classroom and delivers flexible functionality anywhere you work.
• Advanced graphing capabilities to graph implicit and explicit equations and inequalities, with the capability to trace or build tables of points of interest.
• Use the Graph 3D feature to plot functions that define Z in terms of X and Y
• Units & base conversions to handle the most complex problems in chemistry, physics, quantum mechanics and other engineering fields
• Pinch-to-zoom and multi-touch capabilities for a hands-on, intuitive experience.
• Full featured programming language including user defined functions and re-assignable keys
• Perfect companion for secondary and collegiate mathematics courses with dynamic Geometry, Statistics, Finance, and Spreadsheet applications.
• Just-in-time context-sensitive help available through the app.
• Easily toggle decimals to special values of (a/b)*π, (a/b)*√(c/d), ln(a/b), and e^(a/b)
• Solve single equations and systems of equations (linear and nonlinear)..
• HP Prime Explorer allows the user discover several function families
• Calculate bonds, cash flows, dates and more with the Finance feature.
• Reduce keystrokes with optional RPN.
• Delivers a multidimensional Computer Algebra System (CAS).
• Authentic app, developed and supported by HP.
Ratings and Reviews
A total waste of money...
I bought an HP Prime when they first came out. It and the virtual on my pc are in sync and not as glitchy as they were when first acquired. Using the connectivity kit i can save and load programs on external media as well as interchange between devices. HP does not support the iPad. I would like to know one thing...how does one get years of programs from a pc into an iPad that doesn't seem to connect to anything useful? I'm using iOS11.4 As for the calculator itself...it's just like the real one. And just as glitchy.
update...finally can connect with my pc to transfer programs.
Still just as glitchy as ever. But at least now I can save my work.
Latest Version of Calculator Keeps on Crashing
This was a great app, but the latest version has significant issues and has become unusable. It constantly crashes when you use any of the CAS solve capability. I tried deleting the app and re-installing, but that did not correct the problem. I do not know if this is a compatibility issue with IOS 12 or a bug introduced in the latest version, but it exists in both the iPhone & iPad versions. There doesn’t seem to be a way to contact HP on the issue (no phone or email). The app support link is totally useless since it appears you can only get support for the physical calculator and not the app for which they charge a lot of money for. Extremely frustrated with HP’s poor support with an app that constantly crashes. Beware and keep away until they fix this.
Best I have found but a bit buggy
I agree with others that there are some bugs and often it takes opening it more than once for it to work. Sometimes the app doesnt respond to touch and makes it more frustrating. I used on a 6s+, 7+ and iPad Pro (9.7 & 10.5) so I assume its not the device.
I was looking for an HP that has the Solve function they pioneered yesrs ago (e.g. on the HP-28 and many others). Used to be great and easy to use but as the calculators got more sophisticated (HP-48/49) it became less easy. Its a bit easier here but not great. I suppose I'm looking looking for is long gone and the HP-28S experience is dead. I will keep looking but until then I will use this app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Royal Consumer Information Products INC
- 57.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.