Quickly and securely transfer photos, videos, music files, documents, URLs, and more between your HP PC and iPhone or iPad with the push of a button. Pair multiple devices at once to share between all of your devices. View and respond to SMS notifications with Quick Reply.
Forget the hassle of emailing photos, compressing videos, or waiting around for your cloud files to update. HP QuickDrop transfers media and text in a flash, giving you more time to focus on what matters. No need for cables or Bluetooth, you can transfer files between your devices no matter the distance.
NOT compatible with HP Orbit. Requires HP QuickDrop PC companion app installed on a HP PC (available on the Microsoft Store). Please make sure you have the NEW HP QuickDrop application downloaded on your HP PC. The old HP Orbit application on your HP PC will not pair with HP QuickDrop.
1. Download this app for your mobile device
2. Download & install or open the HP QuickDrop application on your HP PC (available on the Microsoft Store).
3. Please ensure you are using HP QuickDrop on your PC and not HP Orbit
4. Launch HP QuickDrop and follow the pairing directions on your mobile device
• Share across OS ecosystems (Windows and iOS)
• Send photos, videos, notes, files, PDFs, URLs, and more
• View and respond to SMS notification using Quick Reply
• Easy, one-time pairing
• Pair multiple devices and switch between them easily
• Quick and secure transfers, even of large files
• Enter a message to share notes, URLs, or addresses to your device
• Share photos directly to QuickDrop or browse your files to send
• Quickly share to social media without leaving the app
• Not compatible with HP Orbit
• Requires a 2017 or newer HP PC
• Requires HP QuickDrop PC companion app installed
• Windows 10 Home edition, 19H1 or higher
• iOS 13.0 or higher
Questions? Visit https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06535756 for support.
Version 1.8.0 (880)
i. Added support for having multiple devices paired to your PC
ii. Updated visual design with light and dark mode
iii. Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I love the concept and it’s made my life easier, however, I think it be better if there was a way to send files, images, etc without having to open the application on both devices. I also think there should be a way to save files on the app here on the iPhone. For example I sent a pdf to my phone but I dont see a way to save it, just view it. Unless there is something im missing. But I do think the app can improve and make it far more superior than any file sharing app out there!
I love it but…
I recently retired my 10yo MacBook and picked up an HP laptop but I’m still clinging to my iPhone. Was excited to stumble upon the app on my computer so I downloaded it to my phone and started clearing up space on my phone by moving pictures. Love how fast the photos and videos transferred. Faster than airdrop. However, today I noticed an alert on my phone, went to see what it was about and it was saying my phone storage was almost full. Why in the name of Batman, is the app taking up nearly 7.5 GB if space on my phone?!?! I cleared out the photos after transferring so where in the world is it getting that much from “documents and data”?
PC solution to airdrop
When I first made the switch back to a PC after having been a Mac user for years, I was so sad to have lost my ability to airdrop things easily between my phone and laptop. Thankfully, HP has found an effortless solution to this pesky problem. QuickDrop is fast, intuitive, and makes working between my PC and iPhone so much friendlier. I don’t have to email photos back and forth to myself and it has simplified my workflow and increased my satisfaction with my HP laptop.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HP Inc.
- 57.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 HP Development Company, L.P.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.