The HPR Public Radio App allows you to listen to HPR live, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule all at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for stories, bookmark a story for later, and wake up to HPR with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from HPR even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for every station. You can display up to three of your favorites at a time or flick once to see the schedules for all of your favorite stations.
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to HPR in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access public radio programs from multiple content providers (NPR, BBC and HPR) easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to national programs, individual story segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The HPR Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or story segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Save what you were listening to (Live or On Demand) so you can replay, follow-up, or share it later by simply clicking “Bookmark”.
• Compatible with the popular Radio Bookmark device (www.radiobookmark.com).
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The HPR Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at HPR and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support HPR Public Radio by becoming a member today!
Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
Your feedback helps us make our app better for everyone. Please send us your suggestions via the "Settings and Help" section of the app!
Ratings and Reviews
All in one place
News during the day OR classical music at anytime. Jazz or Brazilian music on Sunday evenings, it just doesn’t get better than this. It’s become my go to Sunday evening channel to listen to because it’s so fun and interesting! Local Hawaiian flavor, the disc jockey just played a bunch of little known recordings of the Hawaiian jazz saxophonist Gabe Baltazar Jr. Today is his 91 birthday. What a wonderful gesture to celebrate this momentous occasion. What other station does this? No one. If you value community radio do yourself a favor and download this app. These guys do it right.
Discrepancy between streaming and live programming
Love the app, but doesn’t always work well..Cuts out sometimes and music interrupted mid stream by station promotions.
there seems to be a delay between live programming on the radio and streaming on my phone via the app, which results in missing the continuous thread of the music. Really frustrating when you’re listening in the car and then want to continue w same program on your phone while shopping, but it sounds like they have different programming on app than on the radio. However, it’s great if you simply want good music with you always...
Convenient, but cuts out randomly
I listen to Morning Edition every morning. I listen on my Bluetooth headphones while I’m watching my kid and doing things around the house. I really like the convenience of having it on demand and being able to pause it. What I don’t like? At least once a day, the app boots me off, right in the middle of a segment. I need to stop what I’m doing, get my phone, re-open the app and station and find where I was in the program. It wouldn’t be so much of an issue if the app could remember/save what I was listening to last, but this is irritating and makes getting my new a lot LESS convenient. It cuts out when I’m listening live too and then I just miss out on random parts of the show 👎 please fix!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hawaii Public Radio
- 28.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Hawaii Public Radio