Hum combines lyric-writing, note-taking, and audio recording into a single app for capturing and organizing all your songwriting ideas. Hum keeps your lyrics and song ideas organized and sortable so you never lose anything again. Hum keeps everything backed up and in sync with Dropbox.
• Tag and sort any of your lyrics and riffs by key, tuning, tonality, color, and mood.
• Share your ideas via email or iMessage.
• Import audio from other apps.
• Keep a page of notes for each song, separate from your lyrics.
• Play your ideas straight from the library—no need to tap into a song to audition your ideas.
• Keep organized with folders
• Keep your library backed up and in sync with Dropbox.
• Stay in tune with a built-in tuner.
If you’ve enjoyed using Hum, please leave a review.
Added in 1.12
Added - A huge under the hood update to add dark mode
Fixes - There were a few bugs with searching when there weren't any results
Improved - Waveform drawing and scrubbing is now improve throughout
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A Great Start
I am also a long time user of the Songwriter app as well as SongHub. The Hum app is very simple and easy to use but lacks some key features that would make it a great songwriting app.
What I Like
1. It's simple and easy to use.
2. Clean modern design.
3. My favorite feature is the notes section. This is a feature that I have never seen in any other songwriting app. It gives you a place to try new lyrics and lines without messing up the basic lyrics you already have. If you could see some of my works in progress, you would understand why I love this.
1. Folders so you can have your Ideas, In Progress and Completed songs separated instead of all bunched together.
2. The ability to create song sections within a song that can be rearranged.
3. The ability to hide the recorder at the bottom to give you more screen real estate.
4. An iPad version with syncing to use when performing.
This is my first take and I will probably update this review once I get more time with it. Enjoy!
Grateful for Hum
I have been a hard core, verbally supportive user of Songwriter HD for gong on 4 years. I talked countless songwriters into buying it, and now, unfortunately, the developers sold it to someone who is not updating and has no intention of updating. Getting notifications from Apple and Dropbox Songwriter HD will soon be useless. I get no response from anyone when I look for answers.
Thankfully there is an heir to the throne with Hum. Does everything it should do and everything it claims to do. This is the new songwriter's dream and my new go-to tool. The price absolutely can't be beat for all it does. I am very picky about the app I use for writing my songs, and believe me, if I have suggestions for improvement, I hound the company. For now, though, Hum is on the right track. I hope they plan on sticking around. It says this is iPhone only, but it works on my iPad Pro, it just looks weird. All my support is here. If you are a songwriter in need of an app for writing, Hum is the way to go.
Hum is a total game changer
Guys if you are a songwriter you need this app, seriously. I can’t imagine where I’d be with my songs if I had this app years ago. ALL OF YOUR SONG IDEAS EASILY ORGANIZED IN ONE PLACE. This is exactly what I’ve been looking for. No hassle, very intuitive. I make a folder for each song I’m working on and then record my song ideas into that specific folder, and it makes it extremely easy to name your recording and write notes or lyrics with it. No more searching for your ideas in a giant list mostly unnamed recordings. You literally never have to loose or misplace a song idea again with this app. Come on, 3 bucks just get it! So worth it, it will make your life so much easier
- Just Hum LLC
- 69.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Just Hum, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.