You’re invited to take part in the best hunting app community out there! Share hunting experiences with like-minded sportsmen and women around the country, while gaining access to the best hunting tools on the market.
With hunting weather predictions, solunar calendars, GPS Maps and more; HuntWise is one hunting app with the ability to help you plan and prepare for the best hunting times to ensure that you don’t come home empty-handed. Whether you are deer hunting, duck hunting, or hunting for a wide range of other species, using HuntWise as your trusted hunt predictor will increase your chances of hitting the mark.
WEATHER FORECASTS FOR HUNTERS
HuntCastTM Predictions and Hunting Forecast: Over 12M predictions have been made to date using an industry leading prediction and forecast tool. Trusted and tested by Hunters around the globe, HuntCast combines 8 tracked weather related variables to determine your species-specific peak kill times.
Determine the best hunting times for specific species including: white-tailed deer, waterfowl, turkey, upland game, wild boar, coyote, rabbit, squirrel, black bear, brown bear, black-tailed deer, moose, mule deer, and elk.
MAPS BUILT FOR HUNTERS
Turn your smartphone into a powerful GPS Hunt Mapping device and more!
1) Private Land Ownership Boundaries: Scout new hunting properties and identify private property boundaries.
2) Satellite + Topographic Imagery: Understand terrain with topographic contours, hillshade, and satellite imagery.
3) Custom Waypoints: Plot your stands, blinds, scrapes, rubs, and waypoints.
4) GPS Navigation: Navigate to any custom location in real time using your phone's built-in GPS.
SHOP HUNTING GEAR
HuntWise is now your one-stop shop for your favorite hunting gear. We have partnered with some of the best hunting brands in the world to make it even easier for you to access the essentials right from your phone. Connect with other hunters to discuss gear, ask questions, and read hundreds of reviews from sportsmen around the country.
1) Find Gear: Easily search through the best hunting gear brands
2) Read Reviews: Read authentic reviews from sportsmen around the country to hear what others are saying about specific gear.
3) Ask Questions: Chat with other professionals about the best gear for all of your hunting needs.
With Pro Membership, you will gain access to private land boundaries for the entire United States. This map layer will be displayed over your existing satellite map if enabled in the layer’s menu on the map tab. The Pro Membership costs $49.99/year. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. The payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
COMMUNITY SHAPED BY HUNTERS
Join a community of hunters who understand what’s at the heart of hunting; who appreciate the patience and skill required to be successful, and who will celebrate with you when you get the big one. Share in thousands of photos and stories of hunters around the country.
1) Log your hunts- Each hunt is an opportunity to make memories. Record those prized moments and relive them for years to come.
2) Talk shop- Chat with hundreds of hunters across the country and share in the thrill of the sport.
3) Record Keeping- Record your harvest and sighting amounts along with other details for every hunting season.
Hunt more. Hunt Better. HuntWise.
The HuntWise toolset just got a lot more powerful. With the introduction of new features including updated markers, hunt areas, and more, we've made the most diverse hunting toolset on the market faster and easier to navigate than ever before. HuntWise is designed to help hunters pursue their passion, and we've focused on the updates you've requested to optimize your time in the field. HuntWise is always here to get you ready for your next hunt.
• Improved Hunt Area Sharing - Seamlessly share your hunt area with others via in-app user search or externally via text or email to more easily collaborate with others on everything from offseason land management to scouting and hunt planning.
• Added Hunt Area Permissions - You now have the ability to set user-specific permissions for hunters you share your hunt areas with, meaning you can allow some users to edit your hunt area and provide view-only access to others.
• Improved Onboarding - We want to make it easier than ever to get into the HuntWise app and start using the features that millions of hunters love.
• Updated Gear Tab - You can save up to 50% on your favorite brands as an Elite member!
• Updated Create Marker & Marker Detail Workflow - In the field, markers are one of your most valuable tools. We've streamlined your ability to create and save markers and add in-depth marker details.
• Updated Create Hunt Area Workflow - You can now set up a hunt area by quickly tapping parcels, manually drawing boundaries, or fitting the hunt area directly to your screen.
• Added ability to add Notes & Photos to Markers - In a constant effort to improve the quality of map content within HuntWise, we've introduced the ability to add photos and notes to your Markers. Along with customizable icons and colors within each shareable Marker, this new feature elevates the usefulness of Markers as a tool while in the field and scouting from home.
• Added ability to toggle visibility for Markers - While scanning the map, you can increase visibility by hiding or showing your Markers based on use.
• Added ability to move Markers - It's a lot easier to make the most of your time with the ability to move previously created markers.
• Various bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t beat it for the money
I use this app mainly for property lines and the mapping. Other apps are way more expensive a year for literally only one state worth of property lines. The 3D feature has to be the best thing about it, being able to look at a 3D map of the terrain in a hilly area really improves scouting. Only downfall is the map doesn’t show a lot of smaller creeks that are in the woods, but I can usually pull up google maps and it’ll show me if I’m really curious. I’ve never tried any of the weather stuff or go off of any of the “hunt predictions” so I can’t say anything about those. Truly if you want to know the weather check it on your phone and get out there in the woods regardless because it’s unpredictable. All in all tho it’s a very useful thing to have if you want to pay for the membership.
So far not so good
I’ve had HuntWise on my iPhone for a few years. It was a free app when I started using it. It was also very easy to use and an almost perfect app for a hunter. I had 7 stands marked and could open the app and check all the stands for wind, moon phase, temp etc. in about three minutes.
But all good things come to an end. HuntWise started to “improve” the app and wanted everyone to purchase the new one. So they started to take away from the free one. This month I gave up and upgraded to the Pro. So far not impressed at all. From the pics on the come-on’s to upgrade I thought I would be getting what used to be free. Wrong! So far it is amazingly difficult to use. My original stands are on the map but not listed. So the only way to get to the stand is use my finger to move the map to the stand. Once there all that is shown is the stand itself, no wind direction....nothing! Then when I try to get a prediction the app immediately defaults to my home. I’ll play with the app some more but I doubt that I’ll be a HuntWise costumer much longer.
If they would get back to what they had when it was free, simple to use and very informative, I would gladly pay.
Very useful app. Could use a couple of simple additions..
Love the app, use it to mark down everything I see.
A couple of things that I have experienced that I hope can be improved:
When you have very bad reception and are recording your path, the recorded path will erase entirely when you go somewhere and have no reception. I understand not being able to continue the recorded path at that point, but it would be VERY helpful if it would auto save the path that was being recorded up to that point, and also if it would have an option to automatically resume the path whenever you get back into an area with reception.
Second, I wish that it would show your current elevation when you are creating a marker or recording a path. No need to continuously track elevation, but i would love to be able to see what elevation the path began and ended at, with occasional updates every 500 feet up or down, or something like that. At the very least, having the best guess at current elevation when pinning a marker would be awesome.
Other than those two things, it works awesome and I will continue to use it and pay the membership during the seasons I use it often.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sportsman Tracker, Inc
- 184 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Sportsman Tracker
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Subscription - Annual $59.99
- Pro Subscription - Monthly $19.99
- Elite Subscription - Annual $119.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.