Thank you for using ibis Paint!
[Changes in ver.6.0.1]
- Fixed some bugs including one where the Eraser tool cannot completely erase lines. Please see the "News" in our website for detail.
[New Features in ver.6.0.0]
- Drastically improved the layout of the Brush window. Now you can change all brush parameters at will, and register your favarite brushes as Custom brushes.
- Added 50 new brush parameters.
- Added 170 new brushes.
- Added the Circle Drawing tool, the Ellipse Drawing tool, the Regular Polygon Drawing tool, the Bezier Curve Drawing tool and the Polyline Drawing tool which are available in the Stabilizer window.
- Added the Fill feature to the Drawing tools which are available in the Stabilizer window.
- Added the Gap Recognition feature to the Bucket tool and the Magic Wand tool. They can be configured via a switch in the Bucket (or Magic Wand) Properties window.
- Added the Unpainted Recognition feature to the Bucket tool and the Magic Wand tool. They can be configured via a switch in the Bucket (or Magic Wand) Properties window. Note that the Expansion feature is disabled when you use the Unpainted Recognition feature.
- Added the Continuous Filling feature to the Bucket tool and the Magic Wand tool. They can be configured via a switch in the Bucket (or Magic Wand) Properties window.
- Added the Eraser Bucket sub-tool to the Bucket tool. You can erase some area in a similar way to that of the Bucket tool.
- Now you can export your artworks in the PSD format. It will be convenient when you send your artworks to printing companies or you edit them in Photoshop or other applications.
- Drastically improved user interfaces of the Filter tool.
- Enhanced features of the Filter tool. Now you can apply filters to the Selection layer. In the filters such as "Drop Shadow", you can choose the reference layer of the shadow (in the case of "Drop Shadow") between the current layer and the upper layer.
- Added the Reordering artworks feature by which you can reorder artworks in the My Gallery screen and the Collection screen. (This is a Prime feature.)
- Added the Unsharp Mask filter.
- Added the Noise filter.
- Added the Glitch filter.
- Added the Bevel filter.
- Added the Frosted Glass filter, Frosted Glass (Zooming) filter and Frosted Glass (Moving) filter.
- Added the Sheer filter, the Sheer (Cross) filter, the Sheer (Line) filter, the Sheer (Circle) filter, the Sheer (Square) filter and the Sheer (Hex) filter.
- Added the Wave filter.
- Added the "Double" brush type, which produces effects similar to the Outline brush.
- Now you can configure the upper limit of the thickness at the start/end of brush lines up to 200%, which enables you to create brushes with ink pools at the start and end.
- Added the "Single" brush type, which draw monochrome lines even when you choose a colorful brush pattern.
- Added the "Color" brush type, which enables you to draw brush lines in full color.
- Added the "Water" brush type, which produces effects similar to the "Watercolor (Mix)" brush.
- Added the "Opacity of Start" and "Opacity of End" sliders to the Brush window by which you can configure the the opacity at the start/end of brush lines up to 200%. If you set them to values greater than 100%, it draws more opaque lines around the start/end of lines.
- Drastically improved the Title screen, the My Gallery screen and the Collection screen.
- Now the app shows news from our website (ibispaint.com) at the head of the ranking in the Title screen.
[Improvements in ver.6.0.0]
- Now the app shows the File menu when you tap the Back button in the Canvas screen to confirm that you really exit the Canvas screen. The "Save as PNG" and "Save as Transparent PNG" features that were in the "…" menu of the Layer window are now available from the File menu.
Ratings and Reviews
Free and THE BEST
If you had to compare this drawing at to others, you will have to realize how this drawing app is amazing and simply astounding. It has so many great and professional features that other great apps/softwares have! Sure it might not be a photoshop(software because the app in phones/tablets is pretty... Shallow) but it sure is easy(just need to attempt to play around with the app) to open and most importantly, FREE! Of course there are ads but only for some dollars you can permanently buy the Remove-Ad version! With that out of the way it makes the app unique from other's. Other apps require you to have a subscription of months(sometimes annually) but Ibis Paint(the X version specially) does not require anything else from you other than to use the app and spread the word! Seriously, try it! It also does not hurt and you don't need any FREE TRIAL thingy like every other art app does.
Of course, like always, there will be things you wish for this app to add on and you can surely make a feedback note to them and suggest them something! Try it!
Please Consider Subscription Alternative
Almost perfect app! Just one thing.. While the subscription model isn’t obligatory, please consider one time purchase for each new feature as an alternative to the subscription model. It’s very hard to stick with subscription model because of cumulative investment, which might not be affordable for most aspiring artists in the long run. Lots of people hate subscription model too, and they might stick to the current version even if they actually willing to pay few bucks for the new features that they use. From your perspective, you put lots of features frequently so one time purchase for each new feature would be very profitable too. I think like many people who love this app, we do care about the developer team, so thank you for reading this and I hope you would consider it. Thank you.
Still my drawing app since 2015
This is actually my first drawing app and I havent been able to move on with others since I’m also a beginner in drawing and it’s wonderful! I had a great time drawing. I didn’t regret purchasing the paid version tbh. Though it might use some storage(or not, I haven’t really checked) It’s still great. I’m happy there’s no ads and stuff and I’m able to draw smoothly. I even recommended this to my best friends but i doubt they’ll get the paid one because of the fact they don’t draw a lot digitally. But, this app has been a great experience for a beginner that has also been experimenting with digital drawing. Oh, also! The app has been capable of actually making everything simple- where everything is at isn’t so confusing as others meanwhile being diverse in brushes, stickers(or stamps) , etc etc.
- ibis inc.
- 78.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © ibis mobile inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Prime Membership $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.