ibis Paint is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 280 million times in total as a series, which provides over 15000 brushes, over 15000 materials, over 1300 fonts, 80 filters, 46 screentones, 27 blending modes, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as radial line rulers or symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibis Paint are uploaded to our YouTube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibis Paint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- Over 15000 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
*About ibis Paint purchase plan
The following purchase plans are available for ibis Paint:
- ibis Paint X (free version)
- ibis Paint (paid version)
- Remove Ads Add-on
- Prime Membership (Monthly plan / Yearly plan)
There is no difference in features other than the presence or absence of advertisements for the paid version and the free version.
If you purchase the Remove Ads Add-on, the ads will not be displayed and there will be no difference from the paid version of ibis Paint.
In order to use more advanced functions, the following Prime Membership (Monthly plan / Yearly plan) contracts are required.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase. A prime member can use the following features and services
- 20GB of cloud storage capacity
- Prime Materials
- Prime Canvas Papers
- Prime Fonts
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Levels Adjustment filter
- Replace Color filter
- Clouds filter
- Reordering artworks in My Gallery
- No advertisements displayed
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
*ibisPaint's terms of service
Thank you for using ibis Paint!
The summary of this update is as follows.
- Added Animation function.
- Added Brush Search function.
- Added Material Search function.
- Added "Background Removal" filter to the "AI" filter category.
- Added "Spin Blur" filter to the "Blur" filter category.
- Added "Retro Game" filter to the "Artistic" filter category.
- Added "History" category to filter and adjustment layers.
- Supports Bluetooth connection of Gaomon pen tablets.
- Changed so that the Transform tool can be launched when the current layer is an Adjustment Layer of "Draw" filters.
- Changed so that text and frames can be added even when the current layer an Adjustment Layer.
- Changed to recommend playback restoration after automatic restoration in certain cases where it will be difficult to restore the artwork in the future.
- Removed the limitation that prevented cloud synchronization after automatic restoration of artworks containing Adjustment Layers.
- Supports the tablet side buttons of XPPEN pen tablets.
- Changed to notify the result when saving PNG or transparent PNG on the canvas screen.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a bug that caused the canvas to go wrong when performing brush drawing of color hints with automatic color filling on certain devices.
- Fixed a bug in the QR Code filter where the QR code may be displayed differently depending on the orientation of the artwork.
- Fixed a bug in the QR Code Adjustment Layer that caused the QR code orientation to change when resizing the canvas, trimming, or changing the image resolution.
- Fixed a bug that left/right margins and top/bottom margins were interchanged when the resolution was changed in the Table Adjustment Layer.
- Fixed "Size" parameter when adding a new QR Code Adjustment Layer to limit it to the size required to read the QR code.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Add New Adjustment Layer mode to exit when trying to hide the parameter window in Add New Adjustment Layer.
- Fixed a bug that could cause crashes when using the Magic Wand, Special pens, and Bucket tool.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused incorrect drawing of doble color brushes when using Array Ruler.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the brush drawing to disappear when a fill was enabled using the Bézier Curve Drawing Tool with a brush such as "Outline".
- Fixed a bug that the undo button sometimes did not work when the application was suspended while using a Bézier Curve Drawing Tool with a brush such as "Outline".
- Fixed a bug that the undo button sometimes did not return the drawing to normal when using the Bézier Curve Drawing Tool with brushes such as "Outline".
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash after a while when continuing to edit after changing the canvas size.
- Fixed a crash when returning to the beginning or closing the playback screen during playback of Special pens.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app... but needs better sorting
I love this app for how simple it is to use and can get amazing pieces out of it with easy but versatile tools. The smudge and blur tools are one of the best ones Ive seen on iOS, doesn’t discolor or pixelate like other apps I’ve used. I use this app for my work as a comic artist, it’s easy to create nice line art even for someone with shaky hands (me).
On a bad note however, my goodness do I have to scroll so much just to find a specific piece I need to edit among other art such as personal and work related drawings. If there was a folder system this would be an app I’d recommend to nearly anyone. But there is little way to sort and you have to pay monthly for it, which tbh is kind of a waste considering the other features aren’t too helpful and the filters could be found in other apps with a one time fee. I often use procreate to keep my pieces together that need touch ups and further editing (without blurring bc the tool on that app is not good at all, Ibis Paint honestly has one of the nicest blending tools and I know that’s a turning point for a lot of people.)
In general, I love this app for its stabilizing and tools but find myself struggling to want to go to it after awhile due to the sorting and that small but very draining problem once you hit over 100 pieces in your gallery. Right now something like google drive or folders on your phone will be a life line to keep things neat.
Love this app, I just have a small problem
So I absolutely love ibispaint. It’s easy to use and it’s pretty capable overall, however, over the course of 4 years I’ve come to find an issue or two with it. My biggest issue by far is a simple, yet horribly painful bug. Whether it’s just my phone or the program I have no idea, but sometimes when I zoom in, my phone will completely lock up. Power buttons do nothing, home button does nothing, I can’t even shut it off, the screen dims but doesn’t turn off when I try to do so. I usually have to wait 3-5 minutes for it to eventually reboot and fix itself, but when you’re trying to doodle in class it gets really annoying, especially when I’m low on time. I don’t have an old phone either. I got this phone brand new last year, it’s an iPhone SE2, so it’s not a lack of processing power that’s causing it to lock up. Thankfully, I don’t lose any progress in these crashes, autosave has saved so many of my drawings.
This app is totally worth it, don’t let my (probably obscure) crashing sway you from downloading. It’s completely worth getting the full version for all the brushes, having this level of customization is incredibly useful, I still give it a 5* purely because of its features and usability, my issue probably isn’t common anyways, maybe my phone just doesn’t like artists…
The BEST art app for iPad
I was a total newbie to digital art. But I downloaded this app back in 2015, hoping to learn the basics before I purchase a drawing tablet for my laptop. And I can proudly say I never did, because this is the ONLY digital art app I’ll ever use! I’ve tried a couple other ones, like procreate and sketchbook - but this is the one that makes the most sense and easy to understand! And learning about layers makes the most sense on this app. I was so confused by procreate, and not just because I was using this one first. Their layering doesn’t make sense at all. And as ibisPaint has evolved, we’ve been given a lot more brushes/items to work with; I even bought the app so I could get more brushes. (I have yet to go “premium” since it’s monthly, but we’ll see lol.) Plus, I’m a quadriplegic, so working on an iPad is the easiest for me. I am so glad ibisPaint exists and continues to keep going. This app better not become obsolete because I will literally cry lol. If you are a beginner to digital art or just want to know the basics, this is the perfect app! And once you get the hang of it, you’ll see that you’ll never want any other art app lol.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ibis inc.
- 76.3 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © ibis inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Prime (Monthly plan) $2.99
- Prime Membership (Yearly plan) $27.99