ibis Paint is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 35 million times in total as a series, over 2100 materials, over 990 fonts, which provides 142 brushes, 37 filters, 46 screentones, 27 blending modes, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibisPaint are uploaded to our Youtube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibisPaint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- 142 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
- A screen tone feature with 46 tones including Dot, Noise, Horizontal, Vertical, Slash, Cross, and Square.
[Selection Area Features]
- 256 grades of selection for each pixel.
- Selection area inversion, moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Brushes strokes that respect selection area, Flood Fill function, layer duplication, layer catenation, layer moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
ibisPaint provides you with the “Prime Membership” (monthly payment) , which enables you to use fully fledged functions. The more people become a prime members, the faster we can develop our application. We would like to create more functions, so please consider becoming a prime member.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Prime Materials
- Prime Fonts
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- No advertisements in screens except the Online Gallery
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
Thank you for using ibis Paint!
The summary of this update is as follows.
- Added the Prime Material feature and the Prime Font feature.
- Changed the color blending calculation around rendering frames or texts on a Frame layer, Text layer or Shape layer. It fixes a problem where the edges of the texts is too white. To maintain compatibility, this improvement is applied only to newly created artworks after this update.
- Now a popup window is shown when you tapped the button at the right end of a font on the Font List window, and it allows you to remove the font or confirm the license file if it exits.
- Changed the label of the "Region" button at the top of the Font List window (whether or not it appears depends on your language settings, i.e., it will appear when Japanese or Chinese) to the name of your language (i.e., "Japanese" or "Chinese").
- Improved the memory performance when you scroll the Font List window.
- Now a material which you selected is added to history tab when you canceled it.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a problem where a font could not be downloaded properly from some font distribution sites with the browser launched from the Font List window of the Text tool.
Ratings and Reviews
Free and THE BEST
If you had to compare this drawing at to others, you will have to realize how this drawing app is amazing and simply astounding. It has so many great and professional features that other great apps/softwares have! Sure it might not be a photoshop(software because the app in phones/tablets is pretty... Shallow) but it sure is easy(just need to attempt to play around with the app) to open and most importantly, FREE! Of course there are ads but only for some dollars you can permanently buy the Remove-Ad version! With that out of the way it makes the app unique from other's. Other apps require you to have a subscription of months(sometimes annually) but Ibis Paint(the X version specially) does not require anything else from you other than to use the app and spread the word! Seriously, try it! It also does not hurt and you don't need any FREE TRIAL thingy like every other art app does.
Of course, like always, there will be things you wish for this app to add on and you can surely make a feedback note to them and suggest them something! Try it!
Please Consider Subscription Alternative
Almost perfect app! Just one thing.. While the subscription model isn’t obligatory, please consider one time purchase for each new feature as an alternative to the subscription model. It’s very hard to stick with subscription model because of cumulative investment, which might not be affordable for most aspiring artists in the long run. Lots of people hate subscription model too, and they might stick to the current version even if they actually willing to pay few bucks for the new features that they use. From your perspective, you put lots of features frequently so one time purchase for each new feature would be very profitable too. I think like many people who love this app, we do care about the developer team, so thank you for reading this and I hope you would consider it. Thank you.
Still my drawing app since 2015
This is actually my first drawing app and I havent been able to move on with others since I’m also a beginner in drawing and it’s wonderful! I had a great time drawing. I didn’t regret purchasing the paid version tbh. Though it might use some storage(or not, I haven’t really checked) It’s still great. I’m happy there’s no ads and stuff and I’m able to draw smoothly. I even recommended this to my best friends but i doubt they’ll get the paid one because of the fact they don’t draw a lot digitally. But, this app has been a great experience for a beginner that has also been experimenting with digital drawing. Oh, also! The app has been capable of actually making everything simple- where everything is at isn’t so confusing as others meanwhile being diverse in brushes, stickers(or stamps) , etc etc.
- ibis inc.
- 48 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © ibis mobile inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Prime Membership $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.