ibis Paint X is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 60 million times in total as a series, over 2500 materials, over 1000 fonts, which provides 335 brushes, 64 filters, 46 screentones, 27 blending modes, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibis Paint are uploaded to our Youtube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibis Paint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- 335 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
*Differences between ibis Paint and ibis Paint X
ibis Paint X shows advertisements.
If you purchase the In-App upgrade, the ads will disappear and there will no longer be any difference with ibis Paint.
We provide you with two ways of purchasing ibis Paint: “Remove Ads Add-on” (one off payment) and “Prime Membership” (monthly payment). When you become a prime member, advertisements will remove. So, if you become a prime member, it will be cheaper not to purchase the “Remove Ads Add-on”.
If you have already purchased the “Remove Ads Add-on”, even if you cancel the “Prime Membership”, advertisements will remain removed.
The more people become prime members, the faster we can develop our application. We would like to create more functions, so please consider becoming a prime member.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Prime Materials
- Prime Fonts
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- Reordering artworks in My Gallery
- No advertisements in screens except the Online Gallery
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
[Remove Ads Add-on]
Unlike ibis Paint (paid version), advertisements are displayed on ibis Paint X (free version). If you buy this Add-On (one off payment), advertisements will remove.
Even if you become a prime member, advertisements will remove. So, if you become a prime member, it will be cheaper not to purchase the “Remove Ads Add-on”.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
Thank you for using ibis Paint X!
The summary of this update is as follows.
- Added new brushes (Three Strand Braid, Three Strand Braid (Outline), Four Strand Braid and Four Strand Braid (Outline)).
- Added new blending mode "Behind Pattern" for brushes.
- Improvement of "Automatic Import Process" which is performed when an artwork file not registered in My Gallery or Collection is found on the storage.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a bug where the ruler knob may not fit in the screen when selecting a ruler.
- Fixed a bug where the playback of an artwork in which you pressed the Visible button in the Layer window while using some brushes (such as Outline or Watercolor brushes) may be incorrect.
- Fixed a bug where the app may crash if the Product Info page is closed by swiping (not by the "Done" button) on iOS / iPadOS13.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
An honest opinion
I’m very new to digital art but I’ve picked up pretty fast and am already taking commissions. Out of all the programs I’ve tried this one is really stellar. It gave me everything others lacked such as more brushes and brush customization, paint bucket tool, merging layers etc. At first I will admit that I was a bit confused because of all the options on the interface but really you get so used to it after really drawing with it. The only time it crashes is when I input a image that the app deems too big, however it’s not a big issue because I can simply adjust the size and it works perfectly (plus it auto saves my work when it did crash). Some of the brushes can be very laggy but really they’re perfect for what I need. The ruler options are also very very handy. Really if you “cant draw” like the negative comments are saying I believe it’s a user fault, maybe they are on a wrong or hidden layer or maybe their opacity is down. I love this a lot. If ur reading this I recommend the download. a big plus is for just one ad you unlock all the locked features for 18 hours, unlike other apps that bombard you with advertisements and lock off everything. Bravo developers I can tell you care about this.💕 Definitely recommend downloading if you’re new to digital art. It introduces you to all the tools and for me even works without WiFi. And I was surprised to say that it’s auto recorded my whole drawing?? That’s SICK. Great great job🎨✨
One of my hobbies is testing drawing apps, and I have had at least 7. I’ve drawn in everything from Notes to Procreate by Apple, but they don’t compare. I got it yesterday, and I already know the functions, and have made better works on here than anywhere else. It’s easy to use, free, and the only ads there are are tiny ones either at the top or bottom of your screen. No videos. It’s incredible. You get amazing brushes, and all for one ad. And you don’t need to spend money just to enjoy the full extent of ibisPaint. So over all, five star review, will not disappoint. (Ok maybe it will I don’t know your style)
Edit: It’s been a while since I first got this and first posted my review! So here is a little update to my thoughts:
It’s always updating! Some annoying things with the eraser and bucket tools have been fixed and all the brushes have been adjusted and some were added! It’s cool to see how much they pay attention to what people need from this app. Editing photos is an easy process, instead of having to do it in the photos app or Photo shop. Anyway, still a five star, I haven’t found any problems with it. But I do think that they should add a settings area in the main page, and a toggle that can turn on or off the function that makes it so when you go out of a drawing or your device dies, you can’t use the ‘go back’ button. I’m not sure how these sorts of apps work, but if that is possible, please make it so.
AMAZING with some minor issues
I love IbisPaint and I suggest that many more people should use this amazing app. I love everything about it. It’s just overall a very easy-to-use drawing app with so many choices. Of course it could be all positive, but there are some minor issues. The first thing is that the ads are pretty unnecessary and kind of annoying. I love the stamps, but the ads you have to watch are a bit irritating...I also do not want to spend money on such a minor issue so if you can make all of the brushes free, that would mean a lot. Second, when you zoom in, the brush strokes are very pixelated but I think that’s normal. I am not sure but if you can, can you fix it? I don’t know if that is normal but whatever. Something else good is that the app is very easy to use. Unlike some drawing apps, the directions are very complex—however, ibisPaint is the opposite! All of the brushes and layers are very easy to use. One other thing, the colour palette. Don’t get me wrong, I love how you can create your own colours and use them, but is there a way so for example, I have a light pink, and a dark pink. I want to put the light pink in front of my darker one. You can’t do that. That makes it kind of weird, because you can’t move around the colours. If you can let them move around, that would mean a lot to me. Again, I love this app and I hope you can just fix some of the things I suggested. No hate, no pressure—keep on working!
An online artist of IbisPaint
- ibis inc.
- 94.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © ibis inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Remove-Ads Add-on $7.99
- Prime Membership $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.