ibis Paint X is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 150 million times in total as a series, over 2700 materials, which provides over 4500 brushes, over 1100 fonts, 78 filters, 46 screentones, 27 blending modes, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibis Paint are uploaded to our YouTube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibis Paint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- Over 4500 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
- 46 screen tone functions such as Dot, Noise, Horizontal, Vertical, Slash, Cross, Square, etc.
*About ibis Paint purchase plan
The following purchase plans are available for ibis Paint:
- ibis Paint X (free version)
- ibis Paint (paid version)
- Remove Ads Add-on
- Prime Membership (Monthly plan / Yearly plan)
There is no difference in features other than the presence or absence of advertisements for the paid version and the free version.
If you purchase the Remove Ads Add-on, the ads will not be displayed and there will be no difference from the paid version of ibis Paint.
In order to use more advanced functions, the following Prime Membership (Monthly plan / Yearly plan) contracts are required.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- 20GB of cloud storage capacity
- Prime Materials
- Prime Fonts
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- Reordering artworks in My Gallery
- No advertisements displayed
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
Thank you for using ibis Paint X!
The summary of this update is as follows.
- Improved the display of the number of artworks remaining to be synced during cloud sync.
- Added "Do not sleep during synchronization" switch to Settings window.
- Added buttons in several places to open the explanation page about cloud storage.
- Changed the string displayed when the "Range" slider of the "Replace Color" filter is set to the maximum value from "OFF" to "∞".
- Changed the text displayed when the "Range" slider of the "Color Range" filter is set to the maximum value from "OFF" to "∞".
- Changed to notify the user that palm rejection is turned on when the user tries to operate with a finger while palm rejection is turned on.
[Fixed bugs and Problems]
- Fixed an alert that displays the message "There is no purchased items that can be restored." with the title "Error".
[Improvement in ver.9.2.2]
- Since many users unintentionally turn on palm rejection when the stylus of choice is Apple Pencil, making it impossible to draw with a finger, we have changed palm rejection to OFF for updates from previous versions.
[New Feature in ver.9.2.1]
- Added palm rejection function for Apple Pencil.
[New Features in ver.9.2.0]
- Added the Cloud Storage feature.
- Added the Canvas Paper feature.
- Added "Levels Adjustment" to the "Adjust Color" filter category.
- Added "Replace Color" to the "Adjust Color" filter category.
- Added "Bevel (Outer)" to the "Style" filter category.
- Added "Color Range" to the Selection tool.
- Added a feature to pick up a color from the current layer (not from the canvas) by the Eyedropper tool.
- Added the "Target" segment to the Transformation tool, which allows you to move and transform the entire canvas.
- Added sliders to move, zoom, and rotate in the Translate Scale command of the Transformation tool.
- Added a function to skip the blue balloon tutorial that is displayed in the canvas screen.
[Improvements in ver.9.2.0]
- When the Transformation tool is invoked on a invisible current layer and if the current layer does not become displayed even after itself and its clipping reference layer are turned to be visible, the Transformation tool didn't launch in the older version, but now it launches and shows a message explaining why it is not displayed.
- When a Text, Frame, or Shape layer is the current layer, the tool used to check if it should be rasterized before launching the Transform tool, but now it checks afterwards.
- In the case of the filters "Lens Blur" and "Sheer (Cross, Square, Hex)," the maximum number of directions that can be set has been doubled.
- Adjusted the background color to make it easier to see the text and buttons in the web font addition window when the window color is black.
- Changed the "Tone Curve" filter to display the graph at the top.
- Changed "Bevel" to "Bevel (Inner)" in the "Style" filter category.
Ratings and Reviews
i’ve been drawing digitally for a few years, and have been experimenting with drawing apps ever since. however, i keep coming back to ibisPaint. it has a flexibility and very user-friendly interface that can be tuned to your tastes. i’ll admit, the many functions and options available to me was intimidating at first, but it quickly became simple and easy to use after i took a moment to explore the app. in my many years of using ibisPaint, i still haven’t discovered all of the things you can do as they keep adding new things.
ibisPaint is a staple drawing app for many artists, and it’s not hard to see why. it’s easy to figure out and the program itself is very cooperative and foolproof. additionally, one of my favorite functions is that all brushes can be unlocked for 18 hours by watching an ad, which is incredibly generous compared to other apps. in others, you would usually need to buy the full version to unlock the really useful functions (most of which ibisPaint offers initially for free). the team also has a tendency to actually read the reviews and reports, which has been helpful on multiple occasions. they’re is extremely efficient, so if there’s something you have an issue with, chances are it’ll be fixed soon ^^.
in conclusion, ibisPaint is one of the best digital art apps available on mobile devices. i would definitely recommend it to all artists, no matter the skill level. thank you developers for making a great app!
An honest opinion
I’m very new to digital art but I’ve picked up pretty fast and am already taking commissions. Out of all the programs I’ve tried this one is really stellar. It gave me everything others lacked such as more brushes and brush customization, paint bucket tool, merging layers etc. At first I will admit that I was a bit confused because of all the options on the interface but really you get so used to it after really drawing with it. The only time it crashes is when I input a image that the app deems too big, however it’s not a big issue because I can simply adjust the size and it works perfectly (plus it auto saves my work when it did crash). Some of the brushes can be very laggy but really they’re perfect for what I need. The ruler options are also very very handy. Really if you “cant draw” like the negative comments are saying I believe it’s a user fault, maybe they are on a wrong or hidden layer or maybe their opacity is down. I love this a lot. If ur reading this I recommend the download. a big plus is for just one ad you unlock all the locked features for 18 hours, unlike other apps that bombard you with advertisements and lock off everything. Bravo developers I can tell you care about this.💕 Definitely recommend downloading if you’re new to digital art. It introduces you to all the tools and for me even works without WiFi. And I was surprised to say that it’s auto recorded my whole drawing?? That’s SICK. Great great job🎨✨
One of my hobbies is testing drawing apps, and I have had at least 7. I’ve drawn in everything from Notes to Procreate by Apple, but they don’t compare. I got it yesterday, and I already know the functions, and have made better works on here than anywhere else. It’s easy to use, free, and the only ads there are are tiny ones either at the top or bottom of your screen. No videos. It’s incredible. You get amazing brushes, and all for one ad. And you don’t need to spend money just to enjoy the full extent of ibisPaint. So over all, five star review, will not disappoint. (Ok maybe it will I don’t know your style)
Edit: It’s been a while since I first got this and first posted my review! So here is a little update to my thoughts:
It’s always updating! Some annoying things with the eraser and bucket tools have been fixed and all the brushes have been adjusted and some were added! It’s cool to see how much they pay attention to what people need from this app. Editing photos is an easy process, instead of having to do it in the photos app or Photo shop. Anyway, still a five star, I haven’t found any problems with it. But I do think that they should add a settings area in the main page, and a toggle that can turn on or off the function that makes it so when you go out of a drawing or your device dies, you can’t use the ‘go back’ button. I’m not sure how these sorts of apps work, but if that is possible, please make it so.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ibis inc.
- 77.2 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © ibis inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Prime (Monthly plan) $2.99
- Remove-Ads Add-on $8.99
- Prime Membership (Yearly plan) $27.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.