Experience one of the best-designed painting, sketching, and drawing apps created for iPad and iPhone. Used by millions, this award-winning app brings a rich, powerful feature set to artists of all levels, whether art is your hobby, passion or career.
- Best-in-class pencils
- Minimal and intuitive interface
- Easily group layers
- Share Time-lapse recordings with your social networks
- Convert any stroke into an editable shape
- Hundreds of built-in brushes: Airbrushes, Calligraphy, Chalk, Charcoal, Glow, Lasso Fills, Pencils, Markers, Oil Paint, Paint Splatter, Spray Paint, Screentones, and Watercolor
- Realistic brush to canvas interaction
- Over 100 customizable settings for every brush
- Organize and share your favorite brushes and brush sets
- Designed for the Apple Pencil with full pressure and tilt support
- Apply real-time color adjustments and live filters to any brush
- Sample lower layers when blending
- Import and export custom brushes and sets
GETTING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR SPACE
- More canvas, less clutter with a clean, customizable interface
- Assign finger functions separate from the Apple Pencil
- Expand and collapse layers with a flick
- Dock brushes and brush settings for quick, easy editing
- Quick access eyedropper
- Rotate and flip canvas
- Group layers with a pinch
MAKING ART LESS WORK
- Pin tools and actions to the main interface
- Pull the color wheel right on the canvas with two fingers
- Add multiple reference images
- Lighting-fast saving and loading
- Step back in time with Project History
- Simple or complex symmetry with Radial or Kaleidoscope
- Draw with precision using Guides or Shapes
- Smart shape detection by pausing when drawing
- Innovative Hatching guide
NEVER LOSING PERSPECTIVE
- Design 3D cityscapes with five different perspective guides or a standard 2D grid
- Drag Rectangle and Circle shapes in perspective
- Seamless pattern projects
- Selection tools: Lasso, Rectangle, Circle, Poly, Path, Wand, Brush, and Color Range
- Industry-leading Transformations
- Transform multiple layers at once
- Gradient and Pattern Fill tools
- Target separate layers or all layers with Fill tools
- Drag with Fill tool or Magic Wand for live tolerance adjustment
- Bring your painting to life with Time-lapse
- Canvas Navigator with flip and grayscale support (for proportions and value checking)
- Clone tool with offset
- Tools for pattern creation
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO CREATE
- 64-bit color when painting
- Layer support with 30 blend modes
- Masks for layers, adjustments, and groups
- Clipping masks
- Gradient map, Color Curves, and Filter layers
- Industry-leading color correction
- Over 40 live Filters
- Focus and Tilt-shift masking
- Crop and Resize tool
- Pattern and Array tools
- Powerful selection workspace
- Photoshop®-like smart layers for multiple transformations without loss of quality
- Solo & Trace modes
- Print presets & CMYK color modes
ACCELERATE YOUR WORKFLOW
- Import from Photos, Camera, Clipboard, or Image Search
- Search over 1 million free for commercial-use images
- Export images as JPG, PNG, ZIP, layered PSD files, or Painter projects
- Share artwork to Infinite Painter's ever-growing community and see what others are creating, #InfinitePainter
- 7 days to try out everything
- 3 layers at the device resolution
- Solid Fill, Lasso selection, Basic Transform and Symmetry
- Seamless pattern projects
- All the built-in brushes and brush editing
- Smart shape detection
- HD canvas sizes and tons of layers*
- Adjustments and live Filter layers
- Layer groups
- Layer masks
- Over 40 powerful, professional tools
* Maximum number of layers depends on the canvas size and your device
TAKE INFINITE PAINTER WITH YOU
See what you can do.
Apple Silicon support - You can now run Infinite Painter on the new MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac mini with M1 (Apple Silicon). This is the perfect combination when using Apple Sidecar with your iPad and Apple Pencil, giving you all the power of desktop hardware in a clean, familiar interface. This opens a whole new door for Infinite Painter, and we have a lot of plans coming for this setup. Enjoy! :)
Ratings and Reviews
Great engine but needs support
Infinite Painter is one of the best art apps available out there and for those with a focus on painting, will most likely meet your needs. The brush engine is impressive, delivering realistic and fast strokes with fairly robust and granular controls. It comes equipped with really useful tools to help you out in desigin-related creation for precise and realistic rendering. UI is simple and easy to use, allowing you to access tools and controls quickly for a smooth workflow.
However, it takes some exploration to learn how to use all this, and this is Infinite Painter’s greatest weakness. There’s little to no guidance on how exactly to use this app. Sure, basic things are explained to you, but those things are intuitive anyways. So many things are just never discussed. Pinning tools, canvas manipulation, deeper brush controls/parameters, all this stuff has to be discovered through trial and error. I’ve flipped the canvas vertically before and couldn’t find a way to turn it back over. Took forever to get it back and it happened by accident. Occurred a few times before I figured out what I was doing.
I certainly hope this continues to be developed out because as of right now, it’s a great tool but needs to be pushed further to become truly excellent. Learning materials, more explanatory UI, and greater apple pencil integration would really take this a long way. Still, it’s a powerful tool as is.
Amazing but needs a double side copy thingy
I love this app and use it WAAAY more than ibis paint but I would use it all the time if there was a mirror tool, basically meaning that if you draw on one side it copies the opposite way on the opposite side. When I am making heads, body’s, etc it is hard to equalize it on both sides. That’s when I go to ibis paint. Compared to ibis paint, this app has a much simpler setup and is easy to use, especially with a stylus or Apple Pencil. I can understand why the developer(s) wouldn’t incorporate this feature in since this app is trying to make it as organic as physical art. Another thing is it’d be nice to have 4 layers instead of 3, because 3 layers can only fit the outline, the skin, and the clothing, but with 4 you could also fit hair and hats. What I don’t like about some of the reviews that are low star is that when for example, they say they are being kicked from the app or cannot draw, but they also say the have a new device, that usually means they have a new device, but it is not a very good device. I would say 5/5 if it weren’t for the layers situation. I honestly can understand the mirror feature, but the layer limit is a little annoying sometimes.
Great app, robust customization
Their brushes are somehow so lush and sensual, and I’m familiar with customizing the most detailed of parameters on every popular app, but can’t put my finger on what is so lovely about these tools. It might have to do with the very friendly curve controls that can be applied and tweaked to myriad inputs to create tools that are adjusted perfectly to one’s needs or intuitions. Being experienced in audio synthesis, I notice a similarity in the approach to the touch interface in the manner that they have implemented a type of envelope curve language to take advantage of all the nuances of user input, making the brushwork remarkably “musical” to my eye. There’s really no other software that accomplishes this so well, and I wish I could afford to continue my trial version. If they had a watercolor engine that could really “bleed” colors the way that adobe’s does, I’d go in all the way, and after playing with their brushes, I fully expected that miracle. Their watercolor simulations are as good as almost any other, and I sympathize with the difficulty that must be entailed in making finished brushstrokes continue to move. I can’t even imagine how that’s done, computationally. And maybe I’ll cave in as I have on so many other apps. I’m sure to miss these glistening, gorgeous strokes. Beautiful job, whoever is responsible!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sean Brakefield
- 124 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Infinite Studio LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Get Everything $9.99
- Get Everything (Trial Discount) $7.99
- Get Everything! (iPhone-only) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.