We are not Sketchbook.
We are not Photoshop.
We are not Procreate.
We are Infinite Painter.
- Nearly 200 beautifully crafted brushes for every type of artist
- Brushes interact realistically with paper textures
- Watercolors bleed out, and paintbrushes mix with the underlying paint on the canvas
- Create your own custom brushes or edit over 60 brush settings
- Designed for the Apple Pencil with pressure and tilt support
- Four types of symmetry with up to 32 planes
- Draw with precision using guides or editable shapes
- Create shapes with ease using our intelligent shape detection system by holding at the end of a stroke
- Design 3D cityscapes with five different perspective guides or use a standard 2D grid
- Seamless pattern projects
- Selection tools: Lasso, Rect, Circle, Poly, Path, Wand, Brush, and Color
- Transform tool: move, scale, rotate, flip, distort, warp, and stamp
- Transform multiple layers simultaneously
- Gradient and Pattern fills
- Specify the target layer when filling to preserve line work
- Drag with the Fill tool or Magic Wand to define the amount to fill in real-time
- Full layer support with 25 blend modes
- Clipping masks
- Color correction
- Color curves: master, red, green, blue, and alpha channels
- 40 photographic, artistic, and motion filters
- Focus and tilt-shift masking
- Liquify: move, bloat, pinch, swirl and ripple
- Crop and Resize tool
- Pattern tools
- It’s simple. It’s organized. It’s out of the way
- Quick access to the eyedropper
- Assign finger functions separate from the Apple Pencil
- Expand and collapse layers with ease
- Dock the brushes and brush settings for quick, easy editing
- Drag favorite tools, options, or even the color wheel to the main interface for quick access
- Rotate and flip the canvas
Import and export
- Create speed paintings or record your workflow with our Record option and share as a video
- Pin reference images
- Import from Photos, Camera, Clipboard, or Image Search
- Search over 1 million free for commercial-use images
- Export images as JPG, PNG, layered PSD files, or Painter projects
- Share artwork to Infinite Painter's ever growing community and see what others are creating
Artwork provided by:
Multiple reference images - add as many reference images you want to a project. You can use these for reference or to select colors from with the eyedropper. Stack them, move them, flip them (with double tap), or hide them.
New Navigator tool - it's like a reference image of the current project. You can use this to view the overall composition of the painting when zoomed in on a section. And just like a reference image, you can sample colors from it, resize it, flip it (with double tap), or move it out of the way.
New Classroom - we’ve added 38 short videos to help you get to know the awesome features of this app like docking your favorite tools or transforming multiple layers.
64-bit color support (for supported devices) - this creates smoother color gradients, softer airbrushes, and better color blending.
Touch-Alt - when using the Apple Pencil, place your finger anywhere on the screen to treat it like a modifier key. This is just like holding Shift or Alt in Photoshop. We’ve started building this into several tools. For example, when using Touch-Alt, you can now snap to 15 degree increments when rotating the Transform tool, or when using the Rect shape, you can use Touch-Alt to snap it to a square.
-When using the Pen or Path shape, hide all points except the neighbors when editing the path
-Fixed exporting large PSD files
-Fixed not being able to pick colors from reference images when they were outside the canvas
-Show cursor when using eraser or liquify
-Update layer thumb information after changing opacity or blend mode
-Flip reference images and Navigator with double tap gesture
-Fixed not saving project bug after importing a PSD
-Non-obstrusive Color Curve tool
Ratings and Reviews
Great App, But I Have a Few Opinions
First and Foremost, this is a great app! It’s a super alternative to Procreate for artists with an iPad, or another tablet. I have used this for years and fell in love with all the customization you can do! But, I recently got a new account, and realized the limitations of the app, without the unlimited subscription. I get it, you can’t have a COMPLETELY free app, that wouldn’t make sense from a developer standpoint. But you can even add different layers, which I would like to think is why some people choose to draw online. Also, you can’t manipulate things in your drawing, which is another reason so many people choose to draw online. Ending this extremely log review, I think you should make some changes, and take out some of the “minor” customizations, and add some of the “major” customizations like layers and manipulation, and it could make it the perfect alternative for people!
Great app with a few quirks
This app has a great mix of tools and features from successful art software and it manages to not make the user experience a mess considering the amount of tools included. However, one thing that currently prevents me from using it more often is the way brush stepping is implemented and makes brushes like the airbrush not usable as the stepping is VERY noticeable and it also creates a sharp outline which should instead look as a smooth gradient. I use the airbrush a lot in my work and haven’t been able to find a setting to alleviate this issue. Other quirks are related more to a “power” user scenario. Things like layer grouping, multi layer selection are not here. Other things like persistent color picker and tools bar (shown in the first app store screenshot) don’t seem to be present or there isn’t any documentation on how to enable it. Regardless of these setbacks, this app comes filled with very useful features for precise work and manages to make the user experience a breeze for the most part. Also I think the three finger swipe to change brush size/opacity is probably the best thing since the two finger tap to undo was invented. Great work on the app and hope to see it improve!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the great review! We will look into the stepping issue you mentioned. We are also currently redesigning the Classroom section of the app to better showcase some of the features that are harder to find in the app. The first screenshot was built by docking some of the tools and the color wheel. You can dock nearly any tool or action by long-pressing on the icon and dragging it to the quick bar in the top-right. You can also dock the color wheel by using two fingers to place it on the canvas. I hope this helps!
Could be great
There’s a lot to like about Painter. It has many feature missing in other apps and if you like to customize your buttons on the interface you can do that. It has the tap to undo gesture that every drawing app must have.
My problem with Painter is that you have just s few gestures and they are not very customizable. The 3 finger to change brush size feels awkward. The main issue is with the workflow, because you have to tap a check mark to get out and accept any changes in all features. This is extremely slow and annoying. The layer menu is slow to use and is in the way but at the same time too small. I don’t like the slide out to see the other layer functions. It feel like it’s always in the wrong view.
If there was a way to get out of a feature menu by just selecting a brush with a gesture or even a button that is always in the same spot that would help. Ideally you should never have to move the pencil from where you are drawing. Features should appear under the pencil and you should be able to get out of them there as well. I don’t want to have check marks I have to tap all over the interface. It’s bad design.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback! We have plans to beef up the actions you can do when double-tapping the new Apple Pencil. We also have plans to bring in copy and paste support across apps. Currently, the best way to do this in this version is by dragging and dropping files (images or PSD's) from the Files app onto the canvas, but we will be increasing this functionality in coming updates.
- Sean Brakefield
- 73.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
English, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Sean Brakefield LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Get Everything (Trial Discount) $6.99
- Get Everything $9.99
- Get Everything! (iPhone-only) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.