Elegant, intuitive & clutter-free mind mapping. Wherever inspiration strikes. Capture, develop and organize your best ideas. Realise your full potential with iBlueSky.
- Optimized for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch (only one purchase required to run with an optimized experience on all device types).
- Huge page size
- Easy import via the web in Freemind & OPML formats
- Easy export via email in these formats: PDF, PNG (limited to 4000x4000 pixels), OPML outlining format, Freemind, plain text
- Branches with more than one line of text
- Link branches
- Attach notes to branches (imported and exported in most external formats)
- Edit branch colours with an easy-to-use color picker, option to apply color changes to sub-branches
- Clipboard: cut, copy and paste branches
- Scroll and zoom - standard pinch gesture
- Double tap to zoom in and out
- Auto-hiding toolbars
- Fix for a crash when importing projects
- Links between branches are now exported/imported correctly
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good App - Great Technical Support
This app is worth the $8. I like that it exports out to so many different Mind Mapping Software extentions and PDF. Some great features that would be nice is the ability to link project files to other project files. Also a true export function would be preferred that you could send in your own e-mail or sync to a computer, as another user pointed out, I would not be comfortable exporting anything that may be confidential, but for general brainstorming it works great.
Had an issue recently where could not send my files to myself, due to having a "/" in the project name, spent a couple of days corresponding with Tenero on the problem, but it sounds like it has been resolved. If this app allowed me to export locally to sync or out of my personal e-mail, I would have given this app 5 for 5 stars, but otherwise it is a nice app.
Not as elegant, but progress!
Latest Update: finally some enhancements arrive and credit is deserved by the developers. However, the simple elegance of the original version of iBlueSky is not replicated in the new features. Were the new features developed by a different person? For example, too many steps to get to a note. Also, on a crowded map it is difficult to tell which node the "T" (indicating text for the note) refers to. Other mind mapping programs handle the note function more effectively. I raised my overall grade to four stars, and hope the developers continue the improvements, and maintain the elegance of their original concept throughout all of iBlueSky's features!
Original review: I use mind mapping extensively and (until now) had not found a substitute for my Moleskine journal at times when laptop use was inconvenient. The world changed when I found iBlueSky! Easy to use and manipulate branches, my spare moments have become productive! I create mini-maps and then email them to myself for inclusion into my larger X-Mind maps on my laptop. iBlueSky is an impressive program I recommend highly. I have purchased iThoughts as well, but found it more difficult to use... too much time spent in the mechanics of the program as compared with input creativity.... Go with iBlueSky, it's worked very well for me.
Incredible for self-therapy, too.
I use this program all the time. Not just for projects, but for introspection, too. When I have a gnawing doubt, or am conflicted over a choice... you know how it goes.
It's wonderful and elegant, and they send you tutorials. How can you lose?
It's also a paradigm shift. No more outlines, for example. It also just "feels" right - the bubbles look a lot like the neurons in your head; so that makes sense.
I haven't had it for long but I'm already starting to rely on it more and more. No telling what uses I'll get out of it.
Kind of like when clocks first showed up. At first they were just tinker toys. But - believe it or not - there's a direct connection between clocks and the industrial revolution. Tinkering with those toys started giving us a lot of ideas...
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Andrew Ebling
- 20.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Andrew Ebling
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.