iBurn is back for 2023! iBurn is an offline map, compass, and guide for the Burning Man art festival, crafted with love as a gift for the community. We hope you like it!
* Nearby Mode: Quickly find what's happening around you right now
* Full Text Search: Try "bacon" or "coffee"
* Geocoder: Always shows your current Playa Address (e.g. 6:30 & B)
* Easy access to Favorites
* Walking & Biking Estimates
* Compass mode
* Event filtering
* Every public listing for Art Camps & Events (from PlayaEvents API)
* Works on iPhone & iPad
Want to help us make it even better? Get involved! iBurn is free and open source: https://github.com/Burning-Man-Earth/iBurn-iOS
Note: Camp locations are restricted until the gates open due to Burning Man Org restrictions. The passcode will be released to the public on Sunday at 12:01am. Don't worry too much, the app should also automatically unlock itself once you're there.
Follow @iBurnApp on Twitter or Facebook for this year's passcode, or ask a Black Rock Ranger, Playa Info or Burning Man Staffer.
* Show camps on map at high zoom levels
* Don't show expired favorited events on map
* Continuously update your current playa address in navigation bar
* Fix some crashes
* Update bundled API data
* Fix bus depot location
* Audio tour back button on lock screen
* Add audio tour!
* Add lock screen playback controls and imagery
* Fix geocoder for camps in plazas
* Adds some missing portos to the map
* Throttle data updates
* Sort of fixes the UISearchController overlay bug
* Improved dark mode support
* Dark map theme
* Add Navigation Mode setting to keep screen on when map is visible
* Add remote data update capability and data updates screen
* Ability to Select All / Select None for Event type filtering
* Fix some bugs
* Add in some new bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Amazingly useful app on the playa
I actually made it to a bunch of classes that I would never have remembered or discovered had it not been for this app. Super useful. My only complaint is that it would crash a bit more frequently that I would have liked but it always came back to where I was. Annoying but easy to work around. The info was valuable and I was able to locate food anywhere in the playa when needed. How fun :) the calendar reminders were amazing too and the map locator was extremely helpful when we got lost out in deep playa and were trying to figure out the best way back. Overall, very happy and a must for any burner to use for next year. The books are a nice keepsake but this is actually useful!
A most have during your burner stay! Once its downloaded it works within Black Rock City without internet connectivity (even in airplane mode that saves phone charge). An interactive map (your camp location can be saved), a list of art displays and camps with their descriptions and coordinates, a list of daily events with locations & time… do I have to say more? A really well developed app that would enhance your Burning Man experience.
Very useful. Much more convenient than a paper map, had video tour in it, really cool! Thank you guys ❤️ you made my first burn easy )'(
I wish though there was a search engine where you could add a key work and it will help you to find the art installation or camp you are looking for (like in google when it says : " maybe you are looking for the following ...."
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chris Ballinger
- 87.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- © iBurn Team