The ICD/CRT Appropriate Use Criteria App provides decision and documentation support for clinicians assessing the suitability of ICD implantation and CRT. After selecting ICD or CRT as the intended therapy, clinicians will enter a patient’s LVEF and NYHA class to:
• Obtain an appropriate use rating for ICD/CRT
• View the likelihood of CMS coverage for the patient receiving an ICD
• Produce a summary of patient inputs and advice for email.
The App addresses those patient scenarios specifically covered in the ACC/HRS/AHA et al. 2013 Appropriate Use Criteria for ICD and CRT document. Information in the App is intended to support clinical decision making and does not represent the only or the best course of care, or replace clinical judgment. Therapeutic options should be determined after discussion between the patient and their care provider. The CMS ICD Coverage Decision included in this Application is for informational purposes only. User must contact CMS for appropriate qualifications. ACCF does not guarantee that a user might or might not expect coverage based on the responses selected in the Application.
Leave a comment in the app store or fill out the survey on the “About” page of this app to help ACC continue to improve its tools for clinicians.
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
- American College of Cardiology
- 15 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 American College of Cardiology
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.