iCheckBalance is an easy to use checkbook app and a bill tracking app in one.
+ iCheckBalance has a simple spreadsheet like interface that makes reconciling statements a snap.
+ Transaction rows can be moved up or down to change the sequence to match your bank statement.
+ New transaction rows can be inserted at the end, or above, or below an existing row.
+ Balance is calculated for each transaction.
+ Transactions not yet cleared can be marked as pending and (optionally) removed from the balance calculations.
+ Reconciled transactions can be flagged as such.
+ Quick fill feature for fast transactions entry.
+ Easily Transfer amounts between accounts.
+ Cash flow charts.
+ Charts deposits, deductions, and balance over day, week, month or year time periods.
* Bills and payments can be tracked for multiple bill accounts.
* Bills can be setup to recur weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, 6-monthy or yearly.
* Bills can be viewed on calendar.
* Bills can be sorted by due date.
* Bills due soon and overdue are marked.
* Bill payments can be deducted from an account when entering bill payment.
+ In-app multi-line calculator: great for calculating discounts and percentages.
+ Rows in calculator can be edited with all results updating like a spreadsheet.
* Passcode lock for added security with option to unlock using Touch ID (or Face ID on iPhone X).
* Help info in the app; no separate manual needed.
+ You get all the features when you buy the app and get all future updates for free. There are no in-app purchases for additional features or subscriptions to buy and no ads in the app.
All data backed up on sync.
You can also export account data in CSV format for reading into spreadsheets or for keeping your own backup.
Get iCheckBalance and avoid late fees and bank charges by staying on top of your bank accounts, credit cards and bills.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
+ Performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app for projecting future balances…The only things I would recommend are:
1) allow Bills names to be edited: right now, once you create a new BILL, the name is unchangeable. It’s only inconvenient because I like to put the due dates in the bills names, and sometimes due dates change drastically. 2) perhaps a feature where recurring bills are automatically set up on the ledger, organized by due dates, where you can choose an end date or no end date. This would help with recurring bills that are automatically withdrawn on the same date of every month with the same amount every month.
You can drag and drop your line entries!!
THAT is this apps greatest feature. It has a lot of good stuff.
When you go to reconcile what you entered with your bank you can drag to match the order on their ledger statement. And if you missed an entry you can add it and then drag it to its proper place in line.
I have not found any app that does this at all in decades of using software for financial tracking. It seems like a no brainer but THIS is it.
iCheckBalance (currently I use ver. 3.0) imho is BETTER than Quicken and Peachtree and MSMoney and well you name it. It gets the job done with no bells and whistles.
The only feature I WISH it had was importing/exporting to and from either iCloud or Dropbox or just local files on device - So I did not have to print and manually input each time I do my reconciliation. I can have up to 60 lines to add and update at a time and it is a bit time consuming.
If this app included a simple input and field match for
date, amount (+/-), name
and option for automatically making the entire input cleared then SUPER!!
I would pay ... easily ... $20 for a one time purchase of this app with those two additional features.
Still even without the import/export feature it is
THE BEST CHECKBOOK APP YOU WILL EVER USE TO DATE!
The only thing wrong with this app is that it doesn’t put pending transactions in the checkbook. I want to look at my checkbook and see what I have on a certain future date. The way this app is set up I have to cell my balance and then go to the Bills section and subtract them all by hand to see what I will have. If you add this feature I will use this app and give it 5 stars.
The developer, Sonmbol LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sonmbol LLC
- 2.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Sonmbol LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.