Meet Millie, the ordinary lap dog who turns real life into outrageous adventure.
Welcome to Millie's Puppy School, where Professor Millie teaches dogs how to train their out-of-control humans. In this bath-battling app, “puppies” aged 4+ will laugh out loud as they help Millie STAY STINKY!
HONORS FOR MILLIE
• A Kirkus “Best Book of the Year” Winner
• Editor’s Choice, Children’s Technology Review
• A Washington Post’s “Best Apps to Give and Get”
CRITICS LOVE CUTE LITTLE MILLIE
“With its universal humor and adorable star, Millie deserves space on any family's iPad.”
– Parent’s Choice
“Millie offers the kind of humor that appeals to both kids and parents on different levels.”
– Common Sense Media
“She’s a good dog with a great set of apps. Millie’s misadventures could continue indefinitely with its exuberant storytelling and attention to detail.”
– Kirkus Book Review
“My seven-year-old daughter found [Millie] to be incredibly funny. She ‘oohed’ and ‘ahhed’ over the adorable art.”
“Children’s apps have all begun to look alike but Millie Was Here stands alone as the pick of the litter.”
– The Horn Book
SMART SCREEN TIME
Hidden inside that adorable, furry little exterior is an interactive reading experience with some serious educational value. The apps are designed with education experts & child development specialists to engage and support beginning readers. They encourage deep learning activities such as: imagination, exploration, problem-solving, inference, reading comprehension & expanding vocabulary.
Millie Was Here is used in thousands of schools, by everyone from classroom teachers to speech language pathologists, because Millie’s greatest superpower of all is her ability to ENGAGE READERS—even the most reluctant readers.
• Kids can listen to the dramatic narration or read it themselves
• Loaded with surprising interactivity, including a large open play area
• Packed with adorable photos and video of real dog, Millie, and tons of wacky animation
• Find hidden stickers on every page, and collect them in a sticker book
• Card Maker. Use the stickers you’ve collected in this artistic activity
• Read-along text highlights words as they are read aloud
• Professional dramatic narration models proper pronunciation and fluency
• “Bedtime Mode” creates a calmer experience for nighttime reading
• Original, professional artwork, photography, and music composition
FEATURES FOR EDUCATORS
• Educator’s/Learning Guide:
Because the apps live in the digital world, our accompanying Educator’s Guides focus on real world skills. They feature fun, core-aligned classroom projects covering subjects & skills from English Language Arts to Social Emotional Learning. Lessons are offered in a simple step-by-step format in a printable 44 page PDF found in the app's Educator's section. Activities include:
1) Let’s Make Millie Origami (STEAM)
2) Millie’s Stink Lab (STEM)
3) Dirty Dog or Clean Canine? (ELA)
4) Doggy Feelings Charades (SEL)
5) Millie’s Bath Mix-Up (ELA)
• Classroom Mode:
Gives educators persistent controls for classroom use & in special needs settings (designed with developmental experts, teachers, and SLPs)
1) Trigger the narration in each page to be read at any time
2) Rewind interactive activities to give each child a turn
3) Freeze the action on command for impromptu discussions
4) Reward good behavior at any time with delightful Gold Millie Coins!
• Record your own narration
Kids can practice the important skill of reading aloud by recording their own narration for the book. A recording studio mix recording your own narration simple.
We are an independent studio of designers, engineers and artists, founded in 2011.
More Millie fun with improvements and updates
Ratings and Reviews
Millie’s Bath Battle
I can’t wait to share this app with my students in the upcoming school year! I love that I can share it in the classroom or in any Remote Learning plan. It is certainly going to engage struggling and reluctant readers into active participation! There are so many fun and interactive components that even I was laughing as I explored Millie’s Bath Battle with “Humans!” The Educators Guide along with the Remote Teaching advise is going to be a helpful resource for educators, parents and care givers. I love all the printable resources too!
This is a fun app for kids and so relatable to daily routines and learning. The app illustrates self-expression and perspective taking as kids see daily routines played out. The sheer silliness of the story and it’s interactive features will have kids coming back again and again. And there is an educational guide for parents and teachers!
So adorable and fun!
I played this game with my 5 year old nephew who LOVED it! He loved the previous Millie apps too, and we were excited when this new one came out. It’s really well done, funny, and sweet. The animation is great and we loved bathing and grooming Millie, and putting her to sleep in her PJs. I highly recommend it - really original. Five stars!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MegaPops LLC
- 279.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- 2021© Megapops, LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.