Create the map of your favorite places (restaurants, bars, cafés, brunch places, shops, parks…) and get recommendations from your friend's map.
Pyfl (Places Your Friends Like) gives you personal recommendations from people you trust, not random anonymous 5-star reviews.
Why we built Pyfl?
We like to go to places our friends suggested much more than to go to a place pushed by anonymous (and questionably trustworthy) sources. First, you know your friends and it's much easier to know why they suggest a place. You know their taste and you know if you trust their "best burger of the town" rating. It's a much more personal way of discovering new places. There is no "smart" algorithm in Pyfl that decides a restaurant is good for you.
How you can use Pyfl:
- Remember your favorite places
- Organize your places into lists
- List the places you go to lunch to with colleagues
- Get suggestions from your friends for a nicer dinner
- When traveling, get recommendations from friends who have already been there
- Get recommendations from the magazines and brands you trust
- Discover the most popular places in your group of friends.
How to use Pyfl?
- Sign up to create an account.
- Your map displays both your favorite places and your friends favorite places
- Use the Add button to add places you like to your map
- Use the Discover tab to find nearby recommendations from your network.
- Use the Find People link in the Discover tab to find people by name.
Feedback more than welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Full iPad support
- We've removed the Facebook login option to protect the privacy of our users. If you used to connect to Pyfl with Facebook, you can use your email and the "Forgot Password?" option on the login screen to request a password.
Ratings and Reviews
Gotta try it
This app sounds very good. Not liking the 'In App Purchase ' but I'm willing to give this a try. I'll follow up when I've made my decision. 5 stars just because a like Genius Scan so much, this should be the same 👍
Integration with social media is great. Forced integration with social media—not so much. I don’t really care for the updates that made the mandatory. I deleted the app; I’ll wait until it becomes less intrusive.
Finally my favorites places on one map!
I use this to organize my favorite neighborhood spots so I can share them with my friends who are constantly asking for my recos.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Grizzly Labs
- 50.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015 The Grizzly Labs
- In-App Purchases
- Generous Tip $2.99
- Small Tip $0.99
- Super Large Tip $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.