BETTER GRADES ARE A TAP AWAY
The Wyzant App makes it easy for parents and students to instantly connect with expert tutors for in-person and online lessons.
- Find your ideal tutor: We have more tutors covering more subjects than anywhere else. Easily compare tutors and their ratings, student reviews, backgrounds, and fees.
- Instantly connect: Chat in real time. Ask tutors questions and get answers right away.
- Enjoy easy booking: See tutors’ schedules and book lessons at times that work for you.
- Track progress: See all lesson summaries and messages in one place.
- Get helpful reminders: See upcoming lessons and other important notifications right on your phone.
- Give feedback: Add a review to your tutor’s profile after your first lesson.
EXPERT HELP IN MATH, TEST PREP, AND MUCH MORE
We have thousands of professional tutors with more certified and retired teachers than anywhere else. Whether you want your elementary school child to learn core skills or need help with college level or higher classes, we can help you find your ideal tutor.
- Tutors for K-5: Help your elementary school child be more confident both in and out of the classroom. Build core skills in reading, writing, math, and studying. From help with multiplication to explaining new Common Core teaching methods, we make it easy to find the right tutor for your child.
- Middle school and high school tutors: From chemistry to calculus to history, we have experts ready to help your child succeed in math, science, and more. Help your child ace exams and stay on track for college.
- College tutors: Get last-minute study help online or take ongoing lessons for tough subjects. From economics to trigonometry, we make it easy to master difficult subjects.
- Math help: Get expert help in algebra, trigonometry, calculus, statistics, and every advanced math class in between.
- Test prep tutors: We have professional tutors who specialize in helping students prep for tests, so you can be confident on your test day. Find expert tutors for PSAT, ACT, SAT, LSAT, MCAT, GRE and much more.
- Language tutors: No matter which language you want to master, we can put you in touch with an expert private tutor—from English, to Spanish, to French, and beyond.
- Online tutoring: We make it easy to get tutoring services right when you need them. When you meet with a tutor online using Wyzant, you can video chat with a tutor and collaborate on an interactive whiteboard that includes several robust and easy-to-use features.
EXPERT TUTORS RIGHT AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
We make it easy to quickly connect with tutors and stay in touch, while you’re on the go.
SEE TUTORS’ SCHEDULES AT A GLANCE
Set up regular lesson times easily to help you meet your goals. You can also see if your tutor is available for a last-minute lesson before a test or any time you want an extra study session.
MEET WITH YOUR TUTOR ONLINE OR IN PERSON
Tutor profiles on Wyzant will tell you if a tutor offers both in-person and online lessons. Meet with your tutor where and when it works best for you.
FIND AN EXPERT ANYTIME YOU NEED ONE
With the Wyzant App for Students, you can quickly connect with new subject matter experts—from chemistry to Spanish tutors—at any time. Plus, get homework help, prep for an exam, or answers to your questions quickly and easily.
HOW IT WORKS
Start learning with your ideal tutor today.
1. Answer a few simple questions, and we’ll introduce you to the experts.
2. Instantly connect with tutors who fit your needs and your schedule.
3. Easily add your payment information and book lessons on the go.
4. See grades and confidence improve!
MORE ABOUT WYZANT
As the world’s leading tutoring network, we help more students in more places than anyone else. We’re dedicated to helping everyone achieve their personal and academic goals and provide a yearly college scholarship contest through our website.
Fixed: A random crash occurring when opening a tutor's profile.
Improved: We made some under the hood bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent tutor - great with teens !
I have a 14 year old son who , like most teenagers , swears he knows everything! He was not excited at all to get tutoring because he is passing (just barely) Algebra and insisted that he was ok to pass the first practice round of regents. I knew he needed help and insisted and Venicia was highly recommended and she did not disappoint! She came to help prep him for his practice exam and he passed ! And he actually enjoyed his session. She finds ways to not only review important concepts with him but can also handle his know it all attitude with ease and humor. She even spent time explaining to him why and how math was important , for all aspects of his life. She is trustworthy and reliable as well. I can’t say enough positive things about her!
Developer Response ,
Sometimes the first step can be the toughest, but we're so happy to hear that your son has been enjoying his lessons with Venicia! Thank you for the wonderful review, and we wish you and your son the best!
Basically no customer support
The experience in terms of finding a tutor was okay. But the issue with Wyzant is that there is basically no customer service. Rude, professional agents, especially the ones who take care of online chatting for customer support. I would recommend no one link their banking information to the Wyzant account, because I bet there will be some financial issues with the tutor, and Wyzant would not do anything. They charge your PayPal account in the forms of ”automated payment, ” which makes it really hard to dispute. It is not a subscription service so there would be no need for them to charge you with automated payment. One of my tutors told me that Wyzant takes a quite huge percentage from the payment also. I am pretty sure they do not invest that to improving customer service.
Do not use Wyzant. There are other subscription services such as Chegg. I have had no issues with them, especially in terms of payment. Wyzant is so worried that the customer contacts tutor directly to avoid their service fee, mandatory fees they take from the tutor. I understand that, but it cause so many confusion, meaningless wait time whenever there is a payment issue.
Horrible Experience 1st Time USER
If I could give zero stars I would. I’ll try to keep this brief...I was looking for a Gmat tutor. I created an account. Built my profile. All seemed good. I messaged a local tutor that looked promising. I needed a tutor ASAP so I proved the tutor my phone number in the message and let them know I was interested in their services. I waited for a reply. No reply. I went back to the App and it is asking me for a credit card. Hmm that’s weird. They want to run my credit card... why??? I’ve used message and platform apps before but they never forced me to put in a credit card and then charge the credit card just to send messages and connect with users. I called support. They told me I need to put in a credit card to use their app because I’m not allowed to give my phone number out in messages. Why would I give my credit card over so easily to you? This app is bogus and they need to fix their new client adoption process. Zero stars and I’m not using them again. No one should. Call and friend and ask if they know a tutor. Also they charge 9% service fee. Way to high. See yah
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. While you are correct that we require a form of payment on file on your account to continue your conversation with a tutor, you don't have to pay anything upfront and if you never have a lesson, you will not be charged.
If you move forward with lessons, you will be charged individually after each session. There is never a contract to sign and you can discontinue lessons at any time.
Also, we’re confident that we can help you connect with a tutor who is a good fit for your needs, and to make the process as risk-free as possible, we offer what we call our Good-Fit Guarantee. If a tutor you meet is not a good fit, simply contact us after your first lesson to get a refund of your first hour together.
Please let our Customer Support team know if they can be of any further assistance.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wyzant, Inc.
- 44.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2005 - 2021 Wyzant, Inc. - All Rights Reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.